View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:49 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 CAS - The Crazy-Ass Shotgun 

Post CAS - The Crazy-Ass Shotgun
Starting out as a very strange weapon that I'd care not to mention the nature of, the model for this extremely large, dangerous and powerful shotgun was modified and placed in the hands of my team of mad scientists (who are totally not the left and right halves of my brain) and they came up with this.

This, friends, is the Crazy-Ass Shotgun MK IV, or CAS for short.

As you can see from the blueprint, this weapon isn't that cost-effective, and I'm afraid I'll have to charge 350 oz. for it...
But wait! Just look at these happy customers!

Wait for it...

Awesome!

And if you don't think those images are real, let me tell you: those are 150 pellets of pure destruction coming out of that heavy-duty shell, which is ejected from the chamber at the back after firing.
Because of the shells' massive size, only 4 can be stored inside the gun at once.
The one drawback of this weapon would be its ludicrous recoil - guaranteed to send a Coalition Soldier right on his ass.

WARNING: PROLONGED USE OF WEAPON MAY RESULT IN BROKEN OR FRACTURED JOINTS, HEAD TRAUMA OR, IN EXTREME CASES, DEATH. DO NOT FIRE WEAPON INTO THE AIR REPEATEDLY, AS IT MAY RESULT IN BROKEN LEGS OR BACK.

Happy Hunting, shoppers!

Attachments:
File comment: The CAS MK IV
CAS.rte.rar [64.12 KiB]
Downloaded 562 times
Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:44 am

Post Re: CAS - The Crazy-Ass Shotgun
the sprite is okay but it does not look like a shotgun at all. it looks like an oversized awkward cannon that got confused and shoots bullets not rockets or whatever. the sprite is so big compared to the coalition soldiers that it looks like its shoulder-mounted. and would be a bit odd have a shoulder mounted shot gun.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:54 am
Profile WWW

Yes, I know. That was why I decided to make it a shotgun, because it would be so ridiculous that it would be awesome.
Looks like I missed my target.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:57 am

Does it use the newly-discovered wide laser technique (see Death Ray)? if not, it'll look crap when you have a barrel that big yet all the shots come from one central point. Unless you have a gigantic muzzle flash which covers the bullets untill they're a long way from the gun.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:16 am

whoa, techniques get mentioned. woot for solace.
this is kind of underdone, it could be a really well sprited lolz-type mod, but instead its a poorly sprited one. and i expect badly coded, from the screenshot. maybe work on it a tad more?

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:03 am
Profile WWW

Right, wall of lead, gotcha.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:48 pm

heh, i thought it was a sprite at first. how many particles are there, out of interest?

Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

Sashi wrote:
Right, wall of lead, gotcha.
Mods like this make me sad.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:34 pm

ProjektODIN wrote:
Mods like this make me sad.

Well, what can you do.

I mean the sprite is good. One could use that sprite as part of a turret, but as a hand held weapon it's just silly.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Exalion wrote:
Does it use the newly-discovered wide laser technique (see Death Ray)? if not, it'll look crap when you have a barrel that big yet all the shots come from one central point. Unless you have a gigantic muzzle flash which covers the bullets untill they're a long way from the gun.

Didin't numgun used this "new" technicue in his AAL mod already back in B20.

Back ontopic, I think cc does really not need any owerpowered weapon anymore unless it's something creative (like the craft gun or the deathray).

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:19 pm
Banned

Sashi wrote:
I mean the sprite is good. One could use that sprite as part of a turret, but as a hand held weapon it's just silly.
This mod has a lot more potential as a stationary turret.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:24 pm

teh somebody wrote:
Back ontopic, I think cc does really not need any owerpowered weapon anymore unless it's something creative (like the craft gun or the deathray).

I feel the same. If you made a weapon that shot 150 lemons at the dropship, I would think it's unique and cool :grin:. Unfortunately there are already a fair number of super guns available on these forums.

I don't know if I like the sprite or not... if you re sized it and used it as a portable cannon or something related (to justify the wide barrel) then It would be good.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:06 pm

This is indeed a crazy-assed shotgun. Wall of lead makes for fun times with everything, though really, it would've had a better time being a mobile turret. I like the idea of vaporizing my enemies in a single blast, but I'd LOVE to see this as a mobile turret. Simple as that.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:34 pm

demetrius says this is the worst mod he has seen in a while

I'm inclined to agree because it looks like you put most of the effort into the drawing

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:36 pm
happy carebear mom

I sense promise in this one because he actually took the time to do a few things new modders don't put into their SMG edits.
1. Pictures
2. OP is legible
3. Decent (not amazing, but decent) sprite
4. Coding that involves more than 3 keypresses

@BEANME: Good job for a first mod, but most seriously overpowered mods aren't received well, unless they are well sprited and/or entertaining (AAl, DSTech, shooks' Random Pack o' Stuff).
Focus on playability and you'll do well.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:24 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next