View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 New Faction - The Enclave. Last Ver. 01/26/09, 3:49 PM 

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Post Re: New Faction - The Enclave. Last Ver. 01/26/09, 3:49 PM
In a nutshell, here's what I think should go in the next release(s)

PPK12 Gauss Pistol
Glock 86 Plasma Pistol(Change the name!)
Minigun Take your pick of images!
The Rocket or MissileLauncher!
And last, but most certainly not least,the Plasma Grenade!
And you could have for a dropship, the VB-02 Vertibird! Not very airtight, but neither is the helichopter delivery drop pod (can't remember where that is in this forum, soz) or the helichopter itself.
President Henry Eden as a brain.
A scientist as a secondary brain, in case you don't want that feeling of horrible horror as you realise the enclave leader is effectively dead. Would, of course, also be on legs.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:23 pm

okay, now that i've actually used them a few times i'd like to say a few things.

The actors are UNDERpowerd.

If i give them more than 2 guns, and they fall 30+ pixels, they explode in a bloody mess. and I mean any 2 rifles included in this mod.

2ndly the weapons are OVERPOWERD. I grabbed the last one, that machine gun thing that shoots that red crap. I went in the tutorial mission dropped down in the bunker, and opened fire on the 3 dummies.

Killed them all and tore a 2x3 INCH hole (640X480 res)

Wonderful idea, but the execution... just no.

Balance people, not blind praise because someone tried to duplicate something you like. Theres no way can any machinegun that fires any weapon, vaporize several feet of carbon steel and titanium, in a fraction of a second, if it did, bases would be made of adamantium and magical superscience, or there wouldn't be a point to using a base, at which point an atlatl is just as good.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:38 am
Profile YIM WWW

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think lasers are really, really hot. And Gatling guns fire really, really fast. Is it any wonder you tore a hole in the ground? Nevertheless, in the next version I'll try to fix this problem.

And also, about the actor being crushed thing, I don't know what you're talking about, because I was holding the Gatling Laser and the Plasma Rifle at the same time and he came out of it fine after about a 35+ pixel drop.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:33 am

Lasers are basically concentrated fire, and campfires don't dig 50ft holes in the ground. :P

Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:35 am

Solace wrote:
Lasers are basically concentrated fire, and campfires don't dig 50ft holes in the ground. :P

Say wha?
Lasers are intensely focused radiation...

If you had a powerful enough laser you probably could vaporise the organic matter in soil, creating a hole in direct proportion to the amount of combustible and/or vaporisable material present.

BEANME wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think lasers are really, really hot. And Gatling guns fire really, really fast. Is it any wonder you tore a hole in the ground? Nevertheless, in the next version I'll try to fix this problem.

In actuality, the only reason you would make a gatling laser is to distribute the heat across the barrels unless more than one barrel is firing simultaneously. In effect you get a lower rate of fire than a continuous beam...

Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:57 am
Profile WWW
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
BEANME wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think lasers are really, really hot. And Gatling guns fire really, really fast. Is it any wonder you tore a hole in the ground?

In the world of CC modding, we generally call that shitty coding.

I hope you're planning on making the sprites bigger too.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:47 am

For ALL the lasers and plasma i think you should reduce the mass and give a lot of sharpness because from all the references i have (Mass Effect, Starwars, Quake, etc.), the only laser capable of making holes in the ground or in bases is a super huge and concentrated mining laser, not a portable gatling laser gun...

Still a nice mod! The sprites are pretty good but the actors needs a resize.

Last edited by deathbringer on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:54 am

Solace wrote:

walking back and to on the spot doesnt dig into the ground either :p

dont argue real logic against game logic my friend, makes no sense :???:

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:57 am

Concentrated fire? Focused radiation?

D :

And I though lasers were a very powerful light or something.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:12 pm

numgun wrote:
Concentrated fire? Focused radiation?
D :
And I though lasers were a very powerful light or something.

Wikipedia wrote:
Light, or visible light, is electromagnetic radiation of a wavelength that is visible to the human eye
Wikipedia wrote:
The word laser originated as an acronym for light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation. The word light in this phrase is used in the broader sense, referring to electromagnetic radiation of any frequency, not just that in the visible spectrum. Hence there are infrared lasers, ultraviolet lasers, X-ray lasers, etc.

Concentrated fire could ostensibly be in referral to infrared lasers, very powerful light could refer to lasers emitting in the visible spectrum, but a laser can be nearly any form of concentrated radiation.
Anyway, what in particular are you working on now BEANME?

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:24 pm
Profile WWW

I hate pointing out when People say stupid things.

Both of you are wrong.

411570N3 wrote:
Solace wrote:

Say wha?
Lasers are intensely focused radiation...

If you had a powerful enough laser you probably could vaporise the organic matter in soil, creating a hole in direct proportion to the amount of combustible and/or vaporisable material present.

It is not concentrated fire, that's retarded
It is not concentrated Radiation either, The closest to that is a Maser, which uses microwaves.

Laser
light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation.

That is to say, Light, that, through use of radiation, is amplified, Then, the Amplified light is what leaves the laser-device.

And also to reply, I didn't eat through Dirt I ate through Concrete and metal like it wasn't there.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I meant it was basically concentrated fire in effect, not nature. The actual functioning of a real laser is to heat things up at a distance, not to poke holes through it.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:13 pm

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
I hate pointing out when People say stupid things.
Laser
light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation.

That is to say, Light, that, through use of radiation, is amplified, Then, the Amplified light is what leaves the laser-device.

And also to reply, I didn't eat through Dirt I ate through Concrete and metal like it wasn't there.
411570N3 wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:
The word laser originated as an acronym for light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation. The word light in this phrase is used in the broader sense, referring to electromagnetic radiation of any frequency, not just that in the visible spectrum. Hence there are infrared lasers, ultraviolet lasers, X-ray lasers, etc.

Did you read my post?
And I agree, the terrain wouldn't be eaten through that quickly even if it were made of ice or another purely vaporisable material...

Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:05 am
Profile WWW

Your arguing about real logic in a game were you got zombies, clones, peoples brains in jars and other weird things kinda defeats the point?

Lasers are just focused beams one light, we have them alread but not to the point were it will burn a hoe through a person.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:54 am

Metal_militia wrote:
Lasers are just focused beams one light
411570N3 wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:
Metal_militia wrote:
we have them alread but not to the point were it will burn a hoe through a person.
Wikipedia wrote:
The Northrop Grumman High Energy Laser for Rockets, Artillery and Mortars (HELRAM) system is a ground-based directed energy weapon ... able to shoot down mortar bombs, rocket-propelled mortar bombs, artillery shells and artillery rockets by pointing a high-energy laser beam at them, thereby causing them to explode in the air.

- Lasers may be composed of any form of radiation, not just light.
- Current laser technology is capable of melting metal, but is not yet practical

So BEANME, what are you working on at the moment?

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next