View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:27 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Church Faction 

Post Re: Church Faction
I'm glad to see so many suggestions!

Have to say that i really interpreted them as robots. I found their "motivation" not to be an incoherence issue because actors (especially robots), in my view, are mere puppets of commanders giving orders from safe distant places, while the war rages on.

But actually, considering the masks, you're right. I'm ashamed of mistaking gas masks (which would be, of course, nonsense to robots) with robot faces :-P

I had made new nice legs for them, but now i think i'll remake both actors as humans, using the coalition code as base (making it a lot less tough) and trying not to get away from the vanilla, as i'm really not fond of non-fitting sprites. I mean REALLY. I guess i can use the head sprites i've made and make new legs, arms and torso using ronin or coalition graphics as template.

I almost finished one of the robopope's weapons too, still fighting with some coding issues, like positioning the magazine (yes, a horse scripts better than me).

As for interpreting the faction, since the beginning i was keeping an eye on the fact pointed here that these are outdated soldiers in the game "present". Thinking of them as robots, i had decided to make them very vulnerable pretty much like the other robots (which i see too as outdated, considering their price and overall crappiness). I was even thinking in make them mercenaries: machines that became obsolete with the end of the wars and now, with the new demand for soldiers in mining colonies, were turn into a new form of profit for the church (selling them to mining companies). Ironically, this would make them less of a faction. Well, it's just an idea, and pretty irrelevant since the development of this mod is at early stages.

Last edited by cagliostro on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:15 pm

Glad to know about all this progress! :D Keep doing what you do, man!

Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:20 pm

I loved this mod, but I couldn't help but notice that they seemed a bit weak. Also, the inquisitor could be a 'brain' unit, so if he dies, you lose the mission.
They work really well with short shotguns and riot shields too.

Can't wait for the new update. I was a little ashamed when they turned out to be robots, but I'm glad that you are fixing the problem.

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:11 pm

You should make a "Grand Inquisitor".

1. Pope
2. Grand Inquisitor
3. Inquisitor
4. Pious Servants (HOS)

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:23 pm

As i said, i was unwilling to make them super-soldiers because of their outdatness. I don't see much fun in having very strong actors too, i like the challenge of having to deal with crappy soldiers.

Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:45 pm

Well, no one said they had to be super soldiers, but they certainly should be more skilled than ronin soldiers.
I think a commander type would be a cool edition, something I enjoyed in the kloveska mod a lot.

Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:17 pm

I like the fact that my brain is something to be dealt with while playing the Kloveskans =3

Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:09 am

Aspect wrote:
Originally I believe that they had put skeletors in the rag tag faction, but that seems to have become the ronin, so I'd say skelies are outa cortex campaign now :'(
Grif wrote:
Shocking, that.

Also, the skeletons are going to be summoned by a member of a faction who is in fact a necromancer.

Who lives on the moon.

Yeah, missions on the moon versus hordes of skeletons.

At least that's the latest word from Prom.

This was in August, though.

Anyways, church faction. Tremendously unoriginal name.
Pretty good spriting. Quite average function.
Nothing too new or interesting.
Maybe add in the Inquisitor's dual shotguns/grenade launchers?

Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:24 am

I really wished to do some more relevant changes in coding, but as you can probably notice by now, i'm more of a spriter that really sucks at modding (any kind of programming by the way). I'm reading a lot of topics in the mod making session and trying to learn cool new things but for now, for the sake of compability (i mean actually being able to run the game, as i get many crashes that turn to be very elementar mistakes of mine), i'm sticking to simpler stuff.

As for the name, it is really a placeholder. Suggestions are highly accepted.

Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:23 am

I really like the look of this new version: beautiful sprites. Got my DL!

Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:40 am

The new stuff looks good, Ill test it later =3

Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:42 am

cagliostro wrote:
As for the name, it is really a placeholder. Suggestions are highly accepted.

Followers of [the]
Grandiose Organized Delusion

But seriously, as NeoSeeker said, Illuminati would work well. It fits in two ways.

--The "humanity's darkest century" thing fits, in the NWO conspiracy theory, "Illuminati" are behind the progress of the "New World Order", and the extreme power of the first world government is surely corruptible, and powerful enough to last as such for a century.
--The designs of this faction suggest religious causes, and (supposed) enlightenment (Illuminati means the enlightened ones) ties right into the religious theme.

Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:15 am

after testing: your HOS is WAY to strong for something that costs 35oz.
And your inquisitor is fairly fragile for what's meant to be a heavy soldier.

Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:04 am

they don't have to be part of the juedochristian religion, in fact they could have a living god-being that they worship , which could have bio or supernatural powers to help them out, like an area psychic strike called "the fist of Horth" or such.

Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:00 pm

Geti wrote:
his english is better than some native speakers. *glares at the obvious*

I hope your not glaring obviously at me you never know when I might just go KKKKrazy.JK JK. But seriously I hop your not cause that really hurts man :oops:

[SERIOUS POST]
I really like shooting at these guys it's something new, nice size, red, funny hats, funny looking, religious. What more could I want, well I'll tell ya them jet fighter dropping bombs int the picture look FREAKIN SWEET "you know dropping bombs on them innocent women and children make nice boom" Very fun

Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:05 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next