View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 TradeStar: Conscripted -Space pirates w/ Deployable Cover 

Post TradeStar: Conscripted -Space pirates w/ Deployable Cover
TradeStar: The most well known Spacecraft, clone, and weapons manufacturers and traders in the sector.

They build your rockets...

They sell you guns...

they keep you alive...

And there not as stable and safe as you might think, thanks to one simple fact.

PIRATES.

Pirates have existed for as long as man thought 'i'm going to steel your stuff and sell it for money, and i'm going to do it in bulk'

in 2008 on earth, pirates still existed, but they where not all yo ho ho and a bottle of rum. They had carrier ships with speedboats, and men with rocket launchers capturing entire oil tankers, fueling there own Pirate filled madness, burning it so that none may claim it, or simply holding them for ransom.

This tradition has not stopped, despite humanities advances.

Here's what happens... Tradestar builds a space-port. Open for inter-stellar broadcasts of orders and sales.
They have factories, to mass produce there goods, they buy raw materials in bulk, and store them in there facilities, for non-stop production.

And they are subject to attack. Pirates, Rogue factions, Thieves, Terrorists, or there competition, may come in, Kill the crew of a tradestar spaceport, reprogram the computers, to burn off all the resources, giving themselves new weapons, and what they don't use, they sell at a MASSIVE discount, forcing tradestar to also lower their prices, and have less money for there own defense.

These rogues, pretend to be tradestar themselves, claiming operations of entire sectors, stealing the profits from tradestar, and fueling there own destructive habits.

Not only do they use standard tools, they improvise with what is on hand, and even craft there own instruments of destruction.

And available now, due to a glitch in there own hacks, All there personal developments are available to you, for FREE.

They use tradestar's own factorys to supply there men with mass produced customized weapons and tools, and charge themselves nothing in the system... but they accidentally made this available to everyone. because of this fact.... noone has tried to stop them... there giving you free stuff, would you really want to stop that?

There tools include:

Deployable cover: you hold it, it is super light, you toss it in front of yourself, it falls to the ground, and rapidly expands to its top, to fill a MASSIVE volume. it then Teleports in the rest of the object, from a sub plane of existence.

Musket : A year or 2 ago, TradeStar produced a Noveltie Blunderbuss. It wasn't particularly usefull, and it was always miss used, especially in the hands of defective clones. But our space pirate buddies have taken a Liking to this, and Updated it. Made it stronger, More deadly, and more accurate. They now use this gun as a standard.

Devistator : this is there ultimate for the time being.

It is a hybrid of tradestar's Laser Rifle, and there Heavy Digger. In effect, it is a focussed digger, turned weapon. it can destroy doors, and dig hair-thin holes in concrete several feet deem, in moments, with a steady hand. but be warned. it is fragile compaired to most weapons.

Pirate bomb: it looks like a small black sea-mine, but its really just an enormous glorified grenade. Don't be fooled by its round soft appearance. it can be quite devistating in the right hands. be adviced, not only does it roll, but it can be detonated early when under heavy fire.

of course between it being done by a computer error, and that its free, be advised, the graphical display of said products is... bare bones.

Conscripted TradeStar is NOT affiliated with the actual Tradestar©, as Tradestar: Consripts is literally a Hijacked faction. Noone used there weapons anyway.

Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: TradeStar: Conscripted -Space pirates w/ Deployable Cover
Seems worth testing, downloading.

Also, couldn't you host the pictures on some other site, no one is gonna bother and click that image, and it somehow makes this topic look much more unprofessional.

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:43 pm

It's steal, not steel.

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:05 pm

This would be cooler if the mod was any good, if you could spell,

and if

you

made smaller posts.

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:21 pm
Profile WWW

Kallemort wrote:
Seems worth testing, downloading.

Also, couldn't you host the pictures on some other site, no one is gonna bother and click that image, and it somehow makes this topic look much more unprofessional.

I honestly get annoyed by off-site file-hosts. I get irritated when I see other people use them (except when the filesize is notably large and un-uploadable here)

apart from that, after testing...?

actually most of this is from some of my older stuff.

the blunderbuss and bomb where from when I did a pirate mod, the devistator is actually an updated version of my first weapon (back in B12-13 ish) the deployable cover is the only thing new, and I didn't want to release it as its own 1 thing mod.

Origionally the deployable cover would just face the direction you threw it (even up) but It was never even and it would cross walls. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make it center itself better, without needing a left and right version, it would be very appreciated.

Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:35 am
Profile YIM WWW

Deployable cover seems interesting, though not the first time being made. The rest of the weapons seems generic.

Also, about the story: These pirates have to be really I mean REALLY hardcore to hijack a Trade Star space port and keep it for long term use. Trade Star is the monopoly of weapon production, trade and transportation, they'd probably send their own army, or a nuke to vaporize the hijacked space port. Those pirates back in ancient 2008 only hijack ships, I wouldn't dare to think what would happen to them if they tried to invade US soil.

Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:11 pm

looks interesting!

Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:57 pm

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
Deployable cover seems interesting, though not the first time being made. The rest of the weapons seems generic.

Also, about the story: These pirates have to be really I mean REALLY hardcore to hijack a Trade Star space port and keep it for long term use. Trade Star is the monopoly of weapon production, trade and transportation, they'd probably send their own army, or a nuke to vaporize the hijacked space port. Those pirates back in ancient 2008 only hijack ships, I wouldn't dare to think what would happen to them if they tried to invade US soil.

They work by sending in a group of people (10-20) who are completely armed to the teeth, like some strange black-ops on steroids, and for about 5-10 minutes there is chaos at that tradestar facility.

They then hold that facility, getting as much profit and production as they can, over the course of a few hours, maybe days if necessary, defending it from initial attacks to test it, then they sabotage the station and leave disappearing into who knows where, maybe a sub plane of existence (since they clearly have that technology with there deployable cover) and when tradestar, or some other unwitting group trys to take it back, BOOM. That said, it's not just boom. They destroy and replace the dummy brains with new ones to take over all the uncontrolled robots and clones that hadn't yet fallen in battle. when they leave, they leave those too, to defend it to the death, with tradestar's own resources.

and if they nuke it beforehand, so what, they just phase back to sub-space, or there own plane of existence. Maybe there human, maybe there something else. who knows...

all that is known, is that for some reason, they have no fear of death, for they are a legion, and strangely, one more can always take the place of a fallen.

Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Honestly I don't really get the setting of this... is this a serious, realistic pirate faction, or a comical "space pirate" faction? They have crudely modified but efficient lazer weapons jerry rigged from common materials found on hand, interdimensional transporters... and muskets and deep sea mines.

Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:27 pm

I've found this makes a little more sense if you view it as lots of little mods, since none of them really fit together. From this perspective the weapons are good, if a little overpowered and uncreative. To balance it, try increasing the reload for Devastator and reduce the power of the others, although considering they don't cost anything I guess balancing isn't something you want to worry about for this.

Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:10 pm

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
They work by sending in a group of people (10-20) who are completely armed to the teeth, like some strange black-ops on steroids, and for about 5-10 minutes there is chaos at that tradestar facility.

They then hold that facility, getting as much profit and production as they can, over the course of a few hours, maybe days if necessary, defending it from initial attacks to test it, then they sabotage the station and leave disappearing into who knows where, maybe a sub plane of existence (since they clearly have that technology with there deployable cover) and when tradestar, or some other unwitting group trys to take it back, BOOM. That said, it's not just boom. They destroy and replace the dummy brains with new ones to take over all the uncontrolled robots and clones that hadn't yet fallen in battle. when they leave, they leave those too, to defend it to the death, with tradestar's own resources.

and if they nuke it beforehand, so what, they just phase back to sub-space, or there own plane of existence. Maybe there human, maybe there something else. who knows...

all that is known, is that for some reason, they have no fear of death, for they are a legion, and strangely, one more can always take the place of a fallen.

Now it makes more sense. But...Just forget the nuke part...nuke is just overpowered, so doesn't really need an explanation for how they escape nuke.

Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:35 am

GopherLemming wrote:
I've found this makes a little more sense if you view it as lots of little mods, since none of them really fit together. From this perspective the weapons are good, if a little overpowered and uncreative. To balance it, try increasing the reload for Devastator and reduce the power of the others, although considering they don't cost anything I guess balancing isn't something you want to worry about for this.

exactly. They use what they've got and they take what they like.

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Needs more things I have not already seen, or stuff I've seen before done better so if you inprove some things you'll get my DL, but not in it's currant state.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:42 pm

correct use of there/their/they're is appreciated at 2 in the morning. ill have a look at this tomorow, i saw the mine and musket in the last "release" of this.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:09 pm
Profile WWW

Not very good. All there is in this mod is a complete of copy of the sentinel beam (don't remember who made it though, maybe it was you), a bomb that ejects a cover, often giving it a weird angle, a musket (which is basically a longer blunderbuss with more bullets per shot) and a pirate bomb, which I am also unsure of who made it. I remember seeing it in a Pirate pack though.

If you want to make interesting space pirates, you have either of three choices: Metroid-based space pirates, Cyborg pirates (Ye olde pirates, except with a metal bootleg and half of their face and body made of circuit work and metal plates) OR a completely new bunch of gadget-geared hackers.

If you want further suggestions or more detals, just pm me. If you want me to shut the hell up, also pm me.

Basically, a pretty half-hassed mod. Half of it, I've already seen somewhere else. The other half, the deployable cover is pretty much unusable and the musket is a hyped-up blunderbuss with a different sprite.

Try harder.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:30 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next