View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:28 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 My First Mod.. 

Post Re: My First Mod..
Looking good so far. :) Keep it up!

Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:03 am

Man, I remember my first mod.

I didn't post it here.

So far, that's as far as I got. Nothing changes the game play in any spectacular way yet.

Still, not a bad job there. Not the best job, but good for a first try. Fun to launch at flying things. Then again, most things are.

Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:54 am

Coops150 wrote:
Lambda wrote:
Don't listen to the spoiled fool in the second post, this is pretty decent for a first mod.

Thank you!! I was about to yell at him.

I wasn't necessarily facepalming you for the mod itself (which I admitted was better than most first mods), but for the whole linked-pictures-no download-"look at MY FIRST MOD" crap.

In any case, throw some more content in there. Original content, something fun that nobody's done yet.

Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:29 am

OI, That's my dilemma. It's hard to make origional stuff for CC nowadays.

Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:15 am

ComikRadd wrote:
OI, That's my dilemma. It's hard to make origional stuff for CC nowadays.

Your avatar.... is so annoying...

But you have a point. EVERYTHING from rocket propelled chainsaws to rocket propelled rocket launchers launchers have been done before, and with a new version on the horizon, which will hopefully be with some cool shiz for modders to play with, the constant powerfull flow of original and exciting mods has been reduced to a watery brown fluid that only occasionally shows brightness.

Anywho its an ok mod, but I do agree with DK, people dont like the "My First Mod.." title.
Rename it to something like "Coop's Pack".

Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:25 am

Woose1 wrote:

Sorry to derail, but HEY now. That's Max you're talking about. I don't see a cool rabbity thing in YOUR avatar.

But yeah, as everyone in the thread says, name it, it's bland, but it's a good start.

Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:56 am

I'm going to ignore the weapons for obvious reasons and focus on the actor.
Who is he? What is he? Why does he look like he is looking at the screen when the rest of him is facing forward?

Answer or fix the answer to each of these questions and he could be an avarage good actor.

Oh and nonstandard health has become taboo. Try changing the material of him and/or his armour to make him stronger instead.

Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:39 pm

ComikRadd wrote:
Man, I remember my first mod.

I didn't post it here.

So far, that's as far as I got. Nothing changes the game play in any spectacular way yet.

Still, not a bad job there. Not the best job, but good for a first try. Fun to launch at flying things. Then again, most things are.

I still have that guy. Busts to bits when it touches the ground a little too hard.
Woose1 wrote:

Gonna have to hop on this. Max is fifty times awesomer than you will ever hope to be. Do not attempt to put Max down or he will eat your head shortly after shooting it off of you.

In other news, I'm going to give this thing a thorough critiquing:
I took a look at the actor and I can't say that there's anything really horrible about it. It looks kinda like one of Gotcha!'s troops. It hit well with me.
The pistol looks like it was made out of the little things that support the shelves at Home Depot. Seriously, it's too straight. Curve it. Also, it looks a little too much like the default pistol.
The rifle looks a little like a paintball gun with a tube stuck on it. You made a crucial error in showing the red on both sides.
I might touch up a few things in my review later. Just cleaned my room, which activated my allergies, which stuffed up my head. I suggest looking for large balls of dust to go floating by your doorstep in the next few days.

Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:57 pm

bbbzzz234 wrote:
I'm going to ignore the weapons for obvious reasons and focus on the actor.
Who is he? What is he? Why does he look like he is looking at the screen when the rest of him is facing forward?

Answer or fix the answer to each of these questions and he could be an avarage good actor.

Oh and nonstandard health has become taboo. Try changing the material of him and/or his armour to make him stronger instead.

What? does he look bad when his head is like that? It seems to look good with the Coalition.
I am going to make a new thread and he is going to have more weapons and I'm just going to name his faction

"S.A.W." Soldier at war

I know its a little crumby, but thats the faction FOR NOW.

And he is much stronger than before and most of his body is in armor, and I can change the "200 health" if you all decide this.

Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:17 pm

Great start! I don't quite like the really light hand grips though...

The health should be left at 100.

Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:55 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2