View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:37 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Emperor's Fists v1.0 (Still WIP) 

Post Emperor's Fists v1.0 (Still WIP)
Edit : This should be completely compatible and independent from the Space Marines. If there's a problem with compatibility or references please tell me as soon as possible so I can fix it.

So I really liked Ivan's Space-Marines and Gothic's Orks, and I eventually bought Dawn of War while it was on sale via Steam. I ended up really liking the Emperor's Fists so I decided I was going to change around the Space-Marines to my personal likes/dislikes. First lemi give credit to both Ivan for his base, and then I've got a change-log saved some where in my documents.. soon as I find the damn thing.. it's in here somewhere..

(Warning to Warhammer Junkies = This is NOT perfectly canon, although I feel the only place I really went ridiculous was Rambo, but then again, you have seen the Terminators before haven't you?)

Change-Log (Will update as needed)

Actors -
Added 'Equipped Actors'; these actors are Pre-Equipped versions of the standard marines for those who don't like outfitting everyone themselves. Details lower.
Resprited/Recolored the Marines pretty much entirely.
Repriced both standard and Equipped Actors to what I felt would make good balance.
Decided the Scout needed a helmet.
Added Rambo.

Crafts -
Gave Drop-Pod higher integrity, density and mass so it felt less floaty.
Recolored/Added Fist logo.

Weapons -
Dropped Sniper Rifle, Heavy Bolter and all Plasma weapons.
Merged the Heavy Bolter and Plasma coding to make a rather satisfying new weapon, dubbed the Heavy Plasma-Gun.
Changed the Bolter Pistol's coding to be more accurate, have a slower ROF, have larger magizine, but also weigh more and
have a slightly weaker round. Also edited sprite to show this and gave it a longer sharp range. Now Dual-Wieldable.
Changed the Standard Bolter in much the same way as the Bolter pistol.
Activated the Flamer, optimized it's usefulness and made a new sprite for it.
Edited Chain-Sword to be automatic, have a slightly-higher ROF but also less useful as a shield.
Added Rambo Bolter, disabled in the current version except by buying the Rambo actor.
Edited prices of all to reflect the changes and balance.

Misc -
Added 3 seperate activites files.
Cleaned up alot of file-structure. Translated a decent amount of Russian into English.

More to come =
Honestly at this point other than minute changes to balance and adding a Brain unit, I'm hoping for suggestions.

Screenehz!

Information about Equipped Actors and Activities.

First, the equipped marines all have descriptions telling you their armament, if they don't have a description, they are unarmed by default.

Second, to use the activities you'll have to activate one. If you don't know how to do this, open the EF.rte and look for Index.ini

You should see the three Activities folders with // infront of them, simply backspace the // from the one you wish to play with.

Backwater Militia = Spawns 1 Drop-Pod with 2 Bolter Marines and 1 Sergeant at regular intervals.

Full Space-Marine Regiment = Same as above plus; 1 Drop-Pod with a Forward Scout and Flamer Marine; 1 Drop-Pod with a Forward Scout and Heavy Plasma Marine at regular interval

Emperor's Onslaught = Same as above plus; 2 Drop-Pods with 2 Assault Marines each; 1 Drop-Pod with 2 Rambo Marines at faster intervals.

Attachments:
ZIP.zip [4.71 MiB]
Downloaded 1050 times
RAR.rar [3.54 MiB]
Downloaded 2238 times
Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:59 am

Post Re: Emperor's Fists v1.0 (Still WIP)
Well, this is just my opinion. I feel the sprites for the actors are a bit bland, just yellow and a bit shaded. Maybe you could change the color to a navy or something.

EDIT : Oh, nevermind. The actors are actually quite nice (zoomed in)

work on the katana/sword sprite :o

and why is it called emperors fists? doesn't really fit D:

Last edited by Shakken on Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:50 am

Oh WOW!

This seems like it might be very successful, being seperate from Ivan's mod

Could I, by any chance, ask you to Up the armor power? By that I mean could you please make the Space marines harder to kill? To me, the Space Marines should be almost GODLIKE compared to the Vanilla actors so could you just make the Space Marines armor super strong against them?

And are you planning on adapting your mod for other Chapters such as the Ultramarines?

By the by, whats up with the scout's head? It seems...Jango Fett-ish and way too weird...

Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:51 am

Just by looking at the change log it seems like you've done a good job at giving these guys a second life.
It may just be a mod of a mod, but you got my download.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:56 am

Shakken wrote:
Bland Actors, Colors, Sword Sprite, Name

Well the screen-shots don't really do them justice. The coloring and name are actually based on Faction from a game called Warhammer, and as for the sword, it's really supposed to look like a big chain-saw, and I also didn't change this sprite.

Duo9ace wrote:
Weak Actors, other stuff, helmet

I thought they were still a bit weak myself, I was planning on upping their armor and I'm actually trying to work on a good amount of armor right now. As for the helmet I wasn't completely happy with it, and I'm working on making it look nicer. I plan on doing Chaos Marines as soon as this is complete, but with enough demand I may make another chapter.

Aspect wrote:
Praise.

Glad to hear approval, I'm working up to being more independent, although I'm kindof working off of this still to make Chaos Marines. After that point I hope to work completely on my own.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:14 am

it looks like theres a lot of uber-sharp particles flying about there, you might want to fix that; mostly cause no-one likes terrain rape in anything except superweapons/uberbombs.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:18 am
Profile WWW

Geti wrote:
it looks like theres a lot of uber-sharp particles flying about there, you might want to fix that; mostly cause no-one likes terrain rape in anything except superweapons/uberbombs.

Well I didn't think it was too bad personally, turning down the Bolter's sharpness wouldn't be hard but to be perfectly honest, Bolters are supposed to fire slugs about the size of your head.. if it is terrain rape it sortof should be.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:10 am

Theseus wrote:
Geti wrote:

Well I didn't think it was too bad personally, turning down the Bolter's sharpness wouldn't be hard but to be perfectly honest, Bolters are supposed to fire slugs about the size of your head.. if it is terrain rape it sortof should be.

the bolt itself isn't the problem, its the burst when it explodes. he's referring to things like plasma weapons and explosions, even the small ones, because of the pixel thin lines in terrain. it makes the map ugly as hell, you can always make them lower mass, less sharp, but move faster. Take a look at the 'laser rifle' thats in the vanilla content, its in Base.rte. It absolutely RAPES actors but it doesn't do jack to the terrain. Look at its ammo and see whats different about it, and the particles your guns make on impact. this way they will absolutely rape units apart but leave the map in one piece.

Also to the comment about the name emperor's fists not fitting, The emperor's fists, are an Army in Warhammer 40K, they are a space marines chapter.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:42 am
Profile YIM WWW

Took advice about slight terrain rape, in the next update =
Bolters will be slightly less sharp.
Plasma will have less sharps coming from it.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:24 am

So this is...

A mod for a mod?

Downloading later.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:28 pm

wow this is very good. except i have one issue. i dont like the yellow. its ugly to me. butwhatevs. great mod. if my computer could run minesweeper, i would buy DAW2. >:(

Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:15 pm
Profile WWW

Heh, I was under the impression this mod would be some emperor beating the ♥♥♥♥ out of people, but now that I see the mod itself, I like your idea a lot better. Nice job!

Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:00 pm

Space Wolves > Emperor's Fists :)

The sprites are rather great, I like it.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:13 pm

Now my Ultramarines have someone other than the Blood Angels to face o:

Thanks.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:19 pm

I only find 2 things in this mod that are actually good. Assault marine (the first one listed, the one with the beak helm and huge jetpack) and the flamer.

All of your descriptions are terrible though. Bolter, Heavy bolter, Bolt Pistol, Plasma Rifle, Flamer. Flamers are NOT built from ork weapons, as Ork weapons don't actually work, the orks just yell DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! BURN!!!!! BRRMMMMBRRMMMMMRRRMMMM and there magic psychic powers make them work. and the imperium of man has way better technology than that. There is no such thing as a bolt piercer. I think you've been playing "Space marine" the game. Oh and a chainsword is just a chainsword. it has no other name, except an evicerator which is a 2 handed chainsword.

Ignoring all continuity, as far as a mod is concerned, the bolter pushes the actors way far, and you can fly with them. The plasma rifle well... I'm biased against plasma weapons and will not comment... Your flamer burns through the terrain the way a melta should, but other than that its perfect. Unfortunately, this just appears to be a re-sprite of Ivan's space marines. He said that people are aloud, but I just don't find it that original. As I said, I only like the assault marines with flamers. make an activities that uses just that combination, because the AI already hops around and shoots when they get close enough. they wouldn't even need diggers after that.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:03 am
Profile YIM WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next