View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:11 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Emperor's Fists v1.0 (Still WIP) 

Post Re: Emperor's Fists v1.0 (Still WIP)
Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
Criticism

As good as criticism is, and I've been waiting for some..for the most apart you're nit-picking canon and to be perfectly honest.. I could give a rat's ass about that.

In my next update I'm working on lower the sharpness and mass of the weapons ammunition and as for the flamethrower.. I think it's fine but okay sharpness on that can go down too. Also about activities, I don't think people would actually want only one unit with one weapon.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:09 am

Theseus wrote:
Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
Criticism

As good as criticism is, and I've been waiting for some..for the most apart you're nit-picking canon and to be perfectly honest.. I could give a rat's ass about that.

In my next update I'm working on lower the sharpness and mass of the weapons ammunition and as for the flamethrower.. I think it's fine but okay sharpness on that can go down too. Also about activities, I don't think people would actually want only one unit with one weapon.

I'm nit-picking canon, because I know alot of people will scream at you and break your face, to getting the mistake of its the Imperial fists, not emperors. Ork weapons can not be looted, and some things are just mis-named, ALOT.

My critisism on the mod itself, as is, apart from names and descriptions ALL being wrong, the bolter rapes the map, and you can fly with them, and there's to many identical units. the pre-equiped units are kind of pointless. also the last thing, one of your helmets is just yellow boba-fett, and the un-helemeted looks like ivan's and those look like the BF, so its a copy of a copy, and thats just bad.

So ugly face, ugly helmet, or awesome as ♥♥♥♥ assault marine, so I only use the assault marine.

And lastly, as for activities, I know I am planing to make those activities anyway, I suggest you make several activities, and release them all. Personally I know that the AI likes to get close to you, fly at you, and shoot, all at once, as long as the terrain is as un-even as every map in the game, and an assault marine with a flamer lunging at you is one terrifiying sight, and is a pain to dodge out of the way from. but thats a personal preference thing.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Why wouldn't Ork weapons be lootable? Just because Orks can harness the Warp through the WAAAGH doesn't mean that absolutely everything is powered by it. They're not a bunch of god-damn magicians, it just gives them an edge.
The best-known example is the colour red. Orks paint vehicles red because they think it makes them GO FASTA. Because every single Ork actually believes this, they actually DO go faster.
HOWEVER, they still need a ♥♥♥♥' engine.

There was a single short story in which a Techpriest took apart a Shoota and found that it held a Grot and I believe a single spring, but that story has been retconned (i.e, it made no god-damn sense), so yeah, your theory doesn't hold any water.

E: Regarding your other criticisms: Obviously the bolter's different, or else there'd be nothing to set it apart from the one we already have.
Remember that the Imperium is massive. There are literally hundreds of different 'patterns' of weapons- the bolter you're familiar with is one of countless different designs. So no, he's not in the wrong, canonically speaking.
Honestly, I like this mod quite a bit. I'm not a huge fan of the Heavy Plasma gun because it's a little, you know, much, but beyond that, it's pretty solid. Honestly, though, I'd ditch the Scout helmet.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:22 pm

Hamburgler wrote:
Comments

Thank you, you summed up what I meant better. I didn't want to make them perfect to canon, because then they'd be just like Ivan's ..which it's pretty close to now.

The sharpness is fixed and I've ditched the scout head altogether. I plan on updating either later today or tomorrow. I'm glad that people like canon and everything, but if I made it exact to canon, I think that'd be pretty boring. Also I did make the Assault-Marine and Flamethrower activites for the hell out it.

Also, I know it's just a re-sprite, but it's the first damned thing I've sprited so gimi a break there. Spriting is a complete pain when you're used to making things look good with detail, where with sprites, you still need detail but shoved into maybe..5 pixels.

Edit : And also it's not like I just made up the Bolter and Pistol modifications, I actually looked up them up, and saw that they were sortof rare in the fact that they actually prefer long-range and siege combat. So in that spirit, standard arms having longer ranges and more accuracy at the loss of RoF and stopping power makes sense to me. That also ties in with having more sharpness as I'd think a sniper round would need to be sharper.. I just made it too sharp.

First mod, and notice that's a WIP, criticise what I can fix and I probably will :P

Yet another edit but, what the hell should the head look like? It's shaved, stern white-guy.. are all Space Marines black or something and I missed that detail?

Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:11 pm

Nah, theyre just some badass supersoldiers that eat dirt and ♥♥♥♥ concrete.
And have a fudge load of killer weapons. :-o
a.k.a badass clones

Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:07 am

I did not intend on being so angry about it, and yes, I know there are different patterns of guns and vehichles, but from the way you named things, it seemed like your only experience with 40K from reading the descriptions was the game "Space marine" which is just as bad as "Fire warrior". This infuriates me.

Hamburgler wrote:
Why wouldn't Ork weapons be lootable? Just because Orks can harness the Warp through the WAAAGH doesn't mean that absolutely everything is powered by it. They're not a bunch of god-damn magicians, it just gives them an edge.
The best-known example is the colour red. Orks paint vehicles red because they think it makes them GO FASTA. Because every single Ork actually believes this, they actually DO go faster.
HOWEVER, they still need a fudge' engine.

There was a single short story in which a Techpriest took apart a Shoota and found that it held a Grot and I believe a single spring, but that story has been retconned (i.e, it made no god-damn sense), so yeah, your theory doesn't hold any water.

