View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next
 WH40k basic space marines. 

Post Re: WH40k basic space marines.
Indeed.
I'd like to see some non-fail Guardsmen, staying true to the table top like mah home boyz

Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:45 am

DLed. for the record they can't make up there mind on the kickback of bolters, it changes book to book.

fantastic sprites. and now for the most epic battle in CC. Bears faction Vs Space Marines. Ivans vs ivans

Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:50 am
Profile YIM WWW

I'm really enjoying the mod! :D

However I'm having issues finding out how to replace the skirmish waves with marine waves.
is there a FAQ or a help doc on how to create custom skirmish .ini files?

I'm new BTW, hello :D

Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:55 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Oh man... this is too awesome! I'm gonna make me some Black Templars!

Now, as for some points of improvement, I think the bolt pistol could do with a smaller magazine-I think 10 would do well, along with all the other additional suggested changes to the bolt weapons in general (stronger round, aesthetic explosions, etc).

phatcat wrote:

However I'm having issues finding out how to replace the skirmish waves with marine waves.

Is that you, most revered founder of SMOD: Tactical?!

To answer your question, take a look at this page in the wiki:

http://www.datarealms.com/wiki/index.php/Activities.ini

Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:37 am

The other thing that is SORT OF undecided is how useful las rounds are against Space Marines, In Some books, A Squad of 10-12 Guardsmen Firing concentratingly on a group of say 7 space marines. They will kill about 3 of them. In other books the lasers just bounce of not even scorching the paint. My Suggestion to Ivan is that He ups the Armor on these guys a tad bit so that smg and AK rounds will only OCCASIONALLY pierce the armor.... however you do that that is....

Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:56 am
Profile YIM

I just downloaded the mod and I must say it's great! Alot of detail in the sprites, nice sounds from Dawn of War and all that. Nice weapons and overall cool stuff!

Although it might not be up to fluff as Vash said, that small caliber weapons should only occasionally pierce the armor, I think it's quite nice that in CC they aren't walking death machines against regular weaponry, makes it more balanced. Gonna see if I can play againt a friend and have some matches where you only are permitted to 1-2 space marines, see how that goes.

And the droppod is awesome, easy and fast, unloads like a charm! :)

Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:12 am

Ok, after playing with it and not just looking at it, which I could do for ages, The actors are awesome. I think everyone agrees that your sprite work here is fantastic but after using all the weapons I found them to be above par, which is very good. but not amazing. The bolter was just a Machine gun, the Plasma gun's effect was decent But I think I could be done better. The Melta, imo, would work better as a 'ray gun' weapon. I'm personally not a fan of the elongated muzzle flash.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:20 am

Blaster Rifle, I found out the hard way, works best as a shotgun IMHO. It's the muzzle, I think. It rapes itself into itself. It also slaps you, and rapes whatever you just shot at in that close of a range.

Also. Melta gun's ray seems to pass through walls without doing damage to anything past the barrier of the wall. Rapes the wall, but I gotta wait for it to pass through before it rapes things that are trying to ♥♥♥♥ kill me. What up with that.

Bolter doesn't feel like the bolter to me. Gotta put that out there. Dunno why, just doesn't. Don't think you can help that though.

Love the mod, btw. Good fun is had here.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:05 am

ComikRadd wrote:
Also. Melta gun's ray seems to pass through walls without doing damage to anything past the barrier of the wall. Rapes the wall, but I gotta wait for it to pass through before it rapes things that are trying to fudge kill me. What up with that.

That happens because it's a muzzleflash laser - the beam is actually a muzzleflash whilst invisible particles do the damage. The other option which is now possible is the "raygun" approach where emmiters are used to make wide laser beams. Which has been suggested by Bob...
kamakazibob wrote:
The Melta, imo, would work better as a 'ray gun' weapon. I'm personally not a fan of the elongated muzzle flash.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:16 am
Profile WWW

making it a widelaser as opposed to a muzzleflash weapon would also make it much more dangerous, which is fairly true to the original weapon.

Also, I'm thinking of attempting to make a bolter in CC which actually functions the same way as the bolters are meant to in WH40K, as opposed to Ivan's big machinegun approach.

HDFirearm Fires -> AEmitter which emits something to propel it
AEmitter is explosive.
Just like in real life, this keeps the recoil fairly low compared to weapons of the same calibre (which is meant to be something stupid like .75)

Logic is simple enough, getting it to work properly isn't.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:44 am

NO-GO wrote:
Oh man... this is too awesome! I'm gonna make me some Black Templars!

Now, as for some points of improvement, I think the bolt pistol could do with a smaller magazine-I think 10 would do well, along with all the other additional suggested changes to the bolt weapons in general (stronger round, aesthetic explosions, etc).

phatcat wrote:

Is that you, most revered founder of SMOD: Tactical?!

To answer your question, take a look at this page in the wiki:

http://www.datarealms.com/wiki/index.php/Activities.ini

The same. :3
But I have handed things over to Onemanshow!
Thanks for playing SMOD: Tactical! I love to hear from my fans ^^

Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:06 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Exalion wrote:
Also, I'm thinking of attempting to make a bolter in CC which actually functions the same way as the bolters are meant to in WH40K, as opposed to Ivan's big machinegun approach.

HDFirearm Fires -> AEmitter which emits something to propel it
AEmitter is explosive.

You mean like this? :D

Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:36 am

I do believe you should talk with ivan...
I think it's possible to do shells that orientate themselves properly now, so that would be a good idea seeing as bolter bullets are probably big enough to see due to the fact that they're almost fist sized....

Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:40 am
Profile WWW

Well the problem is that those smoke effects are quite a bit larger than fist size and kinda cover up the bolts until it about runs out of juice.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:49 am

Isn't it possible just to turn them off?

Back OT: The dropship occasionally fails to self detonate, such as when I tried testing your incomplete terminator. No big deal but still removes a little polish...

Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:53 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next