View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Bear Federation (Old release with credits) 

Post Re: Bear Federation Final Release (31/12/08)
Darlos9D wrote:
Some people have suggested making the tanks heavier. This is a perfectly reasonable request considering what happens to them when they get hit by things, but I've tried making them heavier myself. If you make them heavy enough to not get blown away, they dig and sink into the ground. It doesn't really work out well.

The dreadnoughts are super-heavy and don't really do this though. You may wish to work on the way you handle the invisible limbs a bit to more closely match the dreadnought.

I treid too making it heavyer myself and it sunk like a rock in water to the dirt...
The pushforce of the legs might be too high or the legs (and maybe other stuff) may have too high sharpness or something..

Ivan21, FIX THIS ASAP!!!!!

Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:30 pm

Duh102 wrote:
DMWolfe wrote:
this is just a pack of resprites sans the heavy armor

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Good art is half of a mod. Good coding is the other half, and a story is extra credit.
The art is good, the coding on the objects is fine, and there is somewhat of a backstory. Certainly nothing less than an A.

I can make many storys about this faction, but with my english :oops:

Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:20 pm

WOW!
I like this mod. This tank is so cool :D and the units aren´t overpowered!

Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:32 pm

teh somebody wrote:
I treid too making it heavyer myself and it sunk like a rock in water to the dirt...
The pushforce of the legs might be too high or the legs (and maybe other stuff) may have too high sharpness or something..

Ivan21, FIX THIS ASAP!!!!!

Play with the Atomgroups, that fixes it. Replace the actor's actors.ini with the attached file, it still sinks but not as much. (Like I said play around with the atomgroups)

Attachments:
File comment: Actors.ini
actors.zip [2.14 KiB]
Downloaded 332 times
Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:57 pm
Profile WWW

DMWolfe wrote:
sorry to everybody, but this is just a pack of resprites sans the heavy armor

sprites are OK though

Hey guys, this might be Daman in disguise. Either that or he's just another massive troll. Either way, dismiss him.

Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:40 pm
Profile YIM
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Well, it's not Daman.

That I can tell you.

It's also not someone unknown.

Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:46 pm

This mod is just tops, and my only complaint may be the fact that the pin strength of the dropship's engines is a bit low.
This is the first tank that I can remember seeing being executed well, and you can barely tell it's a crab at all. Simply great work, Ivan. I also love the units talking when hurt or attacking, it really adds flavor.

Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:26 pm

Without a doubt the small arms are way too accurate, so I changed that, which was no problem. The bears are beastly; I love using them with Gauss Rifles or your so-called "anti-ork" gun. The tank is magnificent, it moves across terrain very well, but it would be nice if it was a bit bigger, even now it's too small to even qualify as a tankette (almost fits the bill though). The walkers are cool too, and I usually lose mine pretty fast, so I don't see how you guys think they're tough as you say. The dropship appears to be like a helicopter just with dropship engines instead of rotors, which is cool, because it's a nice sprite. I give this mod 9/10 and will probably keep it for a good long time.

Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:06 am

Mod is still not functioning for me. Freshly downloaded--again--and it bugs out about a bunch of mismatched properties.

Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:14 am

it would be great if there could be more sub-gibs for the larger gibs, and less random categories, but this is a really nice mod. nicer with more sub-gibs though ;) shame its final.
<3 for the tank, it could be bigger but its fine as is.

Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:57 am
Profile WWW

At the behest of Ivan, I bring you...

BEAR FEDERATION "YOU THOUGHT THAT WAS A FINAL RELEASE BUT IT WAS NOT!" EDITION

Right, so I've gotten Ivan's blessing to move forward with some refinement of this mod and perhaps some content addition. Though, honestly, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is, then hit it with a wrench periodically, just to teach it a lesson."

Attached you'll find my first release. I've done some overzealous balancing, honestly. I'm going to re-buff the armors somewhat (since the guns no longer block bullets, which I thought took away from the mod's polish.) But the Annyusha rockets now act like real mortars, so get on with your long-range MRLS action!

I've also added a hero unit, in progress, atm. Armscheif Shrikov Leads the 33rd Stellagrad Motor Infantry Division through iron tactics and even stronger willpower. He's also armed to the teeth (with a multi-mode weapon, even.) Be careful, though! He's a brain unit!

Here's the full list:
    ST2 now has a fitting effect for the awesome exhaust pipe.
    ST1 now has a head in buy mode.
    New heads for the ST2 and hero unit.
    New hero unit (WIP.)

Attachments:
File comment: Current BF Reboot version.
BF.rte.rar [4.28 MiB]
Downloaded 380 times
Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:37 am
Profile WWW

Having trouble loading this mod into build 22, Mac OS X version. :(
Seems to be getting stuck on loading one file, the rpg.ini which seems to be a standard file, one of the coalition weapons. Please help for a nooby noob, just bought the game today ( most damn fun game i've played in a long time, but needs more bears :P )

Attachment:
[The extension png has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:06 am

I don't like the flames coming out of the exhaust pipe. It is too eye-catching imo. I only want the smoke.

Also, the Hero's power suit doesn't look too good. A medal (or something) placed in front of the power armor is just awkward, and the flag PLUS the flame is darned eye-catching. I like his weapons though. I'd rather you ditch the flag and the medal, and change appearance of the armor to distinguish him from the other suits.

All and all, thanks Aaron Lee.

Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:15 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

grindFish wrote:
Having trouble loading this mod into build 22, Mac OS X version. :(
Seems to be getting stuck on loading one file, the rpg.ini which seems to be a standard file, one of the coalition weapons. Please help for a nooby noob, just bought the game today ( most damn fun game i've played in a long time, but needs more bears :P )

Attachment:
abortscreen.png

There's your problem, don't rearrange the contents of the rte folders!

Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:16 am

I didnt think i did :(

Lemme take a closer look there, check my fail rating....

Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:19 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next