View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:21 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 S.A.W. 

Post Re: S.A.W.
When I tested this mod everything worked well. :) The shotgun is okay, the assault rifle is great for keeping people away from your base, and the grenade is good for enemies who are right next to each other. The The actor is just as good as the rest of the stuff. this looks like a successful beginner's mod.

Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:21 pm

decent mod for an early modder but its never gonna make it in teh big leagues. just work on ypur sprites and youll be well respected in these lands.

Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:15 pm
Profile WWW

so pretty much all you guys say is that i need how to sprite better and then i would be good for continuing this mod

Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:12 am

sort of.
the fact is, its all been done before. standard actor, standard weapons (maybe overpowered from what you said, shotguns should not be acurate..), and below average spriting. try and give it more spice if youre going to release generic content (for example, look at the diemos federation: its generic stuff, but its fun because it looks nice and has acceptable effects.).
id suggest some flashy MOSParticle effects and yes, better spriting.
thats my 2 cents..

Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:36 pm
Profile WWW

Coops150 wrote:
so pretty much all you guys say is that i need how to sprite better and then i would be good for continuing this mod

The only thing preventing me from downloading this mod is the face of the actor. It needs "rotated", so-to-speak, badly. Please fix this.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:00 pm

Coops150 wrote:

It's generic stuff really, wouldn't be a VERY attractive mod. So like previous posters said, it depends on your artwork, the style of your army, and the effects and uses of the weapons. If your army got style and details, people will use it.

Right now, the soldier is just like any generic soldier, the guns have style (slightly), but needs to explore more on that style, and needs more details.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:26 pm
Banned

The problem here is that the community has gotten spoiled with these large faction packs. If you release a pack of one unit and a couple weapons, it gets overwhelmed by these huge multi-actor, multi-weapon packs.

Sad, but true.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:10 pm

ProjektODIN wrote:
The problem here is that the community has gotten spoiled with these large faction packs. If you release a pack of one unit and a couple weapons, it gets overwhelmed by these huge multi-actor, multi-weapon packs.

Sad, but true.

There goes my 2 actor, 4 weapon idea then... *Sigh*..

Some this isn't true.
Cricket's mini-mod pack came with only 3 weapons, and nobody flamed him.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:13 pm
Banned

Woose1 wrote:
ProjektODIN wrote:

Sad, but true.

There goes my 2 actor, 4 weapon idea then... *Sigh*..

Some this isn't true.
Cricket's mini-mod pack came with only 3 weapons, and nobody flamed him.
it certainly never received the critical acclaim that the large packs made.

Why do you need to be so negative? This wasn't about flaming, it was about how well-received a mod was.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:15 pm
happy carebear mom

ProjektODIN wrote:
The problem here is that the community has gotten spoiledjudgemental with these large faction packs.

I think this might be more accurate. Maybe not. I think it also has a lot to do with the simple glut of mods to try. Even now, when not very many of the mods from b20 back have been converted, there are simply too many mods for anyone to put a reasonable selection in CC and try without experiencing lag of immense proportions.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:25 pm

ProjektODIN wrote:

Sad, but true.

The only thing is, If someone makes a small 1 actor, 3 weapon pack (like this one), there is less things for us to critque, thus normally get lower ratings, because we get picky.

That's all there is to it.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:21 pm

ProjektODIN wrote:

Sad, but true.

Well i might add another actor, maybe not. But there will be more weapons. I'm working on a Radio that will call down some Actors and they will take anything out near them. Also i am working on a Missile launcher that fires 8 missles that home in and destroy anything (Almost anything...)

sorry, did i get out of what we were talking about? :-(

(PM me if you want to sprite any of these)

Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:53 pm
Forum Moderator

The sprite offsets are slightly wrong on the AR and it's mag, also I touched up the sprites slightly and they look slightly better in my opinion

Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:43 am

p3lb0x wrote:
The sprite offsets are slightly wrong on the AR and it's mag, also I touched up the sprites slightly and they look slightly better in my opinion

The mag was in the wrong place? you mean for the assault rifle? I want it to be on the stock...

i do like the shotgun's new look but i have to say though, i've already made a new sprite for it. I might change it though. and the only thing i would do for the assault rifle is, well i see that you've done it: make the barrel bigger.

EDIT: i've also noticed your shading.. i could learn from that

Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:57 am
Forum Moderator

No, I mean the sprite offsets are wrong. The mag floats on the ground when I reload it

Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:37 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next