View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:02 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 [WIP] Areku's weapon pack 

Post [WIP] Areku's weapon pack
A few weeks ago I released a mod, the shockwave cannon. It wasn't very popular, maybe because it was a little overpowered, or, most likely, because it was a big, fat, horribly sprited piece of junk.
After a few days trying to make better weapons, I gave up. I simply couldn't make good sprites. And so I discovered the Sprite Dump. The result: this pack. It is still unfinished, has only six weapons ( out of a total of 42 that I plan to make), but they all work fine.

And here comes the weapons list:
(scroll down for pictures)

Laser Pistol:
Born out of lazyness, this is simply a pistol with a little more firepower, a little less ammo and different sound effects.

Vacuum gun:
Makes stuff fly towards you, and sometimes sucks people's heads off. Pretty powerful, but be careful not to use it too much, as it could cause stuff to fly at high speeds into your face, with... unpleasant effects.

Shuriken:
A martial arts film classic. These star-shaped steel blades are specially designed to cut through human flesh, so clones take increased dammage, but skeletons take a lot less and dummies are nearly immune to it's shots.

Digger turbine:
You want to get to the enemy's brain, but he has surrounded it with walls? Not a problem anymore! Just put your back up against the wall you want to get through, point the turbine to the direction opposite of the one you want to go, and hold the fire button. You'll get through the wall, taking no damage, and plus, leaving no signs of your passage. (WARNING: DON'T EVER, EVER, EVER use this with skeletons, unless you like to have your arms twisted off.)

Rupture Gun:
Blowing up quite powerfully, this can kill almost any unit in the game... If tou manage to hit them. This is the weapon with the WORST AIM EVER. You never know where the shot will go, and sometimes it even blows up right in your face. Use with caution.

Mooncrasher:
I guess the name says everything. It's a gun that leaves a weird beacon that... Well, causes the planet's moon to crash right where you shot, with devastating effects. After two shots, the planet will have no moons left, and this gun will only be able to make asteroids crash. No, reloading will not make more moon-shots appear. Buying a new crasher is the only way to be able to shoot moons again.
WARNING --- Depending on what you shoot at, this weapon may cause heavy lag.

More guns to come briefly...
Hope you enjoy! :P

Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:27 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: [WIP] Areku's weapon pack
7/10 me thinks

Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:43 am

Sounds... interesting. Mooncrasher looks like (goofy) fun. Dl'ed.

EDIT:
Shuriken: Needs to not have recoil. Also offsets and sounds make it look like they're vomiting ninja stars.
Lazer Pistol: Horrid sound choice. I like the sprite though. Not very fun.
Moon Crasher: The mask thing that it shoots isn't sprited right so it bounces about oddly. The moon needs higher mass and to not crash my game.
Vacuum Gun: Kinda neat, it was fun pulling the facial features off of Soccer Klones. Best gun in the pack.
Rupture gun: I was expecting it to be like a drunken-rocket launcher. I was disappointed.

Also, they all the instancenames should be Uppercased Like This.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:44 am

Needs more screenshots for each weapon. Also, how the hell did you code that moon-to-asteroid feature?

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:22 am

The meteor thing is awesome, I like this mod. :grin:

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:24 am
Profile WWW

That thing's size is no where close to a moon. But dang, that was AWESOME!!!!

Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:49 am

Reminds me of the planet craft that shogoll made in one of the early builds, like build 8 or something

Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:16 pm

I think the Planet ship was from either B11 or B13, definitely not B8. Anyways, I wanna see a screenshot of the Rupture Gun, because if that satisfies me, then I'll probably download this.

Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:59 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]