View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Asplode Corp - Last Updated 25th Jan 

Post Re: Asplode Corp - Last Updated 25th Jan
overwrite your SCRAP folder with this for extra crunchy, smokey, not-crashy scraps!
Attachment:
File comment: oh. em. gee. what a badass this robot is.
SCRAP.zip [46.61 KiB]
Downloaded 292 times
i havnt had a single crash since the last edit, and i was playing with bottle launchers (think toned down revolver cannons with watery gibs), so it wont be to do with gibimpulselimits or jointstrengths. i toned down the jointstiffness too, see the notes up the top. more gibs are necessary, but this is cool as is. i like the breakwound on the legs a lot, actually, it just needs more smoke, i'd do that myself but im lazy and just thought of it now. just up the particlesperminute on the smoke particles i suppose. i need some small fire sprites made before i can implement proper fire, flamey gibs is easy though.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:41 am
Profile WWW

Much appreciated, what was the problem? I'll add in a few more gibs and release again, with even more credits for you.

Edit: Um, nice try, but guess what: still crashes when you gib the legs.

How to test this: spawn a scrap and another actor. equip other actor with pulse digger. get that actor to go prone and fire the pulse digger into SCRAP's legs. with geti's version, game will crash before the legs can even gib.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:47 am

hold on, ill see if that happens in my CC. i was shooting their legs off with MOSRs, so maybe wounds cause issues or something? :? its loading zombie cave now..
okay, shooting off legs with a spas12 doesnt cause a crash. trying pulse digger (negative mass particles).. Crash. what the hell? maybe its the pull of the negative mass or something.. normal bullets dont seem to cause issues.. ill test with the laser rifle now... done, no crashes, but the laser cant pierce the leg from some angles XD. dummy nailgun scares them, but blows off legs happily and causes no crashing.
shotguns dont seem to cause it either, i just blew my scraps legs apart slowly at close range.. i think its just the negative mass particles from the pulse digger. ill test now with a normal digger, after reloading CC and entering grasslands. yeah, normal diggers work from point black, have a look. at the results of testing below.
Attachment:
[The extension png has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Attachment:
[The extension png has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

i think it is just the negative mass particles, i didnt test with a pulse digger so i didnt pick up on the crash. no idea why that happens though.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:11 am
Profile WWW

Looking at the pix of this mod reminds me of the happy feeling I get when I see the vanilla robot's beautiful gibbing...

I'll try this out soon. Oh, what happened to that gif I made a while ago of the SCRAP's attachables...

EDIT: Ah, that was the old SCRAP actor. Disregard.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:20 am

Thanks for your incredible bug testing their Geti, I didn't pick that!! (you can expect more credits for that!)

And Thoughtprocess, more gibs coming soon, I'm still not satisfied with the mess they make.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:06 am

the breakwounds leak tiny bits of metal, btw. i'd love to work on these more seriously, but thats up to you, its your project. i just like doing effects ;) oh yeah, more bugchecks, this time for the nailgun. it doesnt work most of the time. i suggest using the same method darlos uses on his sniper rifle, and various others have used over the years, bounce = -1 on the materials.. just a suggestion.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:21 am
Profile WWW

Oh no, the nailgun is MEANT to do that.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:24 am

Hey guys, I really love the Oysters and I have been trying to create an activities for them, but I basically suck at modding. I keep getting an attachable error about oyster debris, anyone mind making me a working activities for them?

Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:56 am

Oyster Debris is in Effects.ini for memory, so your activities.ini will have to be pretty through. I'll rig one up later, keep your eyes peeled.

Edit: Making this custom activities reminded me how many new weapons I need to make. So I use my stuff, as well as default stuff.

Apologies in advance if I've mucked something up and you get attacked by Dummies.

TO INSTALL: extract the Index.ini and Activities.ini into Asplode.rte

Remember to comment out the Activities.ini under Missions.rte

Attachments:
File comment: Enjoy.
Activities.rar [1.2 KiB]
Downloaded 289 times
Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:07 am

weapons updates? tesla axe? :)

Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:19 am
Profile WWW

I have school, homework and social events on a lot at the moment, so very little is being done in the modding department, sorry. If I get free time in Computers or something I'll get some spriting done, which is one of the major time killers, the other being testing.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:15 am

i know what you mean with testing killing time. that scrap investigation i did was fun though, and only took about 10 minutes on zombie cave for me to figure out what it was. i've only been finding time for modding and even the internet some nights, i just remembered what a ♥♥♥♥♥ physics homework is..

Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:45 am
Profile WWW

'Fixing' the SCRAPs would have taken the best part of 3 hours. No joke.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:10 am

its a bloody weird bug though.. you might want to alert data to the issue, but i assume its just one of the B22 hive of bugs..

Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7