View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Scavenger Faction VERSION 2.0 (UPDATE 24/12) 

Post Scavenger Faction VERSION 2.0 (UPDATE 24/12)
I HEREBY DECLARE THAT, FROM THIS DAY ON, THE DUMMYZ FACTION WILL BE RENAMED AS THE SCAVENGER UNION.
So said the modder.

Everybody knows the Dummy Faction. They were in the game since build 19. And they are quite famous, actually.
But they were the new dummies, the ones in perfect conditions. One might ask: what happened to the dummies that had already been crushed, shot at, burnt, launched into orbit and thrown into junkyards?

They awoke.

They fixed themselves.

They revolted.

And so the Scavenger Union was created. An entire army made of spare parts and scavenged material, with a sole purpose: Conquer the planet and make it a true home for all dummies from the entire galaxy. A true Dummy Planet! And they will crush anyone that comes in their way. Anyone.

The Scavengers are a standalone faction designed to work on Build 22. So far, they've got 8 different units, being two normal soldiers, one flying soldier, one spiderlike robot, one bomb with legs, one giant robot and two command units. Plus, they come with seven weapons, being one for the giant robot and 6 "unique" weapons that can't be bought, are only obtained by buying the unit they are linked to.
The command units are more expensive than normal ones, but are more resistent and have unique sets of weapons included.
And so, here goes the list:

--Actors--

Dummyz Soldier:

This is the basic soldier of the Scavengers. Has a better jetpack and a helmet. It is also the first actor I ever made, so it is just a prototype, meaning it is quite unfinished, but I really like this guy, so I included him in the pack anyway.

Arach:

This small spiderlike robot can jump really high, and easily shreds through actors with its short-range laser field. Almost immune to impact damage, but bullets make short work of it.

Dummyz Pilot:

The man (robot, whatever) behind the controls of the Scavengers' war machines. Comes with a normal shotgun.

Hovership:

This mobile weapons platform can fly through the map with ease and shoot whatever guns you give it, but cannot stand heavy gunfire. (Gibbing is now done.)

Kamikaze:

This guy, he's just a bomb with legs and a rudimentary control system. To detonate, have someone shoot at him or hit the ground with some strenght. Watch out, as he costs 250oz and may cause some lag.

Smasher:

This is the heavyest unit present in the Scavenger Army. Heavily resistent to gunfire and impacts, his head is his only weak spot. (Pictured here using the Clone Gun.)

Isaac, Dummy Engineer:

Isaac is the head engineer of the Scavengers. His jetpack is weak, but his arm-mounted drill can take him really fast underground. Also comes with the Wrench Gun and the Drill Beacon.

Shar, Stealth Assassin:

Shar is among the best assassins ever. With his Ultra Sniper, he can take care of nearly any target with astounding precision and brutality. Also comes with the Wall Transverser system and Shuriken ninja stars.
( He is so strong that he can actually hold his sniper with only one hand, as seen in the picture.)

Dead Guy That Will Be Shot Very Soon:
This guy is dead. Poor him. He is also the ammo of the clone gun.

Ceiling Dummy:
A dummy designed to walk on the ceiling. It is still a prototype, and walks kinda weirdly, but works just fine. (more or less)

Necropuppet:
An dead clone reanimated by having thousands of nanomachines injected in his bloodstream. This guy is amazingly strong, and will fight even with no limbs. Cutting off his head is usually the best way to kill one of these, but it doesn't always work...

Areku:

This... is me.
With a gas mask and a a boiler tank on my back, I am slightly stronger than a normal clone. This actor was actually based on a picture of me with a gas mask, soldier helmet, safety clothing, iron-tipped boots, steam cannon and a boiler tank that I took last year. ( comparison picture on the end of the thread). My weapons are the steam cannon and the homemade korean juice grenades.

Dummy Core:

Dummy controllers eventually became obsolete, and this was created. This supercomputer is heavily armored and can widhstand heavy fire, but the blue connector on top of it is a very weak spot. Made by Grenade, the best dummy brain maker ever.

--Weapons--

Clone gun:
An old clone tube found in a junkyard, this weapon can't create controllable bodies, but hey, meat projectiles are SO cool! Though this weapon was designed to be used by the Smasher, anyone can operate it. That is, as long as they don't mind exploding from the recoil.

Arm Drill:
This portable drill cuts through terrain as if it was made of water, but is harmless against actors. Comes with Isaac.

