View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Clone Army V-0.4 -Clone Industries 

Post Clone Army V-0.4 -Clone Industries
Hi I've been working on this mod for a while, It is my third mod and first to be released. It isn't quite
finished but it is done enough to be released and updated.

Here it is. Clone Army.

Those are what I have functional so far (I will be making about 6 more weapons 3 more actors and at least 3 dropships)

Heavy Clone-A heavy actor made for hardcore action. Strong Armor and can take a bit of bullets armorless.

Light Clone- A much weaker version of the Heavy Clone. About as strong as a Light Clone but a little better.

Gatlin Lazer- A very fast firing very strong gun. Shoots lazers that tear into armor and destroy it.

LRPG- A very strong rocket launcher that is lazer guided. Its not finished yet but everything but the tracking is working.

Sniper X- The clone sniper rifle. Very strong and it uses actual bullet (other guns use lazers).

HandCannon- Clone pistol. Also fires bullets, It's not to strong but it gets the job done.

Assault Rifle-Cheep,Reliable,Somewhat powerful.This is the basist of the Clone army arsunal.

Story.
One day on a battlefield were a battle beetween Ronin and Coalation was going on, a robot sent by a far of supercomputer was wandering around looking for a subject that could be cloned to make a strong fighting force. The robot stumbles apon a man known as General Leon, a well known and decorated Coalation General. He had been knocked unconcious by a sniper bullet that hadn't quite penetrated his helmet. The robot retrieved him and took him back to the main base were they did mental and physical experiments until they perfected his clone. His outer appearence and physical state were the exact same as the real thing. They then proceeded to train his clones to make them stronger and better then he could ever be, it was succesful. They are now a well known fighting force throughout the Galaxies and are very strong and reliable in combat. They are also an army for higher.

Fun facts-
This was going to be a mod based on the clones from Star Wars.
Leon was my great grandpa and he was a General in WW2.

Stats on mod.
Assault Rifle - Unfinished-Gotta make it look better.
Sniper X- Finished- May get some fine tuning but other than that its mostly done.
LRPG- Unfinished- I have to add the lazer guided system
Gatlin Lazer- Unfinished- I found a error. For now it will not burn armor so its just a GG but I'm fixxing it.
HandCannon- Finished- Same as Sniper X.

Dropships- Unfinished- Still working on them- Currently working on 1/3
Actors- Unfinished- 2/7 done- Currently working on a Clone in a tuxedo (Hes suppose to be a spy)
Weapons- Unfinished- Put on hold so I will add more when I have at least 1 dropship and 1 more actor done.

Im thinking about renaming them Clone force-L since I will be making clones out of other generals and soldiers.

Last edited by devilsboy005 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:29 am, edited 7 times in total.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:29 am

Post Re: Clone Army V-0.4 -Clone Industries
Dude, first things first, before I bother touching this mod.

1. Don't manually resize stuff. Ever.

2. Don't .jpeg ♥♥♥♥.

3. Try to finish the whole clone at the very least. I can still see bits of the green clone. Make it gray or something. I don't care so long as it doesn't look too half-assed.

4. Don't half-ass mods. They look like ♥♥♥♥ and play like it too.

I may DL just for the gattling laser though. That's new and interesting.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:20 am

It's just a gattling gun with different color and sound. The lazer guided rocket launcher sounds interesting if it works, but as far as I could tell it doesn't. Also I don't think he manually resized it, it really looks pretty much like that.

EDIT: Ok, I guess he did manually resize it. It still looks like that though.

Last edited by Solace on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:25 am

Solace wrote:
It's just a gattling gun with different color and sound. The lazer guided rocket launcher sounds interesting if it works, but as far as I could tell it doesn't. Also I don't think he manually resized it, it really looks pretty much like that.

Actualy it should have a special effect on armor were it would only have to shoot armor once and it would deteriarate over time. I'll go check if that works if not I will fix it. As for the lazer guided rocket I'm trying to get the rocket to be a actor that is set to Go-To a invisible actor at the end of a long red line on the RPG.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:28 am

You're kidding, right? It looks like this in game?

Edit: Pay no attention to this, except the sprite job itself.
No way he changed the landscape though as seen here:
That is, however, one of the worst things I've seen in a while. Excluding guro and vari-Actually, no, this looks pretty bad.Looks like there's some standard MSPaint colors there, oh, and a little bit of various other nasty bits that happen when you resize your ♥♥♥♥.

Last edited by ComikRadd on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:31 am

Ok...A HUGE pile of stuff to say here.

Not...a bad mod for a starter. Nice story and okay weapon designs. The gatling laser feels good when in use. However, the sprites seriously need some work on.

Assault rifle is heavily lack of details, so is the hand cannon(and it isn't THAT powerful to be called a cannon). The RPG is waaayyy to large, it does not seem like something a human can hold (though it might work well with a robot actor). The rest of the weapons (including the previous 3 actually) needs shading, and lines. Well, not really lines, since it's pixel art, but right now it's a bunch of color patches on a gun.

