View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:53 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 New Faction - The Enclave. Last Ver. 01/26/09, 3:49 PM 

Post New Faction - The Enclave. Last Ver. 01/26/09, 3:49 PM
Hello friends. It is finally finished. My own faction. I have decided to use the Enclave, appearances stemming from the recent video game, Fallout 3.

BACK-STORY

The Earth has become a lost cause. With horribly irradiated air, the raw water unfit for any being to survive, and the filtered water still flooded with radiation, the Empire of the Capital Wasteland needed a backup plan.
That plan was outer space. It took nearly three years, but eventually the probes happened upon this contested planet. It seemed to be teeming with resources, and was hospitable to small creatures such as crabs. President Eden eagerly sent a small recon group to scout the land, and perhaps set up perimeters for the first building. The scout group was on the surface for ten minutes, then the signal went dead.
A platoon of soldiers was sent only to find that the scouts had been killed by a group of strange orange beings, holding a strong resemblance to crash-test dummies used to test some of their Vertibirds - wielding magazine-fed weapons. The creatures had no faces, yet they opened fire on the soldiers as they approached.
The creatures were quickly dispatched.
The Enclave Soldiers did more scouting of the area, as odds told that there were most likely more of them. They did not find more Dummies, but they found humans. Hostile humans, who also engaged them on sight.
The platoon did not survive.
President Eden then ordered a complete cleanse of the planet in order for it to be conquered for the Enclave, and the American dream.

THE SOLDIERS

The Enclave Soldier, shown in the middle and right, is the most common, yet well-trained soldier in the Enclave army. Remarkably perceptive, and trained to be alert even in emergency situations, the brain and brawn of an Enclave Soldier is a force to be reckoned with.

The Tesla Soldier, shown left, has received more intense physical and mental training, and wears the superior Tesla Armor, which uses an electric current, taken from the pack on the back, to power its main functions, including improving the soldier's strength.

THE ARMORY

The weapons that have been chosen for the conquering of the planet is as follows:

The AER9 Laser Rifle

Mostly used by the common Enclave Soldier, this rifle fires a beam of concentrated energy at enemies with deadly accuracy.

The AEP7 Laser Pistol

A standard-issue weapon for all Enclave personnel, it fires a laser that is slightly weaker than the Laser Rifle's, but makes up for it with its large cell size.

The Enclave Plasma Rifle

Usually only used by Tesla Soldiers or other privileged personnel, the Enclave Plasma Rifle fires a deadly blob of superheated plasma at foes.

The Enclave Plasma Pistol

Working on the same mechanism as its Rifle Counterpart, yet still weaker, the Plasma Pistol is most commonly used by Enclave Officers (coming soon).

The Pulse Grenade

Sends out a short pulse of deadly energy in about a 3-foot radius.

The Gatling Laser

Without question the heaviest weapon in the Enclave's arsenal, the Gatling Laser fires concentrated lasers at high speeds. With its 240-round cell, this weapon will truly make any Enclave Soldier feel lucky. Its only drawback is its ludicrous accuracy.

JOIN THE ENCLAVE TODAY.

(Also, I would really appreciate it if anyone could make animated GIFs for this mod. My computer refuses to do so. Thanks in advance.)
If there is any problem at all with this mod, or if something doesn't look right, PLEASE TELL ME SO I CAN FIX IT.
I don't want to go through all this work just to have it get buried.

TIMELINE:

Version 1.00: ... YAY!

Attachments:
File comment: The Faction. Please Enjoy?
The Enclave.rte.rar [754.41 KiB]
Downloaded 1179 times

Last edited by BEANME on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:49 pm

Post Re: New Faction - The Enclave. Last Ver. 01/26/09, 3:49 PM
Uhh, the sprites need some shading, and some more detail.

Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:55 pm

Uhhh, 'kay, I'll try to work on that in the next version.

Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:57 pm

Try reducing the amount of rectangles in your weapons, add notches and variation, you only need a little before it stops looking 'blocky'. Also, try dithering instead of just pillow shading... by that I mean having dispersion of different coloured pixels... like a chessboard of two colours will appear to be the colour in between - with proper ratios you can do some nice shading and make it appear to be colours not in the pallette...

EDIT: Not your fault, but the soldiers look like cats to me...

Last edited by 411570N3 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:02 am
Profile WWW

Thanks a whole ♥♥♥♥ lot for the virus.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:03 am

That's interesting. I've seen it done but I never actually implemented it into my mods. I should do that.
I'll probably use it in future releases, and when I'm making the Vertibird Dropship.

Brainwashed wrote:
Thanks a whole fudge lot for the virus.

Excuse me, what?

EDIT: I'm scanng it now with my antivirus...
Brainwashed, for the love of God, it was a COOKIE. Relax. It's not going to kill your computer.
If your antivirus picks it up, just check what it is first, don't pull that crap and kill my chances of getting any downloads.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:04 am

Sprites. SPRITES. SPRITES.

They look like raccoons.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:20 am

Actually, they're not too bad. Just add some texture to the top of the head as opposed to a smooth curve, and a down angle and it will simultaneously look better and less cat/raccoonish

Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:29 am
Profile WWW

shading and shapes need work, especially in the weapons. they all look pretty blocky, and because of that hey draw no interest. blockyness is different to "angular design", which is great. just try to expand on your shapes more, to avoid the "generic" feel.
also, the shading on the lines of the gatling laser is way off. shading is where shadows are, and outlines should not get lighter towards the bottom of the weapon, they should get darker. also, you're making the same spriting errors as shook: you need more useless detail to add intrest to your sprites. the coalition helmet for instance, has flecks of discolouration on it, and this prevents it from becoming "flat" and also seeming "boring". the dummy arm has an orange stripe over an otherwise grey boring shape. without the stripe, the arm has no character. with the stripe, it is definitely a dummy arm. you're doing things like that with the cat ear things, but try to expand on it a bit.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:34 am
Profile WWW

Geti wrote:
shading and shapes need work, especially in the weapons. they all look pretty blocky, and because of that hey draw no interest. blockyness is different to "angular design", which is great. just try to expand on your shapes more, to avoid the "generic" feel.
also, the shading on the lines of the gatling laser is way off. shading is where shadows are, and outlines should not get lighter towards the bottom of the weapon, they should get darker. also, you're making the same spriting errors as shook: you need more useless detail to add intrest to your sprites. the coalition helmet for instance, has flecks of discolouration on it, and this prevents it from becoming "flat" and also seeming "boring". the dummy arm has an orange stripe over an otherwise grey boring shape. without the stripe, the arm has no character. with the stripe, it is definitely a dummy arm. you're doing things like that with the cat ear things, but try to expand on it a bit.

That's sound advice.
Props, Geti. Good to know you aren't afraid of those ever-dangerous Cookies.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:36 am

BEANME wrote:
Brainwashed wrote:
Thanks a whole fudge lot for the virus.

Excuse me, what?

EDIT: I'm scanng it now with my antivirus...
Brainwashed, for the love of God, it was a COOKIE. Relax. It's not going to kill your computer.
If your antivirus picks it up, just check what it is first, don't pull that crap and kill my chances of getting any downloads.

I would like to restate what I have said. I don't know what happened, but as soon as I put your mod in my cc folder and started cc, it crashed and avast told me there was a virus in the folder.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:38 am

And yet nobody else has posted with the same problem. Please, if something like that happens, hold your tongue, or PM me. Don't kill my publicity this way.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:41 am

Sorry then. If a mod would be so kindly as to remove my earlier posts.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:41 am

BEANME wrote:
And yet nobody else has posted with the same problem. Please, if something like that happens, hold your tongue, or PM me. Don't kill my publicity this way.

Got the same problem. This mod made Avast! go batshit over everything CC-related, including the installer.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:51 am

-_-"

Hint: Link is important...

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:55 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next