View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:07 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next
 WH40k basic space marines. 

Post Re: WH40k basic space marines.
Slightly explosive shells is a must to the heavy bolter. Also, is it better to activate the chainsword and swing it around yourself? Also, the Marines should speak louder, imo.

But hell, this mod it great. I'm having a good time playing Orkz against SM.

Last edited by The Decaying Soldat on Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:27 am

411570N3 wrote:
...bolter bullets are probably big enough to see due to the fact that they're almost fist sized....

Not according to the 40k Wiki:
"Firstly, the amount of propellant required for the first stage is relatively small. This means that with the standard .75 calibre (about 20mm), the recoil is negligible when compared to a conventional projectile weapon of equivalent calibre."

The heavy bolter uses 1.00 caliber rounds which should be about 27mm, which, for those that are unused to the metric system, means about one inch.

You could base the bolt on the autocannon shell and tone down the size and the explosion, if you want it to explode, that is.

The smoke from the shell is probably done with an emitter (can't check from work) and can thus be removed/changed to something more fitting.

That said, I will download and test it as soon as I get home from work.

Edit: Durr... Me math no think can...

Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:51 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Sweet fancy santa this is a seriously good mod, but the bolters dont feel quite right, I have included a bolter with explosive rounds you can use for coding examples.

Attachments:
File comment: Bolter with exploding bullets
Bolter.rte.rar [4.17 KiB]
Downloaded 381 times
Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:27 pm

psythrone wrote:
411570N3 wrote:
...bolter bullets are probably big enough to see due to the fact that they're almost fist sized....

Not according to the 40k Wiki:

Argument that comes up in all imperium related threads on every forum about mods

Edit: manditory thread slap in the face

look, the plasma pistol already explodes like a bolter should, and you know what? it kills doors in 2 hits, and the bolters already explode people's chests, so they don't need to *actually* explode, they still make things explode.

They also don't need to include actual propelent just do this

Code:
Mass = whatever the mass already is
   GlobalAccScalar = 0
   AirResistance = 0

This means they will never fall or slow down unless they hit something, which means, no need for propellant.

Yes, making them mini missiles is cool and true, but it lags like hell when you have the correct rate of fire which is like over 9000 rounds per minute

Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Se7en wrote:
Sweet fancy santa this is a seriously good mod, but the bolters dont feel quite right, I have included a bolter with explosive rounds you can use for coding examples.

How do I make this work?

Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:14 pm
Profile WWW

'k, I'd like to say something to all the Warhammer fans out there, and I think Ivan will agree with me. Just because it's "realistic" to the Warhammer cannon, we're not gonna ruin perfectly good mods just so that everything is properly overpowered. Not to mention, Warhammer has never officially fought CC factions, so how do you know what the robots are made of or how much genetic enhancements your average clone has. Sure, it says "AK47", but how do you know it's not firing things just as complex and unnessasarially powerful as a Bolter does?

Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:59 pm

Solace wrote:
'k, I'd like to say something to all the Warhammer fans out there, and I think Ivan will agree with me. Just because it's "realistic" to the Warhammer cannon, we're not gonna ruin perfectly good mods just so that everything is properly overpowered. Not to mention, Warhammer has never officially fought CC factions, so how do you know what the robots are made of or how much genetic enhancements your average clone has. Sure, it says "AK47", but how do you know it's not firing things just as complex and unnessasarially powerful as a Bolter does?

Damn right.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:08 pm

Because the Ronin are normal humans and they can beat coalition.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:44 pm

Location: In my secret cave. In Ontario South of, wait a minute!
Solace wrote:

It's about damn time that someone said this.

I'm sick of most of the people in this thread whining of how underpowered the bolters are, it's a great mod so stop moaning about the tiny little flaws.

They aren't really flaws Ivan just doesn't want a walking doomsday machine.

Also Boba, this game is still in a beta. Did you ever think Data were going to give the Clones a boost?

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:45 pm

Well, Space Marines ARE walking doomsday devices, but that's besides the point.
Data never mentioned what they were going to do with the clones right now, but the Ronin are a race, and that means that they will be able to defeat the clones and dummies.
They're normal humans, not even trained. The Space Marines wouldn't even have to blink to kill them.
And Bolters are Semi-auto by the way.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:03 pm

We NEED TEH ALIENS WIT THE MELE WEAPONS AND ACID!!!

Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:20 pm

Quote:
Solace wrote:

Boba_Fett wrote:
Because the Ronin are normal humans and they can beat coalition.

Excellent argument, but best counter. Ronin Are normal humans, therefor coalition are no more modified than real life military. aside from the computer in the brain thing.

deathbal101 wrote:
We NEED TEH ALIENS WIT THE MELE WEAPONS AND ACID!!!

There called Tyranids, and you should get to know them better. they had guns too.

Check list :
Space marines (check-ish)
--Terminators, Dreadnoughts, various tanks
Chaos Marines
Dæmon hunters
Witch hunters
Inquisitors
Imperial Guard
Tyranids
Eldar
Dark Eldar
Orks : Check
Dæmons of chaos (now there own army. full of win)
Tau (whoever does this, please don't make them japanese like in dawn of war)
Squats (Yes i remember them)

Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
Better than Darkstorm.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:02 pm

i wasnt a fanboy, as a matter of fact, i had not ever played the game. i just liked the art style.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:19 pm

Location: In my secret cave. In Ontario South of, wait a minute!
deathbal101 wrote:
i wasnt a fanboy, as a matter of fact, i had not ever played the game. i just liked the art style.

Don't worry, it seems Miles doesn't understand what sarcasm is.

Maybe he does, Miles are you being sarcastic.

It's so hard to understand e-sarcasm... :P

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:24 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next