View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Cryo Weaponry 

Post Cryo Weaponry
So basicaly this is 2 guns and 2 grenades. Have fun.

Pixorz for clicksorz:

Our sales executive presenting new high pressure cannon:
Our sales executive shooting ice cannon:

1.Our sales executive is about to throw cryo nade:
2.After explosion:
(Don't belive in advertisings, its crashed dummy rocket which had few grenades on board)

Ps. I'm still not very motivated to continue this, I have better things to do to be honest. But maybe in future I will do something involving sticky particles (if I'm very bored that is).

Attachments:
File comment: New Cannon
CryoWorks.rte.rar [262.69 KiB]
Downloaded 931 times

Last edited by janekk on Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:31 am

Post Re: Cryo Weaponry
cool ill take a look

Edit: this is great, the gun is awesome but the bombs need some fine tuning.(overall its very well done)

Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:03 am

Yeah bombs need some work, overall all of this needs work and I'm affraid its beyond my ability and moding tutorial by Lord Tim and I don't have patience to figure out what does what. There are few things that are not like I wanted, for instance there is supposed to be reload anim on gun but for some reason it all goes so fast you can't notice and slowing it down to even ridilicous amounts does nothing, bombs on the other hand suffer from particles getting stuck in ground, thus lowering effectivness of blast as it all goes upwards (thats why ridilicous speed of particles - to made it somewhat useful, also because of that bigger ice shard gib in air and it looks not that good), other thing is that bomb is supposed to release handfull of smaller bombs and rain whole area in shards but no matter what I was trying to do timer wasn't working, so i made them gib on release.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:29 am

Sounds like the problems you're having is the kind of stuff that even the best modders have problems with. A few of those are known engine bugs.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:02 am

You've got a good start, but I'm not sure what to say if you don't intend to improve it or make anything else...

Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:58 am

good fora first mod but every mod requires an explanation. and use the "dont post your first mod rule. post your 10th" or whatever the rule is.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:55 am
Profile WWW

Love em'

Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:40 am

Since you guys like mod so much I finished other cannon. It rapes but is fun. Don't expect more comming.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:34 pm

janekk, your a new modder with a recently released mod that people actually enjoy playing with. wouldnt you want to build on it?

Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:22 am
Profile WWW

i think this mod is quite polished(other than unavoidable engine bugs) this is good enough and fair enough to actually be added into the game(perhaps for whitebots?)

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:52 am

Manticore wrote:
i think this mod is quite polished(other than unavoidable engine bugs) this is good enough and fair enough to actually be added into the game(perhaps for whitebots?)

Whoa you're going a little bit too far. Add it to game? If it would be possible Darklones would be in game for quite few builds already and as matter of fact this mod is not polished that much (for instance offsets could be better, it looks weird when actors holding guns are prone or with non vanila actors ).

Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:00 pm

Its very polished actually, I admit ive seen the idea around a bit but this ones the best ive seen. Yeah the offsets looked a tad weird on a non vanilla but hey it works and it seems to clog my open holes in my base well enough. All in all a good mod id be happy to see it continued

Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:57 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 12 posts ]