View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:30 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Reap Cannon. 

Post Reap Cannon.
Overpowered reap here. free of charge*! *with a small donation

Thanks for downloading!

Attachment:
[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

oh joy! screens!

l\/l04R SCR33N13S!

Attachment:

Attachment:

Attachment:

oh, yeah, you'll notice the DB101 stuff, well GUESS WHAT!?

GIFS. DOES WANT PLEASE.

Attachments:
Combat Sniper.rte.rar [204.16 KiB]
Downloaded 883 times

Last edited by Disst on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:59 pm

Post Re: Blah blah blah, my second real mod ive released.
Wait wait is this a banme? Or what? I'm confused.
But the gun looks rape-tastic :v Or whatever it is.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:02 pm

well, thanks!

and no this is not a banme. this is a release that will probably get me banned. because im an outcast from these forums.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:09 pm

Come now, that's not the attitude to have. If you feel you'll get flamed needlessly then just refrain from posting your mods, its not worth it to take the hatred when it can be avoided. Secondly, if you personally don't think your mod is up to board standards then don't post it or you're almost certain to get flamed. 3rd if you have a bad attitude then it wont reflect well on you anyways. That's like a self fulfilled prophecy. "If I post crappy stuff and have a crappy attitude then surely they'll get annoyed and flame me, possibly ban me." No duh. You're setting yourself up and you know it.

Look, not everyone here criticizes well or even appropriately. Its the internet, people have opinions and they get all proud and uppity about them and often times lack a certain subtlety and grace. Sometimes they criticize in a way that makes no sense or has no merit just because they want their opinion to be heard, and sometimes they criticize properly and it can be helpful. Don't take it too personally if you get yelled at. Just try to look at the criticizing and see if you actually do any of the things people fault you for, then decide which of those things actually matters or not. For instance, if you get criticized for making mods that don't entirely fit the artistic aesthetic of the game but have good quality and you don't really have to listen to the people who criticize your art style. Some people will like it and some wont. Mods are free so they shouldn't complain as long as the mods are functional and within the general board standards. If you make a mod that has a different art style and it has bad quality and falls below board standards, THEN you would be wise to take the criticism better so that you post proper quality.

This board has quality control because its annoying to see 8 continuous threads of pointless and badly put together mods, and sometimes people post mods that are hard to install or require you to change and add things to the base folder which most people don't want to tamper with for good reason. Don't get caught up in board drama, its not worth it. Just post things that stay within minimum standards, and if people criticize you in a way that isn't warranted then ignore them. And honestly, if it happens so often that you feel outcast then maybe something IS wrong with the way you post or the mods you submit. And if you mods meet minimum standards and you're still being treated badly then you're probably better off just not posting on these forums because they might be full of hooligans. But it has to be one of those two things. Figure out hat it is for yourself, and then decide what to do from there. Don't post mods in despair like this one, do it with pride and do it with standards.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:42 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Sine when are you an outcast? I used to be like you, talking like a seriously depressed person for the sheer drama. Don't do it, it doesn't help. The mod looks epic.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:47 pm
happy carebear mom

Well being an ass about it is certainly not going to get you anywhere. If you want to be respected on the forums, start acting like a member and less like a be-tantrumed toddler. What Phatmonkey said. Public opinion might not be able to get worse, but it certainly could get better if you calmed down.

Now, the mod.
You could fix the names appearing over the explosives by using low GibImpulseLimit MOSRotatings instead of TDExplosives.
You could also make it more enjoyable by making the munitions bounce a bit before exploding. You'd have to make a "breaker" emitter that emitted high mass, high velocity particles after a certain time and attach that to the MOSRot, as well as change the material of the explosive to Air or something else rather bouncy.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:47 pm

that was more directed at clam.

and thanks for the comments.

and im not depressed, i just feel like the majority of the community was a bit decided that i was annoying and dont deserve being here.

anyways, thats not the point. this would have been a normal mod post if i thought i was going to stay not-banned.

EDIT: i made this when i was experimenting with the code im still messing with it. this means its probably going to grow a sprite and become a frankenstiens monster of code.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:54 am

3POK_PHALE wrote:
well, thanks!

and no this is not a banme. this is a release that will probably get me banned. because im an outcast from these forums.

If your an outcast i'm the bloody anti-christ. and no thats not an 'i'd be a monkey's uncle' thing, thats an actual analogy. actually try, and don't half-ass things and you wont get flamed as much.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:03 am
Profile YIM WWW

you dont even get flamed that much anyway. i'd say candlejack was more of an outcast than you. and you should know by now that DRLFF doesnt take that kindly to whining :)

anyway, what duh said, dont use TDExplosives for gibs. MOSRotatings work just as well if made correctly, and will make slightly less lag and also remove all the names.

oh, also, dont type FUDGE. the swear filter will change your cussing to mild incoherance for those with delicate eyes.

Last edited by Geti on Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:44 am
Profile WWW

if you're an oucast i'm a black hole

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:46 am

yeah... i dont know the first thing about MOSRotating.

all i know is that it wont let me use CopyOf

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:58 am

hay 3POK_PHALE,
1) good job having and accurate topic name (its in the rules ya know)
2) if you dont like your mod, then why post it?
3) its the internet your on, do you really expect people to have sympathy for you?
4) if you dont like yourself, how do you expect other people to like you?
5) flaming comes hand in hand with the internet. get used to it.
6) lol your emo

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:58 am
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

3POK_PHALE wrote:
yeah... i dont know the first thing about MOSRotating.

all i know is that it wont let me use CopyOf

You don't usually want to use CopyOf on a MOSRotating (to define it), especially for explosives. They're quite simple, contact explosive MOSRots. They're pretty much TDExplosives without extra crap. Copy the definition of a gib from the dropship or something, change up the mass and sprite, and give it a GibImpulseLimit of 0.01 and some gibs, and away you go.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:06 am

Make this weapon completely lag free and you will have mastered the superweapon and crowned king.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:30 am

that could appearantly be done with MOSRotating.

and i might lower the ammount of glows and explosions trails. i doubled them when i made the gun because i like nice, big explosions.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:04 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next