View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 DarkDevices inc. 

Post Re: DarkDevices inc.
Whoa :o

That is just an awesome drawing you got there.

anyway, what to expect in the following week: (being kinda optimistic here)

a knife,

a rocket launcher,

and a new hull design and gibs for the dropship.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:15 am
Banned

Okay, problem. The robots keep the standards of the normal ones, making them die if I drop them out of an AAL Titan, which is the only efficient way of getting a lot of men on the ground quickly. Edit the jointstrength, and gibimpulse and gibwound limits. This will help, and make your mod more likeable.
Now, make the elite come with 2 machine pistols, and give the sniper a lasersight (Resprite it to have a scope, if it doesn't, and make it emit a harmless laser) And I will switch to this as my favourite newbie mod. The dropship looks baad, so the new hull design is welcome. The rocket launcher sems nice, but I recommend the polesaw instead of the knife. Combat knife has been done already (Darkstorm) and it didn't work out well.
Make it a weapon with about the same range as the ronin shovel, only it can continuously fire and has unlimited ammo. Make it non duel-wieldable, so you get a decent melee weapon at the cost of protection. This will make the elite the trooper of choice for equipping these, adding to the Star Wars Magna Guard/GOW 2 Locust priest chainstaff-type thing image. PLEASE do the polestaff. It would be so epic as an evil weapon. I don't care if you don't include it until much later, just PUT IT IN. And if you're going to make the knife, make it a shield so it can be wielded with the standard pistol.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:17 am

Suggestions noted.

And yeah, a knife is silly when you can have something five times the huge with better effect.

Polesaw it is then.

Edit:
Something like this?
He lands quite off though at that height, but he lived to crash another day.

Last edited by Brainiac on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:43 am

These are pretty cool. Great job, I'd like to see more.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:47 am

Okay, got the sprites for the polesaw ready.

Which do you like the most? (Personally i like #1 best.)

#1:Image

Or #2:Image

So. just tell me via post or pm and ill count the votes in a day to get the offsets ready.

Edit: I just took the top one.

Last edited by Brainiac on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:24 am

They both look quite nice. Though I slightly prefer the top one. Try moving the red box thingo down a pixel and lengthening the blade by two pixels.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:40 am
Profile WWW
Banned

Yeah, number one. And I didn't see the robot land. I'm talking about impact damage. If you drop the robots from the sky of the tutorial onto the roof of the bunker, they take around 20 damage. Fix plz. Just increase the limits until the is strong as a dummy.
Also, keep asking allen for concept art. He's an epic painter. See examples in the Crow, Bear and Serpent thread.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:37 am

Bladecat4 wrote:
Yeah, number one. And I didn't see the robot land. I'm talking about impact damage. If you drop the robots from the sky of the tutorial onto the roof of the bunker, they take around 20 damage. Fix plz. Just increase the limits until the is strong as a dummy.
Also, keep asking allen for concept art. He's an epic painter. See examples in the Crow, Bear and Serpent thread.

Yes, i already did that.
I increased the limits on it's feet to about 5000 tho.

And, yes i was going to ask him if he can do some more concept art.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:08 am
Banned

Sweet. See you on the other side of the finished mod tunnel!

Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:11 am

Updated with Darklance.

Fiddling around with a concept for a impact grenade launcher.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:36 am
Banned

Nice, but I still think that it should be the polesaw or the chainstaff. And make him point it slightly up, so that it is pointed slightly in the air if you aim it straight forward, just by a few pixels.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:48 am

I think Brainiac can decide the names for the things in his own mod. Anyway, i was asked to sketch up some dropship designs for him and i've done so in the attachment. It's not overly detailed, but the principal of the idea is there.

Attachment:
[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Edit it in whatever way you wish, but i haven't seen a dropship like this yet. It could look really cool.

Also, Brainiac: would you like a more detailed full-scale painting? if so it will take longer, but if you can work from this then i'd just as soon move onto the next thing, design-wise.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:11 pm
Profile WWW

thanks allen.

It may happen thai i'm not going to get any work done today because my cousin is coming over to play
battlefield 2 today.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:48 am

Brainiac wrote:
Okay, got the sprites for the polesaw ready.

Which do you like the most? (Personally i like #1 best.)

#1:Image

Or #2:Image

So. just tell me via post or pm and ill count the votes in a day to get the offsets ready.

Edit: I just took the top one.

First one, definitely. Are you going to make it a 'swing' weapon a la Darkstorm knife or is it going to be a 'Cut through the bastards' kind of weapon like the AAL Pilot's sword?

Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:57 pm

Allen wrote:
I think Brainiac can decide the names for the things in his own mod. Anyway, i was asked to sketch up some dropship designs for him and i've done so in the attachment. It's not overly detailed, but the principal of the idea is there.

Attachment:
darkdevices dropship.jpg

Edit it in whatever way you wish, but i haven't seen a dropship like this yet. It could look really cool.

Also, Brainiac: would you like a more detailed full-scale painting? if so it will take longer, but if you can work from this then i'd just as soon move onto the next thing, design-wise.

Yeah, I'd like to see something like that too. You could make it an ACRocket but still have that shape, that way the AI will land it too.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:00 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next