View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:02 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Asplode Corp - Last Updated 25th Jan 

Post Asplode Corp - Last Updated 25th Jan
Hi all,
This is my faction. It's still a WIP, but It all works, so enjoy!

INTRO AND HISTORY

Taking advantage of the lack of safety or quality standards in the Kepler system, Asplode Corp mass-produces cheap military equipment to be sold to the Tradestar corporation at incredibly low prices. In turn, Tradestar turns a blind eye on the exploitation of Asplode Corp's workers, prizing overheads over morals.

Asplode Corp's past lies in low-end appliances. As more and more people left behind their natural bodies in favour of Brain-jar or artificial bodies, the market for dangerous blenders or leaky microwaves diminished, so Asplode Corp turned to making military supplies for the growing resource war.

Asplode Corp is most famous for it's Scrapbot line, a moderately popular robot which ran on highly unstable conductor fluid. the were 2 or 3 versions of this robot, untill the fluid was scrapped entirely when it was discovered that exploding robots could occasionally cause EMPs, knocking out many computer systems. The last version of the scrap was released along with the SCAR, a mass-produced rifle and various versions of the SCRAP, including the hugely popular SCRAP-A.

Asplode Corp's next major success was the Oyster robot, which was a heavily modified SCRAP chassis covered in armour plates.

This is the second wave of Asplode Corp, finally bringing assorted products together into a whole.

ACTORS
From left to right: Oyster, Oyster JP, SCRAP

The Oyster Robot is a high-end robotic Juggernaut, covered in armour plates and designed to withstand small arms fire. A tough frame helps the Oyster to survive hard falls, but fire and shrapnel damage have been proven to damage the internal circuitry, making the Oyster vulnerable to explosive weaponry.

The Oyster JP is simply the Oyster with a jetpack instead of a jump pack, raising the cost slightly.

The SCRAP (Super Cheap Robot/Automated Personnel) is a light soldier perfect for mining or tasks where soldiers are not likely to return. A perfect alternative to a skeleton, it is weaker (usually being terminated by a single wound) but has a jetpack, increasing it's versatility.

DEVICES

AGR (Automatic Gauss Rifle)
Thanks to Rashaln for Gif!
Turns out a blunt slug fired at huge speeds REALLY HURTS. Relatively slow ROF.

Mine Launcher
Fires a proximity mine. Use with caution though, the mines do not descriminate between friend and foe, and will blow up your actors as well as your enemy's if they get to close.

Beast
ImageOld Sprite, same function.
Image New sprite.
A dangerous minigun which fires small, light but very sharp bullets and the occasional explosive round, creating a wall of bullets which tear apart anything caught in the spray in just a few seconds. Costs 100oz.

0GGL - Zero Gravity Grenade Launcher
Gif coming soon!
This weapon fires a timed grenade which is not effected by gravity. Excellent in underground bunkers. Takes a bit of practice to use though.

Nailgun
Fires Nails. A good sidearm or primary weapon if you're short of dough and don't value your life much.

Credits:
Geti - For the Oyster's Wound's Smoke effect (listed in my code As GetiSmoke, GetiSmokeSmall and GetiSmokeTiny), as well as giving me some excellent ideas for improvements or new features.
Darlos9D - For the dissapearing Magazine trick.

Attachments:
File comment: +401 Downloads
Asplode.rte.rar [1.74 MiB]
Downloaded 1042 times

Last edited by Exalion on Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:37 am, edited 13 times in total.

Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:56 am

Post Re: Asplode Corp
Hrm, I think adding glows to the sensors would add to the large mono-eye effect.

I like the mines, can you try making them gib the prox mine on impact? So I can fire a mine at a rocket that's about to take off and... Yea.

The AGR's firing rate too slow for me to call it an automatic. I was somewhat expecting a ROF similar to the coalition assault rifle. This side could use a bullet sprayer. But its up to you.

I am expecting more out of this mod. Keep this up. <make a droppod, a friggn droppod! It would be perfect for this faction!>

Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:13 am

I can't get the mine to do that: have a look at how it works to see why. (it'd explode, then create the mine. which would also explode, so it wouldn't work at all).

AGR is like a semi-auto sniper, I have a concept for the bullet sprayer I haven't got around to making yet.

And yes, I will eventually make a drop pod for these guys, I just have to think of how to make it pretty and original.

Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:26 am

Muzzleflash on the AGR is very nice. I likes. Maybe add some more perceived detail on the jetpack? It looks a little strange on the oyster.

Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:46 am
Profile WWW

the gun is okay but the actors are fun. the sprites need fixing a bit but otherwise its fun and yeah. its fun. clever name for the guys with the oyster thing.

Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:58 am
Profile WWW

Which sprites? the only sprites I'm not happy/finished with are the mine sprites.

Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:04 am

Looking good. :) This one looks a little odd though: (The gun on the middle one)

Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:26 am

Sorry, REALLY BAD screen shot, new ones coming ASAP.

Edit: not hugely better, but a little. you really need to see it in game. Subiw liked it!

Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:44 am

Well this is what I have waited for. A scrap guy. Good job! :grin:

Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:56 am

WEEEEEEEE DAWGY!

Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:56 am

Very nice so far, ive been hoping more would come after the oyster and you deliver. Oh, and I think a drop-pod would be cool too, every faction should have one I think.

Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:57 am

Your mine just killed me with AK-47 <_<

Attachments:
[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]
Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:09 pm

Location: Hopefully in front of a gaming platform of some kind
it would be cool if the droopod was REALLY cheap looking. all rusty, something a normal person wouldn't choose to use willingly.

Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:19 pm

=/
When I put the .rte into the CC root folder and tried to launch the game it crashed while loading but without giving an error message. Any idea?

Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:37 pm

The Oyster is my favorite non-uber actor, and extra stuff is always fun.

Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:38 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next