View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:05 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Stargate - Staff Weapon 

Post Stargate - Staff Weapon
Hello, friends. I have decided to add the famous Staff Weapon from Stargate into the mod library.
It's not TOTALLY accurate to the series, but it blows stuff up. And it's cool. Yes.

This weapon fires an energy bolt, its power taken from a canister of Liquid Naquadah that is inserted into the front end (I think.). To reload, simply slide in another canister and you're good to go! When you shoot enemies, they will be BLOWN into a bunch of tiny, gibby bits. Also, it is very fun to shoot rockets and drop-ships, as they will rain debris within a 10-20 foot radius.

The firing of the energy bolt

The devastation 2 seconds later.

Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:42 am

Post Re: Stargate - Staff Weapon
From the screenshots it looks like a solid weapon, but it's terribly bland and the sprite is... really not-good.
Try adding a glow to the bolt and detailing the weapon sprite and it'll be good.

Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:44 am

Yeah, I tried REALLY hard, but I couldn't figure that part out. I would have LOVED to have added a glow... Unfortunately, that's just how it turned out.
As for the sprite... I don't think it's that bad. I mean, look at what a staff weapon looks like, and then look at what I'm given. In order to make it very detailed the staff would be too thick, and it would just look awkward.

Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:59 am

Just from the point of view of the Stargate universe, the main advantage of the staff was that it never needed to be reloaded and never ran out of ammo. Of course, this basically applies to all CC weapons. However, making it an inaccurate mini-rocketlauncher with moderate rate of fire/reload and not any pauses in there would, I think, be fairly unique as far as this game goes.

EDIT: For the sprite, I think rotating it a bit so the flat part isn't facing directly at the camera would let you fit a bit of shading in, and as well as the glow on the particle, making it animated would also be cool, as it is made entirely of energy. Do like the sounds though, so if this shapes up I might have to use it more often. XD

Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:02 am

If you want to make a Stargate Mod, i´ve made one times ago. I search and upload him. Maybe you find some usefull gifs or so.
But its B20 or B21.

Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:20 am

You should make the actors and P90's for the humans.

Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:54 pm

Quote:
You should make the actors and P90's for the humans.

First he should make the Gua-uld and other Charakters who can use this weapon, if he like to make more.
@ BEANME: Srry, i don´t find my mod at my PC. Maybe i deletet him

Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:46 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Okay, but what about the hand snake?

And I won't stop bitching until you add that in, it wouldn't settle without it.

Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:19 pm

If I may ask, what is a hand snake?
Are you talking about the Zat gun?

Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:22 pm

Yeah, I think so... and since you can't knock people out in this game, that'd be rather hard to do. :P

Anyway I remembered I could mod, so I did the stuff I thought I'd like it more... and I do. Mind if I add this to my mod pack? I'll credit you of course...

Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:45 pm

Solace wrote:
Just from the point of view of the Stargate universe, the main advantage of the staff was that it never needed to be reloaded and never ran out of ammo. Of course, this basically applies to all CC weapons. However, making it an inaccurate mini-rocketlauncher with moderate rate of fire/reload and not any pauses in there would, I think, be fairly unique as far as this game goes.

Isn't there an infinite rounds mechanism using -1 rounds?

Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:04 pm

Holy crap Solace - that is awesome. I won't steal it and put it on my post, but that is impressive stuff. Thank you.

Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:07 pm

Hehe, nah, I just made some glowy stuff*, took about 30 seconds. :lol: Mainly I just like stargate and I really do think this version is pretty faithful to the series and unique at least to what I've played in CC. Like I said before, wouldn't mind being coauthors of the second one... really does make me feel a lot like a Jafa. Darn, missed. Darn, missed. Darn, missed. Oooh, pretty, look at where his arm went! :D

*And edited the sprite and gave the shot an animation, but that didn't take tooo long either. >.> <.<

Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:22 pm

I will support all your efforts for a Human part and a Gua-Uld part.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:54 am

Solace wrote:
Yeah, I think so... and since you can't knock people out in this game, that'd be rather hard to do. :P

Anyway I remembered I could mod, so I did the stuff I thought I'd like it more... and I do. Mind if I add this to my mod pack? I'll credit you of course...

I remember the Staff weapon was darker. This looks like a RPG :-(

Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:30 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next