View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:05 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Attention Modders 

Post Re: Attention Modders
Found bug . Very mad bug . Im gonna kill it by my step on it . "Auch!" its made from iron !

Well i was converting a scene from b21 to b22 . As you know in b21 there was MotherBrain . Now in b22 there is only BrainCase . So i've just changed MotherBrain on BrainCase . But that didnt helped . It writes error on line 70 . I look on line 70 there is MotherBrain , WTF i just changed it to BrainCase . I've changed MotherBrain to BrainCase , and again error on line 70 , and again there is MotherBrain .

WTF?!

Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:14 pm

Remember to save...

Also:
Code:
AddActor = Actor
   CopyOf = Brain Case
   PresetName = Mother Brain

Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:18 pm
Profile WWW

I do save . But thx i'll try that way .

EDIT: posting all project . And there is a second lag , cortex cant understand
Code:
AddScene = Scene

So thats why im posting the mod .

Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:20 pm

I don't know why that happens, but when I put everything in the same .ini it works.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:18 pm
Profile WWW

Azukki wrote:
Burst damage on wounds aren't working for something I tried to convert.
I guess I should try converting the whole thing to presetnames and see if that helps.

InstanceNames wasn't the problem.

I can't get custom wounds to have burst damage any more. The burst damage variable seems unchanged in vanilla content, so what's the deal?

-- Nevermind, my next post explains why.

Last edited by Azukki on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:35 pm

Burst damage works fine for my actor...

Also, there's another thread for bug reports, don't let Electroclan find you posting bugs here, he already told us all off.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:46 pm

also, azukki, would u be able to update the weapon templates(if nething needs a cahnge, that is :) )
it's fine if u cant tho

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:31 pm

The Mind wrote:
also, azukki, would u be able to update the weapon templates(if nething needs a cahnge, that is :) )
it's fine if u cant tho

Grenades need their new stuff, Coalition need that new legs spread idle stance, crafts need those new fire/smoke effects, the brain needs animation variable replacements, the shield template needs to be the new riot shield, and the mission's lua is probably broken.

The guns don't really need anything new. Maybe I should put AirResistance on the round particles to encourage modders to use it, hopefully giving CC mods in general more realistic external ballistics.

I could add a straight-firing rocket launcher template; those have some unique aspects.

Exalion wrote:
Also, there's another thread for bug reports, don't let Electroclan find you posting bugs here, he already told us all off.

I was wondering about a problem I had with conversion of a mod. That's seems plenty on-topic to me.* Anyways it was fixed when I copy/pasted the variable from the vanilla content onto the custom wound, even though I saw no change to the file when I did that. Strange, but resolved.

(Edit:) * However in hindsight, this post really isn't. Sorry about that.

Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:46 am

I just thought I'd put this out here for anyone who didn't already know; the "tractor beam" effect on a craft can be edited by changing the
Code:
      Radius = 30
      Range = 75
variables. Radius changes how wide the beam is and range changes.... well, its range.

The direction of it is just the same direction of the exit on the craft, so you can change it by changing the Exit offsets. The Velocity offset of an exit also determines how fast the object/actor gets sucked into the craft - so things fall into the craft just as fast as things fall out of the craft.

I made a small example showing this stuff; basically, click once to activate, fly it around, suck loads of things in, click twice more and it'll spit everything out at high speeds.

Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:37 pm

Roy-G-Biv wrote:
Did this happen to break any scenes?

Broke Sanguelac because of the door.

Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:04 pm

so are there like a BUNCH of new codes? Or is there little enough for someone to post them all
Thx to ne1 who takes the time :)
Because i kinda left the forum for a while, and now i think im lost........like is Lua really implemented yet? like into weps or characters?

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:06 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3