View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 DarkDevices inc. 

Post Re: DarkDevices inc.
deathbringer wrote:
Wow. The craft looks really really reeeallly weird. But at least its cool and the sprites seems to be very good. I won't DL though because dark corrupted soldiers makes me go "WTF?!".

But nice work! Keep it up!

Well, i wanted something unconventional. so i made it like it is now, dark and everything.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:48 pm

Very nice sprites, and these looks pretty unique, thinks what it would look like a whole big faction of those. they really create a dark feeling.
DLing and testing soon.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:18 pm

Update:
Added Elite, pistol and assaultrifle

Edit: made the Elite distinguishable from the normal robot.

Whaddaya think?

Last edited by Brainiac on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:16 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Boy this sure is a pack of resprites isn't it.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:30 pm

Pretty good resprites, but I'd make a bit more difference between the regular and elite.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:40 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Oh, wait, no, excuse me for a second, I spoke hastily before. These aren't just generic resprites, they're generic, templated resprites.

Brainiac wrote:
Well, the sprites are just avery heavily edited robot 1/2 sprites with some added armor

Oh jesus christ.

Yeah, we can tell. But for those of you who can't (everyone in this topic), here's a little SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON:

Yes, very heavily edited indeed! I mean, those eight recolored pixels on the torso REALLY make it stand out. And you really went over the top making all the units look exactly the ♥♥♥♥ same. The "Elite" doesn't even HAVE a different torso! Instead, it has a helmet...that's its head. Also notice the eight pixel's difference between "Recon" and "DDi".

Also worth noting is the absolute lack of attention to detail. You've got a giant folder with maybe ten sprites that you actually use, a shitton of Base.rte sounds and sprites, and haven't even recolored the GIBS of the damn dropship.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:05 pm

I think the dropship looks ill. I haven't played it, but visually i like where it's going and where it could go.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:07 pm
Profile WWW

Grif wrote:
Oh, wait, no, excuse me for a second, I spoke hastily before. These aren't just generic resprites, they're generic, templated resprites.

Brainiac wrote:
Well, the sprites are just avery heavily edited robot 1/2 sprites with some added armor

Oh jesus christ.

Yeah, we can tell. But for those of you who can't (everyone in this topic), here's a little SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON:

-EXHIBIT A-

Yes, very heavily edited indeed! I mean, those eight recolored pixels on the torso REALLY make it stand out. And you really went over the top making all the units look exactly the fudge same. The "Elite" doesn't even HAVE a different torso! Instead, it has a helmet...that's its head. Also notice the eight pixel's difference between "Recon" and "DDi".

Also worth noting is the absolute lack of attention to detail. You've got a giant folder with maybe ten sprites that you actually use, a crap of Base.rte sounds and sprites, and haven't even recolored the GIBS of the damn dropship.

Wow, turns out I was right about those legs then.

Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:07 am

I really like these sprites. I'm gonna test them now. Oh, and I know that you think that the other forum members are pretty harsh. Don't be discouraged. There like that, and they really just wanna tell you how to improve your mod. You'll just have to deal with it until you become better at modding.

Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:22 am

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
It's an effective enough recolor if it appears to be different at a standard distance. Is the look at 8x magnification or at normal screen size more important?
Could stand for some more unique weapons to make it stand out; drunken rocket artillery, close-combat... something.
Like the dropship, even though it is slightly WIPish.

Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:34 am

The Fat Sand Rat wrote:
It's an effective enough recolor if it appears to be different at a standard distance. Is the look at 8x magnification or at normal screen size more important?

Actually it was pretty obvious to me at normal magnification that basically just the head was modified, and that it was based on the unused 3rd robot head. However, for a first try it's pretty good, and he seems to want to expand and polish what he has now, so I didn't want to be too harsh. >.>

Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:35 am

:smile: A big huge update (mostly in sprites) :smile:

Lot's of new sprites (that's a good thing, right?) and a sniper.

And grif, i did remove the rust from the previous ones, and you forgot to add the chestplates in comparision.

Edit: btw also "recon" was not an actor anymore

Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:01 pm

the dropship still looks like it's just a DSMK2 edit, like it is. make it look different to what we already have.
consider the differences between the 2 vanilla dropships.
the whitebot dropship has a lot more intricate detail, but if you look past that it has 2 vertical facing retro thrusters, and 2 large, bulky normal thrusters; a cockpit hatch and 2 wierd metal balls on the top of the chassis; really thick plate armour, and 2 doors.
the dummy dropship has less detail, and is engineered more simply, with slightly angled (i think) retro thrusters (which would provide a more efficient turning circle), smaller, but equally powerful main thrusters; a very well hidden cockpit hatch and the dummy insignia, as well as very obvious welded seams and thinner, more spherical underside armour, with most of the craft's circuitry being hidden away under 2 large plates, attaching the engines to the craft. it also has 2 hatch doors.
what we can draw from this is that the whitebots are extravagant and have some unknown features on their craft, and the dummies are efficient and practical, with no bells and whistles.
what im trying to get across is that you should design your craft with your faction in mind, not take another factions craft and splatter black.. ribbon? over it.

Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:59 pm
Profile WWW

It's still a wip, i thought about changing the sprites to a more rugged look, but not right now.
Maybe within the next week or so.

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:57 pm

idea:
Attachment:
[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:10 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next