View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:58 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Triad Robotics 

Post Triad Robotics
Image Triad Robotics Image

"The dear potential investors, we introduced that Triad Robotics product new line for you. Battlefield effectiveness was guaranteed, by reasonable price. Our robot and the weaponry are may use are scheduled in all ‘Trade Star’ track merchant. Once orders, delivering short-term will arrive.

Please enjoy our luck product line and best!"

"Brain"

The Triad Executive is well-versed in the art of war. Being human, he is inherently fragile - protect at all costs.

Combat Robots

"Runner": Built on a light, sturdy frame, the Runner excels at scouting and light skirmish missions. Equip with light weaponry.
Cost: 80oz

"Storm Drone": Triad’s core assault automaton. Boasting thick ballistic armor plating, they can march through a hailstorm of bullets and still stand.
Cost: 130oz

"Bulkhead": With an even thicker hull than the Storm Drone, and additional ‘head’ protection, the Bulkhead will reliably hold a defensive position. Consider the Bulkhead a mobile turret.
Cost: 95oz

Weaponry

Three-Shooter: A small and simple revolver-type pistol.
Cost: 15oz
Slinger: Light, one-handed grenade launcher. Grenades travel at a low velocity allowing them to be aimed over obstacles, and will explode on impact.
Cost: 25oz
Triad Rifle: Semi-automatic, long range, simple reload process, light weight, respectable power. Triad Robotics’ standard weapon is highly versatile.
Cost: 30oz
Assault Laser: A customer favorite.
Cost: 45oz
Barrage Cannon: A short-range anti-personnel weapon. The Barrage Cannon blasts scrap metal out in a wide angle.
Cost: 60oz
Storm Capsule: Breach fortifications and invade from all angles. The Storm Capsule will make short work of most materials.
Cost: 15oz

I hope you enjoy the outcome of my short project! Triad Robotics is an original faction, and I tried to keep them as simple as possible (no unnecessary upgrades or replications). I almost built them as a kind of extension to the basic ‘Trade Star’ inventory. Triad Robotics themselves are part of the future corporate empire of China, evolved and integrated with their underground gang culture (Yakuza and such).

Attachments:
Triad.rte.rar [1.14 MiB]
Downloaded 872 times
Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:10 am

Post Re: Triad Robotics
Yakuza are japanese.

Also, sprites are alright, weapons aren't terribly thrilling though

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:09 am

Very nicely done. :) The guns as well; it seems you made a nice trademark style out of them.
The Runner looks a bit strange though, like it's wearing a santa hat. :???:

Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:00 am

Is this faction related to Chinese triad societies (gangsters) in anyway? Coz it has red BG and 3 yellow stars for logo, 'traid' for its name, and seemingly an Asian dude for executive.

Anyway, actor sprites are really cool, though the weapons need more work.

Also, needs balance. The whole mod is well-balanced with vanilla stuff, except that the barrage cannon is too weak. It doesn't even punch through dummies too well so I find no place to use it.

Finally, the defensive robot can use even better armor, since you down graded it's mobility so much (which is good balance).

Last edited by The Decaying Soldat on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:24 am

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
Is this faction related to Chinese triad societies (gangsters) in anyway? Coz it has red BG and 3 yellow stars for logo, 'traid' for its name, and seemingly an Asian dude for executive.
Neuro wrote:
I hope you enjoy the outcome of my short project! Triad Robotics is an original faction, and I tried to keep them as simple as possible (no unnecessary upgrades or replications). I almost built them as a kind of extension to the basic ‘Trade Star’ inventory. Triad Robotics themselves are part of the future corporate empire of China, evolved and integrated with their underground gang culture (Yakuza and such).

I like the weapon sprites, they have a certain 'feeling' about them...
I do agree with Gotcha slightly though, you could probably recolour a pixel or so but I don't think it really matters...

Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:31 am
Profile WWW

Ooo.. looks pretty nice, gotta test this after i get a haircut :)

Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:36 pm
Banned

NEURO IS BACK!
Are you gonna update Legio Machina?(Necro'd mod)
Testing...
Also, Yakuza is Japanese. Just type Mob into a english-chinese translator and you'll have your gang name. Although the Triad is what I though the Chinese Mafia where called...

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:27 pm

looks good...

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:51 pm
Banned

Non mac compatible, I just get a black screen when I try to play.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:11 pm

My mistake on the Yakuza thing :P but you get the idea.

I don't have a clue how to make it compatible with Mac, I'm sorry.

I have no intention of updating Legio Machina, but anyone else can pick it up if they really want to.

I had a heck of a time balancing the Barrage Cannon, seems to be only good against fleshy opponents. I did most testing against Coalition soldiers. Bulkhead could do with a little more armor, maybe I'll update soon. I'll wait for a little more feedback, and some time so I can actually work a little on it :P need to go back to a larger project, this was just a little break. Took longer than I'd hoped.

Thanks for the comments and crits :)

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:42 pm

Look at this. Right here. Look at this mod, people. This is what all low-level corporation mods should be like from now on.

You sir, win an internet for this one-hit wonder.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:55 pm
Banned

Well the Legio Machina is my favourite mod (or was) But can you PLZ put in that droppod you had ready atleast?

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:04 am

Looks good, has great potential.

Just fix that Runner!

EDIT: And, please give your faction at least a rocket or dropship!

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:36 am

This looks somewhat unique to say the least. The sprites DONT look like every other overpowered mod, and i'm taking the comment of "not all that thrilling" to mean "not overpowered like were used to"

DLed.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:48 am
Profile YIM WWW

It looks nice, but it doesn't function that well. The sprites for the executive don't really match up well, and the actors have their health set to '50' or '150' instead of the vanilla health, which is usually looked down upon due to it affecting how much you can sell it back for.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:26 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next