View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:00 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 LDI Weapons and Hunter-Killer robot (B22 compatible) 

Post LDI Weapons and Hunter-Killer robot (B22 compatible)
A while ago I made three weapons to go with my much acclaimed Build 18 conversion of Ropeface's Hunter-Killer mech which even had a drawing of it displayed in the Play Magazine interview with Data(top right corner). Ropeface PMed me a while ago and asked to stop working on the HK project because he was returning to work on it himself. I don't know what happened to Ropeface and if he's ever gonna actually revive the HK bot, and I can't figure out the new actor setup for the life of me, so here are just the weapons.

The Ripper HMG fires 20mm High Explosive Anti-Personnel shells. While classified as a machinegun it functions more as a high-velocity automatic grenade launcher, with the damage to match. The explosive shells will absolutely pulverize most flesh and metal targets.

The Slayer Cannon is a formidable energy sniper rifle. Not particularly original, but why the hell not, right?

The Piledriver is my pride and joy, using compressed steam to drive a tungsten-cored titanium spike around a foot into any target and extract it back into its housing. This can be used to destroy even the hardiest of opponents, at the cost of having to get close enough. Another fun use for this is attacking unsuspecting guards through walls, floors and ceilings they thought were secure.

All three of these weapons are heavier than an average gun, so mechanized and/or biologically enhanced units are recommended to be used to carry these into battle. A good example would be the Crobotech Heavy Troopers or the DarkStorm Shogun power armor system.

:arrow: Update! Our old friend the Hunter-Killer bot is back with a vengeance, and the Slayer Cannon and HMG got a bit of a cowbell infusion! The HK can't crawl, but does drop to the ground at the press of the crouch button. Do this while walking toward an enemy to perform a devastating body slam (Best performed while not carrying any weaponry as it may get dropped in the process). The HMG got a HEAP shell explosion improvement and casing ejection origin fix. The Slayer Cannon now behaves in a much more glorious manner, though it does require a bit more timing to use effectively.

:arrow: Update! Updated for Build 22 and compacted into one RTE folder. While the HK has 400 HP, it's still vulnerable to high-velocity impacts, and the new Coalition Revolver Cannon is the epitome of such. Beware!

Last edited by lazermaniac on Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:45 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: LDI Weapons
I think this mod could use a TINY bit of polishmentelism. I like the explosive automatic people killer, but I should have had some sort of warning of "CAUTION: DON'T AIM AT FEET OR TOO CLOSE TO YOU" On any other actor than the reflective robot it seems to be like a garbage disposal in the sink.

7/10. would buy again

Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:04 am

Im_Sparks wrote:
I should have had some sort of warning of "CAUTION: DON'T AIM AT FEET OR TOO CLOSE TO YOU"

So, you're saying the words "High Explosive" weren't enough for you?

Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:14 am
Profile WWW

lazermaniac wrote:
Im_Sparks wrote:
I should have had some sort of warning of "CAUTION: DON'T AIM AT FEET OR TOO CLOSE TO YOU"

So, you're saying the words "High Explosive" weren't enough for you?

Hey, I have good aim but my parkinsons can turn this party upside down. I'm basically saying that is something hits you and knocks you down you'll have no legs and no fun. Great mod, though.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:05 am

Man, interesting use of the muzzle flash on the piledriver there. It's pretty cool.

Two complaints: the shells on the ripper need to eject further back on the gun. It looks like they're coming out of the barrel. Also, the sniper's firing sound is weak.

Otherwerise, good show. I was actually thinking of making something similar to the ripper myself...

Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:23 am
Profile YIM
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Quote:
which even had a drawing of it displayed in the Play Magazine interview with Data(top right corner).

That's...not what you think it is.

That's a concept sketch of a battle on the moon with the female alien necromancer. Made by Prom and in no way inspired by any user-created content.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:10 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Those body sprites look like the Hunter Killer mod's sprites.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:51 am

Foa wrote:
Those body sprites look like the Hunter Killer mod's sprites.

I did say these were made for the Hunter Killer back when I fixed it up for B18.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:52 am
Profile WWW

Im_Sparks wrote:
I think this mod could use a TINY bit of polishmentelism.

yeah, could use a tiny bit of Image

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:52 am

Yes, I'll be sure to go out and get some polish sausage and stuff it down your throat through the internet :twisted:
Thanks for the critique, I'm working on making the weapons look a bit better as we speak.
Edit: Polish sausage administered.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:48 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: LDI Weapons and Hunter-Killer robot (Updated Nov 2nd)
delicious :appeal:

Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:24 am

All the weapons are nice, especially the Ripper. Feels good using it.

The HK robot though, I lost most of its health on bumping here and there. And it's jetpack is waaaaayyy too powerful. If you equipped it with light weapons, it simply flies off the map with a tap on the jetpack. I don't know if that's part of your design, so nothing more to say about these. But it's good to have a nimble unit in my purchase list :)

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:53 am

The jetpack is designed with the heavier weapons in mind, as well as to allow the HK to serve as a battlefield scavenger unit. Try walking around with a Piledriver, impaling oncoming hordes and harvesting their weapons, and then loading them into a missile and sending them off for profit!

Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:02 am
Profile WWW

lazermaniac wrote:
Try walking around with a Piledriver, impaling oncoming hordes and harvesting their weapons, and then loading them into a missile and sending them off for profit!

I...Don't get the last part. You can make money out of enemy weapons?!

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:49 pm

Heh, yes you can.

All you need is to land a craft and make it stay. Then open its doors manually and then switch to the actor that has the refundable guns, and throw them at the craft and they'll get loaded in. And finally just liftoff and leave the battlefield and you get money for the guns.

Profit. : )

Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:36 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next