View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:33 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Factions of World War II 

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Post Re: Factions of World War II
Sad. Nice avatar though.

Sat May 02, 2009 9:17 pm

YES! This beats out all other mods, imo. Could use some polishing, but I love fighting zombies with a K98 and M42 helmet.

Sun May 03, 2009 7:37 am

I dont like this one very much... the sprites dont fit in CC, and its basically the same thing over and over again.

Sun May 03, 2009 7:40 am

It's supposedly accurately most of the weapons of WWII of which there are many and of which there are little difference between.

Sun May 03, 2009 8:21 am
Profile WWW

Needs Finland, even if they didnt have that many weapons. Suomi 9mm submachinegun plus underslinged flamethrower would be nice to see in this game.

Sun May 03, 2009 2:36 pm

Deathfang wrote:
This is a really good mod, but it's not as realistic as it could be. On a few guns I used, the bullets would just disappear in mid flight like a shotgun. Also, I think the bolt actions should have a bolt-working sound in the gun shot sound, then just match up the fire time interval to make it sound right. The mosin nagant needs to have a lot of piercing power, I've shot one before, and it goes straight through an engine block. The thing fires a 7.62x54 round, that thing will blow your leg off in real life, my friend has seen someone take their own leg off by accident at a gun range with one. I feel that most of the firing rates are close to correct, but the thompson shoots too slow. If you need help on looking up statistics of guns, go to http://www.world.guns.ru or look up the gun on Wikipedia. Wikipedia isn't always right on the money, but most of the time it is, or atleast close enough.

Nobody listen to this dude. A 7.62 round is going to leave a .3 inch hole where it hits, not dismember someone.

To Zess : Just use the base weapons for comparison. I would agree that the sharpness is a bit high, but nothing serious. I thoroughly enjoy this mod.

Also, a Suomi SMG = PPsH 41, which is in the game. It just looks a little different.

Sun May 03, 2009 9:01 pm

Some Molotovs and a Bouncing Betty would be cool.

Wed May 06, 2009 9:02 pm

This is just a cheap chop up of the last World War II mod we had, and it's just as terrible. The code is the same, the sprites are the same, and he didn't fix the rifles.

Wed May 06, 2009 9:12 pm

Are you sure? It's entirely possible this is the old WWII mod, just bumped ridiculously...

Thu May 07, 2009 10:20 am
Profile WWW

I'm going to start working on this mod again. First off all, I've noticed that a lot of the fire rates are very high, and I'm going to change that first. Secondly, I'm going to add bolting sounds to each bolt-action rifle, and fix muzzle flashes. Since Lua is in for guns now, I'm also going to script in the clip being ejected from the M1 Garand (may need a little help for this).

And as a little bonus... I may be looking at spriting/coding a Spitfire into the mod.

411570N3 wrote:
Are you sure? It's entirely possible this is the old WWII mod, just bumped ridiculously...

And no, this isn't the old WWII mod.

Tue May 26, 2009 3:40 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Quote:
Since Lua is in for guns now, I'm also going to script in the clip being ejected from the M1 Garand (may need a little help for this).

No you're not, because when a gun is held you can't do any Lua to it.

Tue May 26, 2009 3:45 am

Grif wrote:
Quote:
Since Lua is in for guns now, I'm also going to script in the clip being ejected from the M1 Garand (may need a little help for this).

No you're not, because when a gun is held you can't do any Lua to it.

Rage. I'll figure out a way. Maybe I could make the magazine a particle that immediately gibs into the actual magazine sprite, which has an upwards thrust for a very short duration (enough to launch into the air a little bit). And the 'ping' sound could come from the reload sound. Either way I'll try to figure a way.

Also, I'm trying to find a sound of the bolt on a rifle being worked, so I can add that to the end of the firing sounds for bolt action rifles.

Tue May 26, 2009 5:29 am

i cant figure out how to make this mod work any help would be appreciated also pm me cause i probably wont see it if you just post on the topic.....

Tue May 26, 2009 6:23 am

Zess wrote:
I'm going to start working on this mod again. First off all, I've noticed that a lot of the fire rates are very high, and I'm going to change that first. Secondly, I'm going to add bolting sounds to each bolt-action rifle, and fix muzzle flashes. Since Lua is in for guns now, I'm also going to script in the clip being ejected from the M1 Garand (may need a little help for this).

And as a little bonus... I may be looking at spriting/coding a Spitfire into the mod.

If you are, I've done some work on the mod recently, made some new actor sprites and such, started on some tanks based on that Mammoth tank mod. I also scaled down all the weapons so they're slightly smaller. These should give you an idea of the visual changes:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

All I got for now, haven't worked on it for a little while.
http://www.speedyshare.com/342452675.html

Tue May 26, 2009 7:35 am

RR_Raptor65 wrote:
http://www.speedyshare.com/342452675.html

When I unpack your mod in my CC folder and start the game, everything looks fine. But as soon as I select Bodies from the buy menue at a mission, the game freezes. What did I do wrong?

Tue May 26, 2009 9:15 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next