View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:36 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Death Ray 

Post Re: Death Ray
I Love Gib wrote:
I'll have to try this later, If the maker of this mod would allow me to use it as a baseline.

Of course he will. Because if he didn't it would make him a jerk.

Really, everyone doesn't need to be afraid that other modders will be mad if you use some basic modding concept that they used, even if they came up with it. Why else would they be sharing it? Perhaps showing off is in order when one comes up with a new idea, but one cannot copyright modding strategies, and a modder would be a poor individual if he didn't want other modders to use those strategies to better their own mods. People might feel compelled to cite credit to other community member's work and ideas when they release their own mods out of a sense of courtesy, but that's merely a gesture. Go ahead and do what you want, nobody will get upset.

And as Solace says, he isn't even the first person to do this anyway.

Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:01 am
Profile YIM

Alright, there you go. Not all that pretty, but it works for pulling stuff out of the sky, or wheverever else. :P

EDIT: It also pulls parts of dropships out of the sky. Directly toward you. At high speeds.

Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:11 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Darlos9D wrote:

Really, everyone doesn't need to be afraid that other modders will be mad if you use some basic modding concept that they used, even if they came up with it. Why else would they be sharing it? Perhaps showing off is in order when one comes up with a new idea, but one cannot copyright modding strategies, and a modder would be a poor individual if he didn't want other modders to use those strategies to better their own mods. People might feel compelled to cite credit to other community member's work and ideas when they release their own mods out of a sense of courtesy, but that's merely a gesture. Go ahead and do what you want, nobody will get upset.

Wholeheartedly agreeing with this post.

Ideas are not your property, and if you release a mod to the forum you release your coding techniques as well.

Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:39 am

up the firevelocity on the rounds to make it not destroy itself as easily.
very good use of the concept, i was hoping someone would do this, very very cool.
now noone has an excuse for using muzzleflash lazers :D

Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:20 pm
Profile WWW

I Didn't test this but I looked at the Code, What exactly is Going on with all the Copies and the MOSRotating?
Grif wrote:
Darlos9D wrote:

Wholeheartedly agreeing with this post.

Ideas are not your property, and if you release a mod to the forum you release your coding techniques as well.

What he said.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:09 am

siric, how did you get your avatar?

Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:11 am

deathbal101 wrote:
Siric, how did you get your avatar?

I looked in the Epic CC Moments thread, this particular one is a rocket crashing through billions of Base Busters.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:14 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2