The light clone's BG leg needs fixing, you put the standard coalition leg there. Also, the legs of both clones are too similar to coalitions legs. It's normal for a beginner modder to start with respriting, but that's way to little changes in the legs. Face looks good with the scar, but still need some shading. The hat doesn't look good at all, I'd rather have you change it. Maybe a new hat for the light clone and a helmet for the heavy one, coz right now they are too similar.

Finally, the name. 'Clone Army' is too common. It's not like in Star Wars where there's only one (or few) clone armies. Most factions here uses clones(AAL, Darkstorm, etc), so you need a better name.

REALLY finally, you should post smaller screenshots. Resize them a bit cause right now they're too big and it kills any pixel art, good or bad.

Ok, I'm done...I need a glass of water.

Last edited by The Decaying Soldat on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:32 am

ComikRadd wrote:
You're kidding, right? It looks like this in game?

No way he changed the landscape though as seen here:
That is, however, one of the worst things I've seen in a while. Excluding guro and vari-Actually, no, this looks pretty bad.

yea its not suppose to be that big it was way smaller when I put it in photobucket

Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:33 am

Photobucket didn't do this. Unless it did. Which I doubt.

Just go back into CC, come back with .png versions of these (Don't alter them in any way) and we'll have something to work with now won't we.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:36 am

ComikRadd wrote:
Photobucket didn't do this. Unless it did. Which I doubt.

Just go back into CC, come back with .png versions of these (Don't alter them in any way) and we'll have something to work with now won't we.

Il just go into CC and get a pic of eveery weapon being held and a light clone and then Print Screen that and put that here and keep the descriptions.

Gimi a sec to do that.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:49 am

Glad that you got the message.

We can all wait.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:02 am

Now that my friend is done using his experience to completely blow the crud out of you, I'll come at this with a more passive approach.
First off the bat, you made a mistake with jpging your images. Big no no when advertising for your mod. That's only tolerable when you're uploading an entire screenshot of CC to Epic CC moments, and that's only because Photobucket made your bmps into jpgs (it does, Radd).
Continuing on, you seem to have pretty good writing skills. The descriptions exist and they make the mod seem nice. However, this is not a commercial for a scam. If we do not like your product, we will remove it and toss the dislike in your face. The reason I said that is because of your information about a laser guided rocket launcher.
Continuing on, we see more of those jpged pictures.
That's if for the advertising. Now for the product.
I got the impression after reading the topic name that this was a mod from 2v50. Unsurprisingly, the quality was not far off. When people run a marathon, they usually go in knowing the risks and the hardship they're going to endure, so they prepare themselves and run the whole race (Except for cases which are disgraced). You have decided, not only to not finish your actors, but the parts you did something with look like crud. Rule number one for spriters is to not use the base paint palette. You have a grand total of 255 colors at your disposal. Use them to your advantage and don't just use two colors. Sure, I'm a pathetic spriter, but what I do churn out is pillow shaded at worst.
Your weapons share the same problem, from what I can tell in the jpged sprites. Please make sure to make it so people can actually see your stuff.
I can not grade the quality and performance of your actors and weapons at the current time because I am not going to download it.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:27 pm

Looks pretty good. The sprites could use some work, but fairly good.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:03 pm

Actor sprites need more definition; heads especially. Needs a custom BG leg instead of using the Coalition soldier's one. Needs a design that isn't blatantly ripped from the Coalition soldiers'.

Weapons need work: Weapon sprites are bland all around, RPG is too big and has no difference from the vanilla one, Hand Cannon uses the Coalition Pistol's description, Sniper X's description spells "powerful" and "guaranteed" incorrectly.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:15 pm

Okay heres what I addressed last night before bed and before I went to school.

1. I changed the Light Clone so he looks alot different and he wears a hat instead of the helmet.

2. I changed the BG leg to what it was suppose to be. That was a mistake I didn't realize it was like that.

3. Corrected the decription errors with the HandCannon and Sniper X.

4. I changed the heavy clones helmet a little. I'm not done with it and thats what I am currently working on is making it look good. When I'm done with this I will make the rocket launcher smaller and add details to the sprites.

As for the Gatlin Lazer, I'm trying to fix it so that it does what is should with armor.

Il post pics of the new heavy clone and Light Clone.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:18 am

... Congratulations. You ripped the forum uploaders a new ♥♥♥hole.

Next time you're uploading pictures, try tinypic or something. Okay?

Alright. I see some progress. You listen to what we suggest. Now... Let's get to work on those sprites, 'eh? Take a look at sprite examples from other mods and use some of that shading style into your own, if you can. If you can't... Make a light source and sprite accordingly. Don't be afraid to use color.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:10 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next