View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:03 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Concordance Extraction Corp. 

Post Re: Concordance Extraction Corp.
Actually the multiple-visor design (which is actually a slitted faceplate over a transparent helmet screen according to the animated movie) and some ribbing on the chest plate are there, though difficult to see. I pretty much decided not to bother with arms/legs and re-colored the helmet, faceplate and chest plate to match the arms and legs. I distinctly remember the Plasma cutter being that same yellow color with metallic accents and a red trigger. However, I wasn't able to find any good ref material for the Force Gun or for the Ripper, so I more or less went from memory and imagination there.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:34 am
Profile WWW

well, whatever you set out to do with your sprites, you've failed, looks nothing like the dead space guy, and the sprites suck anyway. Put more work into it.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:23 am

Azukki wrote:
Arcalane wrote:
team up with Azukki?
Not happening. I'm not the collaborating type of guy.

Eh, 'twas just an idle thought.

~~

The 'Cutter looks decent enough and recognizable as the original thing if you ask me. The main problems are with the actor. The head is way too big, and you really should bother to do the suit details and colour, it would be far better if you did. As it is, it's really, really obviously just a Coalition Heavy with a resprited head, which is going to shoot this mod in the foot in the long run. :/

Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:22 pm
Profile YIM

I'm still wondering why you made him white and green though.
The elite suit isn't exactly the one he most commonly is seen with.
I'm guessing you were trying to make it less obvious that you weren't bothering to make him his own limbs/torso sprites?

Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:38 pm

Azukki wrote:
I'm still wondering why you made him white and green though.
The elite suit isn't exactly the one he most commonly is seen with.

It looks the coolest though. imo.
But still, this mod looks horrible. I really liked the intro text you wrote though. : p

Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:34 pm

Well, I guess it's about time I learned some better actor spriting anyway. Any tips?

Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:20 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
Pixel shading.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:24 pm

sushi jones wrote:
I would like to see some of the aforementioned corndogs, good sir. Weaponized junkfood would be a welcome addition to my arsenal.

You made a sockpuppet nearly three months ago and found this the thread to say something in?

Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:39 pm

no dl because you need to give a straight up explanation of what your mod does. cut to the chase as some people call it. ditch the paragraph and just say what it does and the firing rate and some stuff please. otherwise, sprites are fine and you posted screen shots which is good.

Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:01 am
Profile WWW

So I spent a bit more time on the actor as you guys suggested and I think he looks a lot better now, though I'm not too certain about the faceplate yet. Comments? More yelling to redo it and that I suck? I'd like to hear 'em all.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:51 am
Profile WWW

That's better! I like how you added the health lines too... be nice if they could darken as the actor lost HP. Might have to wait for lua?

The visor lines look too thick to me, and should be a bit further up to cover the wearer's eyes/nose, but I've only gotten as far as the third RIG suit, so if it's the fourth, fifth or sixth then I can't give much input.

Ed: Here's a 'reference' for the 'Cutter;

It's not easy to get ingame shots due to the camera DS uses (second person/over-the-shoulder) unfortunately.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:06 pm
Profile YIM

honestly, i think the new RIG suit is cool, but it does have space for improvement, i cant say much since i wouldnt do much myself.. about the cutter.. the orange or yellow parts that rotate from horizontal and vertical should be a little more "square" it looks a bit too round..

Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:06 pm

Arcalane wrote:
That's better! I like how you added the health lines too... be nice if they could darken as the actor lost HP. Might have to wait for lua?

The visor lines look too thick to me, and should be a bit further up to cover the wearer's eyes/nose, but I've only gotten as far as the third RIG suit, so if it's the fourth, fifth or sixth then I can't give much input.

Ed: Here's a 'reference' for the 'Cutter;

It's not easy to get ingame shots due to the camera DS uses (second person/over-the-shoulder) unfortunately.

That's the picture I was using as reference for the plasma cutter. There's one like that for the Line Gun too. If only there was similar styled concept art for all the weapons, my life would be that much easier.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:23 am
Profile WWW

try adding those 3 blue lines that appear when you aim on the cutter :grin: they are awesome :D

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:43 am

I can add those, but I kinda hesitate because I know of no way to get rid of them when the weapon is dropped, and that would look a bit odd.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:49 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next