The retcon was specific to that story, because they changed how grots work. If you read ANY of the novels in the black library, which in ANY WAY involve orks, you find that all a shoota is, is a metal box, with some bolts, a spring, and they use washers, bolts, and rocks, as ammo, and they have absolutely NO mention of a way to propel the ammo.

All Orks in the warhammer 40K universe, are stupid, and powerful psychers, that DONT KNOW THAT THERE PSYCHERS. They believe that the gun works, therefor it does. they believe red makes things faster, so it does. They believe that wierd boyz have strange powers that can make there heads explode, so they explode at random. They believe that Yarik is a badass who can kill you with a glance, and therefor HE CAN, Yarik took a NON FUNCTIONING robotic arm from a warboss, and had a tech priest replace his arm with it, and the tech priest told him it wouldn't work, and he explained that it Would work, because the orks believe it will, and therefor it does. If orks stop existing, Yarik will die because they won't be able to believe that any of the things he uses work anymore.

Orks shoot, by simply yelling DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA. Hence the term "More Dakka" I have a fudge ork codex right here. Ork weapons can not function unless an ork is present. Ork vehicles do not work if an ork is not present. The Waaagh makes all "ork technology" work. Without the waaagh, you have piles or rusty metal with paint and wood strapped together with springs, that just sit there. Even after the retcons to the orks, this is still true. The ONLY piece of ork technology I've found that actually works, is Ork Rokkits, because they have solid fuel, and explosive charge. Its sad that rockets are easier to manufacture than a working gun.

And In short, I'm sorry for ranting all the time, but I have backstory, fluff, details, and black library, trying to rape my brain, so when someone contradicts it, it pushes all the wrong buttons. I am sorry.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:14 am
Profile YIM WWW

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
Various information.

I don't mean to be contradicting you or the codex or black library or anything. I'm just saying that I don't want to, nor think it would be as well received if I took it near as seriously as that. Also I never played Space Marine or Fire Warrior or anything else.. I don't even know what those games are.

I just made it all up, as to what I thought would make them different, and maybe fun. Made it up. Just like the Author or that Codex and various authors of the 'Black Library' did.. they made it all up, why the hell can't I.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:55 am

Damnit Man! Take the background discussion to a 40k forum! (Where most of your insane ork ideas will be debunked, mind you.)

I play Ork on TT, I have all the codex's down to 2nd Edition. (The fluff has changed, a lot!

- Orks are grown in the ground
- They augment there crappy tech with warp-based abilities. (AUGMENT)
- They are all PSYKERS, with a "K" not a f*cking "CH".. Psi-KERR!
- You see how I just ripped your face off about a fing game right there? Not fun, and only makes everyone hate you for being a fulff nazi!

BTW, and the Yarrick thing you said is stupid, that's YOUR version of 40k man, just yours.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:07 am
Profile WWW

WH40k nerds make my mind bleed. =.=

itd be nice to see more diversity within these guys, rather than just kinda resprited ivan's marines. a good rendition of a bolter would be cool too, no-one has done one properly. coming from someone who doesnt play, and has only read some crap on the internet because i wanted to know what the hell a bolter was, that should be incentive.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:37 am
Profile WWW

Theseus wrote:
Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
Various information.

I don't mean to be contradicting you or the codex or black library or anything. I'm just saying that I don't want to, nor think it would be as well received if I took it near as seriously as that. Also I never played Space Marine or Fire Warrior or anything else.. I don't even know what those games are.

I just made it all up, as to what I thought would make them different, and maybe fun. Made it up. Just like the Author or that Codex and various authors of the 'Black Library' did.. they made it all up, why the hell can't I.

The only problem I really have is text that takes 30 seconds to change, and doesn't affect gameplay in any way. The only thing it affects is anal-retentive ♥♥♥♥ like myself from going "Gha--*twitch*CONTINUITY ERRORS!!!!"

I can actually IGNORE most of the descriptions, its specifically, the flamer description, and the name. Space marines have this whole 'ordo-xeno' thing of Kill the aliens/xeno, and thus will NEVER use alien tech. EVER, because it is heresy. The name purifier I have no problem with, that's acceptable.

The other problem is that they are painted as Imperial fists, Quite a NICE paint I might add, but then you goofed the name, Imperial became Emperor's. Same meaning actually, but it's a proper name. And to my knowledge the only paint job I've seen for space marines with those colors, isn't a real chapter, the ANGRY marines that /TG/ made on the various #chans. This fact actually makes me want to convert this and have an angry marine mod. but considering the only change would be making the shoulder pad (can't spell the word for it i know its pronounced paul-dune) to have a big ANGRY face, and make the helmet angry, and they'd only use flamers. But there painted exactly the same, and it would be to much of a blatent theft, especially with how bad I SUCK at sprites.

I am telling you this is a GOOD mod, Wonderful sprites, with the exception of the bolter, perfect code, although the flamer is a little to much terrain rape, the space marines are nigh indestructible just like there supposed to be. but its all in a name and makes me spaz out. I'm also spazing that you don't make the absurdly minor change to fix it, but you'll take the time to re-balance it first. I could fix it by myself but its the principal of the thing. And I understand its a work in progress, but do you really need pre-armed marines? Sure its cool, but it floods the buy menu with whats essentially duplicates. I Look forward to this being heavily expanded past what Ivan made. you know, Heavy bolters, Storm bolters, Las canons, auto-cannons, terminators, etc.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:56 am
Profile YIM WWW

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
So i herd u liek walls of text

The name, among some of the other fixes are already in. The only reason I haven't uploaded the newest version is I want to finish my power-sword and storm bolter so it has more content other than just fixing ♥♥♥♥.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:21 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2