Drill Beacon:
This bomb spawns a human-sized drill that digs a vertical (more or less) hole towards the center of the earth, but deals no damage to actors. As a plus, it also gives you money if it goes through gold deposits.

Wrench gun:
This modified shotgun shoots antigravitational wrenches of doom. As incredible as it might seem. Comes with Isaac.

Sniper Ultima:
This is the ultimate sniper. It uses a antigravitational nanofield generator to assure that the projectiles fly in a straight line, no matter what. Although, it has only two shots per mag and the reload is horribly long.
Shoot it at a Smasher for extra supersonic fun! Comes with Shar.

Wall transverser:
This nifty little piece of equipment can get you through any wall if used correctly. Just make sure you are touching the wall you want to get through, point the gun at the direction you want to go and press the fire button: you will go through terrain without taking damage (hopefully) and leaving no signs of your passage!
WARNING: Dont use it away from walls, or you might be sent flying at unbelievably high speeds. Comes with Shar.

Shuriken:
These steel star-shaped blades are specially designed to damage organical enemies, such as clones, but have a short range. Comes with Shar.

Very Heavy Piece Of Nothing:
This is just a pistol, but it weights a ton. Literally.
I have no idea of how it came into existence, or why it is in this mod, but I'm too lazy to take it out.

Plasma Goo Gun:
This cannon shoots a very concentrated ball of plasma that shreds through people and covers the area with a sticky goo. What this weapon has in firepower, although, it hasn't in safety. It is not just unpredictable, it's got a mind of its own. Sometimes it will work. Others, it will explode in a plasma singularity. Sometimes, the shots will go through people causing no damage, sometimes it will blow their guts sky-high. Sometimes, it will simply decide that it doesn't like you and fly off your hands.

AG Guns:
These are simply antigravitational versions of some Vanilla weapons, made to be used with the ceiling dummy.

Steam cannon:
A simple cannon, based on a gun I made last year.

Korean grenades:
Bombs based on... bombs I like to make. Lots of noise and light, but little real damage.

And that's it :grin:
This is the first faction I made, so please don't flame me too much. Criticism is welcome, and if I receive positive feedback I might expand this pack. If not I'll expand it anyway, 'cause i'm lovin' to make it! :???:

CREDITS:
Data, for creating CC;
Me, for the coding in this mod;
Oobagoo, for the original arach idea;
Grenade, the best Big Dummy Brain maker ever, for making the Big Dummy Brain;
The whole forum cummunity, for comments and criticism;
Other people to come.

EDIT: Kamikaze bug fixed!

EDIT: This is now version 1.5. No new units or weapons, but many tweaks and fixes were made, listed below:
- Power of the Sniper Ultima was reduced a lot, but now has 2 shots per mag;
- Fixed bug that made Shar drop his weapons when exiting dropships;
- The digger beacon now doesn't fly around like crazy and won't damage actors, its description has been updated;
- Overall actor and weapon resistance increased, now they can stand more gunfire;
- Price of command units ( Isaac, Shar) increased to 200oz, now they count as brain units;
- Kamikaze is easier to explode, and added a timed version that blows up after 30 seconds;
- A few other minor tweaks.

That's it for this version, more stuff coming on V2.0 :)

EDIT: At last, version 1.75 is ready. Again, no new stuff, but lots of other tweaks:
-Sniper's power changed again. It deals medium damage to armored units, high damage to unarmored ones and eventually blows a dummy's head sky high;
-Kamikaze is now a tad more resistant, so that he doesn't explode when exiting dropships;
-Added big rocket burst to the soldier's big jetpack;
-Digger beacon removed and replaced by the Drill Beacon: much more stable and less destructive;
-Other stuff that I can't remember now.

Ok, this is it. And now, for version 2...
(starts coding like a madman again)

EDIT: VERSION 2.0 IS HERE!!!! YEAAAH!!
And here are the modifications made:
- Changed name to "Scavenger Union"
-A few tweaks suggested by Numgun;
-Added 3 new actors;
-Added 1 new brain;
-Added 2 new weapons (5 if you count the antigrav ones);
-Added a new bomb.
I know, it is not much, but I had a very busy time, and had to build a telephone, and weird stuff happened, and so on...
The next version will be bigger, I promise! :P

Attachments:
[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]
File comment: VERSION 2.0!!!!!!!!!!
Dummyz.rte.rar [1.7 MiB]
Downloaded 1710 times

Last edited by Areku on Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:34 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Dummyz Faction
Hmmmh... the actors look nice, but the dummy soldier with a huge dreadnaught shell attached to its back doesnt look that cool, the Shar is awesome, but his sniper is something i dont like, but i love the wrench gun and clone tube, the hovership also looks wicked awesome, and is killer fun. Other than that, improve the sprites, the dreadnaught shell everywhere is not my favourite, but i can still play with these dummyz, and am having lots of fun. nice job!

