View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:06 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Dreaded Faction 

Post Re: Dredle Gun
Yeah, I had planned a huge defense system to defend against my enemy "The Flamers". I'm very good at using it.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:24 pm

Post Re: Dreaded Faction
BUMP

User was warned for being obnoxious.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:48 am

This mod does not deserve a bump. You added a gray coalition. Big deal.

(♥♥♥♥. I bumped it, didn't I?)

Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:53 am
Banned

Nope, it's on March 4, and this is on March 5.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:49 am

Post Re: Dredle Gun
Meteormike wrote:
Mmmmhmmm. Okay. Now give us a link to all the mods you've submitted, oh. You can only post your 10th mod.
All your mods currently made now plox.

Ok, I'm a bit late for the ♥♥♥♥ flinging contest, but you don't have a point there. It goes back to the good old saying of "You don't have to be a chef to call someone's soup ♥♥♥♥". Simon Cowell can't sing, yet he judges other peoples' singing.

And Zalo makes proof-of-concept mods, he doesn't polish them because he's just throwing these things out there for other people to use and improve on.
This is just another mundane faction mod, with nothing innovative. If you want to get anywhere with modding it has to be either really good-looking or innovative, and this is neither, frankly.

Plus, bumping your own thread will not earn you any respect. You recoloured a coalition soldier, quite badly might I add, and threw in a rocket and a gun. If you want people to like your mod, improve it. Otherwise just get a moderator to lock the thread because all people are going to do is either criticize your mod or pretend to like it to seem like the good guy. The former is the only helpful thing, but you seem to insist on ignoring this criticism, instead pretending that everyone's wrong and they just hate you because you're new or whatever.

Here's a tip: Take everyone's advice. Sift through the flaming and find the useful parts - they say your spriting sucks? Go find a spriting tutorial or something, just keep practicing until you get good at it. You won't improve by getting others to do the work for you. If it's just a coalition resprite, it's not gonna be fun to use. I understand that it's not easy to make a mod that's different from all the rest, but it should be less so to make them fun to use and nice to look at. Beef them up a bit or something, I don't know. Just change them so much that they're easily distinguishable from vanilla actors. Take a look at other mods like AAL, Crobos and Diemos Federation. Experiment with different art styles and how the actors function.
Good day

Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:14 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2