View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 The Flascoid Particle Emitter 

Post The Flascoid Particle Emitter
This is the Flascoid Particle Emitter

it doesn't shoot poison gas...

It doesn't shoot radiation...

It doesn't shoot lasers...

it doesn't shoot bullets...
Attachment:
ScreenDump002.PNG

It shoots pieces of a super dense alternate reality with no gravity, made entirely of green glow, which exists only inside Trent Reznor's brain. This weapon was strangely created in my misguided attempt at giving a pirate a crossbow, only the pirate was a space age zombie, and the crossbow got turned into this thing. Great fun~

Attachment:
Flascoid.rte.rar

Now Technical stuff.
My computer, loading the CC Tutorial map and sitting there gets timescale 0.81, and I still think its a playable weapon so y'all shouldn't have TO much trouble but it is lagy. when you start firing with lag it sounds awesome. if you hit CTRL + O to turn off the realtosim cap thing, it becomes comical.

Sounds copyleft to trent reznor and the null corporation, all wrongs preserved.

Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: The Flascoid Particle Emitter
The weapon itself is really cool. I like having clouds of what-are-they-made-of floating around killing stuff. On the other hand, the sprite is just a bunch of heavy diggers and a croncrete gun tapped together.

Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:44 pm

Brainwashed wrote:
The weapon itself is really cool. I like having clouds of what-are-they-made-of floating around killing stuff. On the other hand, the sprite is just a bunch of heavy diggers and a croncrete gun tapped together.

all my sprites have been duct-taped together other sprites. The point here isn't to go 'oh my god look at my godly sprites' the point is 'oh my god look at the fun i can have with this stuff this is wacky'

Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:53 am
Profile YIM WWW

Well, I can understand that. This sure is a lot of fun to use! Still, it could use a better sprite. Maybe ask a spriter or something?

Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:41 am

Brainwashed, I think you've been brainwashed into thinking looks are important in a once-was-free 2d game where the main focus is that it has physics and stuff that goes boom.

is it fun: yes, are the visual effects nice and bright and shinny with boom? yes.

nothing else matters, I don't care about the sprite, and neither should you.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:03 am
Profile YIM WWW

Ok then. Sorry to have upset you. I appreciate the unique and funtastic nature of this mod, and nothing else about it matters to me. Nice glow btw.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:18 am

a pirate with a crossbow? what? whatever, this is alot better then a pirate with a crossbow. interesting mod. i like i alot. gun sprite could be better but whatevs. its a lot of fun.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:10 am
Profile WWW

y'all did notice it has 2 grenades, right? one of them you throw a plain looking pixel which explodes with the 'flascoid particles' another you throw a ball of them faster than you can say Hadouken, and is aptly named kamehameha.

also, i'll make a new grenade for this pack if you can name the movie I refferenced in the mod icon

Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:07 am
Profile YIM WWW

Hmm. I'll have to try those.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:27 pm

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
Brainwashed, I think you've been brainwashed into thinking looks are important in a once-was-free 2d game where the main focus is that it has physics and stuff that goes boom.

is it fun: yes, are the visual effects nice and bright and shinny with boom? yes.

*sigh* oh miles. I'm not trying to start an argument here, but could you atleast be considerate?
He was trying to help you make this mod better.You only have to say that you don't want to keep working on it if you don't want comments like those. I'm sorry, but if it was't for your extreame history of long arguments over just about anything, you would already have several pages of argument over "OMG fix teh sprite NAOW!" And here you are, with only someone trying to help, and you get very upset.

Anyway, I think I agree about what you said about the effects, but the sprite is part of that, so it's important too.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:34 pm

bbbzzz234 wrote:
Miles_T3hR4t wrote:

*sigh* oh miles. I'm not trying to start an argument here, but could you atleast be considerate?
He was trying to help you make this mod better.You only have to say that you don't want to keep working on it if you don't want comments like those. I'm sorry, but if it was't for your extreame history of long arguments over just about anything, you would already have several pages of argument over "OMG fix teh sprite NAOW!" And here you are, with only someone trying to help, and you get very upset.

Anyway, I think I agree about what you said about the effects, but the sprite is part of that, so it's important too.

you don't get it, I don't CARE about the sprite, so his help is useless. thats all i'm saying. I'm not going to change it. I'm not starting an argument, i'm just saying, i'm not doing what you want, dont bother saying it again and again. its just irritating.

Now, instead of talking about things that have been said, comment on the mod itself. except the sprite because i don't give a rat's ass about the sprite. if its so important to you, re-sprite it yourself and post the new sprite and let people decide.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW

That sure is an interesting crossbow you've got there.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:14 pm

you know if you really want I can also upload the actuall crossbow.

It has no sprite, its sprited as the flack cannon at the moment, and what it shoots is mass=320 arrows made of test. I was using it to figure out A) how to make an object face where its moving and B) make it recoilless

although yes, it does look like an arrow.
base.rte/ammo.ini Lines 605?-644?

Code:
AddAmmo = Round
   PresetName = Test Rod Round
   ParticleCount = 1
   Particle = MOSRotating
      PresetName = Test Rod

I made it out of that I coppied the sprite and made it look like an arrow, actually here's the code

Code:
AddEffect = MOSRotating
   InstanceName = PWN Stick
   Mass = 320
   Sharpness = 80
   HitsMOs = 1
   GetsHitByMOs = 1
   SpriteFile = ContentFile
      FilePath = Miles.rte/TestRod.bmp
   FrameCount = 1
   SpriteOffset = Vector
      X = -11
      Y = -2
   AngularVel = 0
   OrientToVel = 1
   AtomGroup = AtomGroup
      AutoGenerate = 1
      Material = Material
         CopyOf = Test
      Resolution = 4
      Depth = 0
   DeepCheck = 0

and I made that a single gib for a TDE used as ammo and poof it works

it can't kill doors though, because its an MSR I didn't bother making it emit sharp particles I just made the flascoid emitter instead :-P

Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 13 posts ]