Last edited by Marloss on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:52 pm

For some reason, CC freezes when I pass the cursor over the kamikaze in the buy menu. 100% of the time. I'll give the rest a try soon. Looks cool enough.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:56 pm

OMG this looks awesome! And the wall thansverser? Revolutionary!!!!

Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:40 pm

Good looking mod (Your sprites could use some work) but we'll see how it develops, good so far and hopefully continues like so =3

Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:50 pm

The wall tool sounds new and awesome. The big robot seems like art! My only problem is that you made the sniper rifle freakin' huge! I hate over sized snipers

I'll download this when I get home. :)

Last edited by pieman280 on Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:56 pm

1. I hate you you used Base.rte sprites. (I don't care if Dummy Faction has it's own folder out of Base.rte, everything that comes with CC will be known as Base.rte material to me)

2. The sprites that you made suck. I.E: The glasses on the pilot, the face on the smasher.

3. The Soldier's jetpack is HUGE. If the Coalition's jetpacks are that small and can lift a heavy soldier, that thing could lift a dropship.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:56 pm

Zinc wrote:
1. I hate you you used Base.rte sprites. (I don't care if Dummy Faction has it's own folder out of Base.rte, everything that comes with CC will be known as Base.rte material to me)

Yeah, but the way he formed them together made it look awesome! Also, did you read the description? They collect junk.

3. The Soldier's jetpack is HUGE. If the Coalition's jetpacks are that small and can lift a heavy soldier, that thing could lift a dropship.

Once again, it is supposed to be junk. yes it's huge but it is junk converted to a rocket. They did what they could.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:01 pm

pieman280 wrote:
Zinc wrote:

Yeah, but the way he formed them together made it look awesome! Also, did you read the description? They collect junk.

Once again, it is supposed to be junk. yes it's huge but it is junk converted to a rocket. They did what they could.

My thoughts exactly.
Mod looks great, definately looking forward to expansion.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:21 pm

I was waiting for this thing since I saw it in your avatar/sig. It's as awesome as I thought, from the pics. DLing and Testing now. Probably some C&C to come.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:28 pm

Did you have to call it "Dummyz"?

Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:39 pm

It's awesome, great when you just want to have a little fun.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:43 pm

I wish you'd have used your own sprites. Cheesing some base sprites into your 'own' mod is something I look down upon a little, however, I do appreciate the work put in. Just subsitute your own spriting and I'll like it more.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:52 pm

The sprites are ♥♥♥♥ terrible. They're frankensteined badly, and everything you made looks like you used nothing but the ♥♥♥♥ paint bucket tool. It's disgusting.

Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:08 am

Let's see...
Like the man who isn't very witty said, the sprites shouldn't all be from base. I personally think that you should make them have a more junkyard-like feel to them. They're just too polished to get the feel down. You did do an OK job of mixing them together though. Reminded me of the Portal ships in gmod...
They also need to be slightly more durable. Yes, they're from a junkyard, but it kinda gets annoying when you leave a guy land and every single time, unless you baby sit the landing, the guy dies. Not to mention that the black dummy keeps dropping his weapon on landing. The sniper rifle is way way WAY too overpowered. The stars need to be a bit more sharp. Personally, I'd think that stuff coming from a junkyard would be sharper than normal stuff, but in the case of the sniper rifle, it shouldn't literally explode the guy and some of the terrain. The digger beacon sorta annoyed me. The thing disappears and all these freaky things that look like they flew out of a lava lamp started flying around and killing everything. That's more in the class of a superweapon, not a digger. Another problem I saw was that the weapons bust a little too easily. I can't even pick them up unless I just slightly move. The clone launcher was a great touch and I enjoyed sealing in the tutorial enemy bunker with gibs. The flying thing seems to serve no purpose whatsoever. The kamikaze needs a little work. He's too strong. He's got a lit fuse on his back, yet I can ram him into a concrete wall and not detonate him.

Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:13 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next