View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:13 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Caldarr Fire Clan Weaponry 

Post Caldarr Fire Clan Weaponry
Fire Clan weaponry.
Blaser:
Low Velocity Sidearm.18 Rounds, Fast reload.
Good sidearm for tight situations.
Offhand version included.
Avenger:
Mean minigun, This thing rapes. And it rapes hard.
12 gauge Shotgun:
Its a shotgun. Really.
Exitus:
Powerful long-range Anti-Armor/Anti-Personnel sniper Rifle. Good penetrating power.
Inferno:
High-Velocity cluster rocket launcher. Can be used to fire either in straight line, or as a mortar.
Be careful of strong explosion. Not recommended to use at point-blank range.
Raptor VI:
Recoiless SMG. its pretty weak but it have fast reload and good ROF.
Reaper:
Powerful Anti-Tank rifle and Bunker-Buster.
(This thing was a gunsword, but at some point of modification it stopped worked as intended so its now a bunker-buster.)
Quoter:
Impact grenade launcher. Mediocre range, fast firing, good explosion. Hovever, its armor-piercing capabilities are bad.
Plasma Cannon:
Shoots a blob of cold plasma.
Its a mass based weapon, which knock off most of infantry, hovever its piercing capabilities are little to no.
AB Bomb.
A bunker buster bomb with 10 seconds fuse. Plant it and run away or pick it up and run to your enemy. Recommended to use in crowded enclosed place, but its explosion is great for using outside too.
Melter:
Its a 26 barrel digger. Shoop-da-fudging-whoop.
Beam Saber:
Good offhand melee weapon, its extreme firepower compensates its little range.
(Its a weapon version of melter.)
Prism Cruise Missle.
Its a bunker busting rocket. It penetrates the bunker outer shell and clears whatever is inside of it.

Attachments:
ClusterRocket.rte.rar [930.51 KiB]
Downloaded 530 times
Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:57 am

Post Re: Caldarr Fire Clan Weaponry
Judging from the pictures, the offsets are ♥♥♥♥.

Anywho downloading.

E1:

First impression. References to null.bmp in devices.
brb fixing.

E2:

Alright. Big weapons are impossible to pick up. Offsets suck.

Sprites are pretty good, if you did them yourself. They don't really fit in though.

The Imperial 12 gauge has a nice reload time, but the shots seem lazy and slow. Almost fires in an arc.
The dual Blasers are pretty much boring. Again, there is no sense of power when firing the weapons, just a bland sound and ugly bullets with brown/red traces.
I'm not sure if I get the plasma cannon. It shoots solid balls of something that just hit the wall and stay there. So pretty much a cannonball launcher. Bad sounds don't help either.
Avenger minigun. Great bulletspam with a horrendous sound. No thanks. Terminator shat "briks"? More like laughed when he saw how you held it.
The ReaperBB is actually pretty fun. Works like a railcannon, shoots through the terrain pretty well. Again, bad offsets and sound.
Raptor VI. Meh. Bad sound, ok sprite, doesn't work well.
Inferno Rocket Launcher. OH GOD THE LAG WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYanyway the explosion is bad. Ugly. Laggy. Sprite needs darker outlines, mind fixing that?
Quoter Impact Grenade Launcher is the best weapon of the pack. Shoots in a good arc, offsets are ok. Maybe tone down the explosion range a bit? Will easily hit your guy. Sprite is a bit bland.
The bunker breacher charge has a laggy explosion, and it breaches maybe 1.5 walls. 10 seconds of fuse time is overkill. Tone it down.
Exitus sniper. Sprite is nice, looks like a bolt-action rifle. Sound is bad, again, and the shots pierce a bit too much terrain. Use mass instead of sharpness to deal damage.

So pretty much fix your offsets, find better sounds and try to reduce the laggyness of the explosives and it will blend right in with the other mediocre mods.

E3:Oh my! Almost forgot the bunker buster. Penetrates and annihilates. Don't get that one wrong.
Same problem as with the other explosions, choppy.

Not gonna check out the beamsword anymore, when I stepped on it my legs exploded and I already deleted the mod.

Last edited by Kallemort on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:49 am

DL? Not me.

Offsets are bad. The sprites doesn't look bad, but doesn't fit into CC's vanilla sprites at all. These gotta improve b4 I DL this.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:58 am

Offsets are off, sprites look pretty bad-ish, at least the shading is wrong. And the looks of the weapons don't fit CC too well.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:32 am

- Make sure the mod loads from a freshly installed CC copy. (E.g. avoid that null.bmp thingy.)
- Apart from the shotgun and blaster all guns seem gigantic.
- Is the palette correct? Some weapons seem a bit awkward coloured.
- The offsets are quite off, as mentioned.

Keep on improving it though! :grin: It's a good start.
I'd start with making the guns a bit smaller, more fitting for tiny hands. After that, try to improve the offsets. (They're a pain, I know.)

Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:18 pm

I think the Wepons are too big. Make them smaller. The offsets are bad, look at the Short Offset Tut in Wiki (http://www.datarealms.com/wiki/index.ph ... _Tutorials). But that modbasis is maybe the beginning of something big.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:38 pm

the melee weapon looks like a penis in the screenshot you gave us. work on the sprites and the offsets. the guns are a bit big. but good descriptions. my fav was plasma cannon then the impact grenade launcher.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:01 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]