View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Cortex Commafia - GAME OVER 

Post Re: Cortex Commafia - DAY ONE [9/9]
Rᴜɴɴɪɴɢ Vᴏᴛᴇ Tᴏᴛᴀʟs

TᴏʀʀᴇɴᴛHKU: 2 (Unwoundpath, Natti)
Nᴏ Lʏɴᴄʜ: 2 (Roast Veg, Izen)

Mɪɢɢʟᴇs: 1 (Nicolasx)
Rᴏᴀsᴛ Vᴇɢ: 1 (TorrentHKU)

Eᴍᴏɢᴏᴛsᴀᴏɴᴇ: 0

Aʙsᴛᴀɪɴɪɴɢ: 3 (Miggles, Dragonxp, Emogotsaone)

Deadline is in 48 hours
With 9 alive it takes 3 votes to Soft Lynch and 6 votes to Hard Lynch.

*Mod Notice*

Yet another thing that I apparently left out of my OP (though I swear I remembered to write it down, oh well I must have deleted it again while editing for some reason) is that you learn the alignment and full role details of whoever dies, regardless of whether they die at night or during the day.
Once again, I am not saying this in reaction to events in the topic but because someone asked me the question in private and I realised that I'd probably forgotten to tell you something. Hopefully it's something you might have guessed anyway because otherwise the game would be much harder, but I'm clearing it up now just in case.
I think that's everything I missed now!

I'll try and be posting votes at least once per page so you don't have to keep looking back so don't be alarmed, I'm not going to be interfering with the actual game playing ;)

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:46 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Can I be put on the waiting list for the next game?

After this one ends, is what I mean.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:47 pm
Profile WWW

I don't have a waiting list yet, in case there's more interest next time I might just leave it open, see how many people I get and then work from there.

However
From now on, can all posts from people who are not playing either (ideally) be addressed to me in a PM or at least put in spoiler tags?
It's just cleaner that way. I'll put this in the OP too.
Ok thanks.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:53 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TorrentHKU wrote:
I'm playing the game.
"No lynch" is a valid game mechanic. What part of "I want to learn more first and not kill people uselessly" doesn't make sense to you?
TorrentHKU wrote:
If we roll over and die, just let the Mafia kill everyone until there's not enough people left to swing a vote, that doesn't accomplish very much.
I won't be rolling over and dying unless people like yourself kill me unnecessarily. I'm waiting just one round for more evidence about the other players.
TorrentHKU wrote:
You're the one advocating that. As I've said, if we do nothing the mafia grow stronger, a good chance nobody acts any different, and then where are we? Dead.
Funnily enough, I'm advocating "not-death" as opposed to your plan of "death". If we go around having anyone who argues against the "master death" plan killed, we're more likely to kill those who need to survive for the good guys to succeed, which I'm sure is what you want, right?
TorrentHKU wrote:
If we do something, then we at least have a chance at eliminating the enemy. I'm forced to vote for you since you're the one advocating us all just sitting around and waiting to die.
It's a terrible chance if it's only backed by my actions. By listening to the actions of everyone in the game I can stand a greater chance of being able to vote properly. Not knowing the exact number of evil members in this game I cannot accurately accuse anyone until the next round.
TorrentHKU wrote:
Whenever there's a daytime lynching, there'll be a chance that someone innocent dies. Get over it, it's going to happen. Also, you seem to be singing your innocence to the hills a bit much, just saying.
The chance is STILL nowhere near in our favour. You're entitled to your vote, no matter your reasoning, and I appreciate that my honestly could come off as a feverish plea for survival, were it not worded in what I believe to be a perfectly logical manner coming from my position as a normal clone.

We can either kill one innocent clone today, or we can kill two. Because with our situation so far, nobody evil is going to die today.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:19 pm
Loose Canon

Gah, fine, whatever.
Not changing my vote though. If you're not evil, then my vote doesn't have any impact at all.
If you are evil, then I won't be falling into your trap.

And if either of us dies tonight then the other is pretty ♥♥♥♥.
So, 3 possibilities.
1. We're both innocent. One of us gets killed off and the other is blamed, both of us die.
2. One is evil, one is good. If the good is killed off, the evil will be lynched, so nobody dies.
3. We're both evil. Neither of us dies, and we're some CRAFTY ♥♥♥♥ for arguing like this to sew distrust and make everyone confused.

Now that I've said that, if one of us dies then the other probably won't be lynched in response, since everyone will read this and go "Oh, that makes some sense, the other person must be good.". Which actually makes a pretty damn good cover for the other if they actually ARE evil.
So now maybe one of us WILL die, since this post will cover them. Of course, having said THAT, any situation is now a wildcard, and either way if one of us dies or not things are gonna be crazy trying to figure out if we are or are not evil.

I need a drink.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:31 pm
Profile WWW

Code:
Agree with veg, wait later kill

Lynch: no-one

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:33 pm

Code:
Self processors conclude that there is much logic being used by clone #V - 3G.
However self logic processors are incapable of determining why #H - KU wishes to use chance to determine death.

Self is in suspect of such actions.

However because self does not have enough information on either case self cannot see a reasonable lynch.

Therefor, self processors conclude that Lynching: NO ONE would be the current optimal choice.

Lynch: NO ONE (Because you cant use bold and underline tags within a code :/

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:04 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Code:
Oh my. I'd like to apologize for my absence, however my comma have been working shoddily. I'be been able to hear you all, yet my microphone hasn't worked. I've just fixed it. If you'd kindly, I ask if you to reprieve my death requests. I'd hope you believe me, but my comma truly have been out of service.

My inernet has been down, forgive me for that. Don't Lynch me please!

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:34 am
Profile WWW

Code:
Ah, appears M-gg15 power offline until this. Understandable absence.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:40 am

Look, Torrent makes sense; But roast makes more. We should wait till night lynch no one and see if one of them die. If neither do then we shall see who is really suspicious. Also I apologize for my robotic voice earlier it was caused by my voice processor being knocked out when our original brain died.

Lynch no one.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:13 am

Rᴜɴɴɪɴɢ Vᴏᴛᴇ Tᴏᴛᴀʟs

Nᴏ Lʏɴᴄʜ: 5 (Roast Veg, Izen, Unwoundpath, Dragonxp, Nicolasx)

TᴏʀʀᴇɴᴛHKU: 1 (Natti)

Mɪɢɢʟᴇs: 0

Aʙsᴛᴀɪɴɪɴɢ: 2 (Miggles, Emogotsaone)

Deadline is in 31.5 hours
With 9 alive it takes 3 votes to Soft Lynch and 6 votes to Hard Lynch.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:22 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Emogotsaone if you still want to lynch Miggles, put it in some bold tags outside of your code tags, like dragonxp.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:36 pm

Code:
//Roast... you've convinced me. It seems as if I've been bested.

Lynch: Nobody

Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:38 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Oh, yeah, right. Voting.
Lynch no one.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:19 pm
Profile WWW

After a fairly short discussion about dice (was anyone even holding any dice? It seems sort of unlikely) and the odds of finding the intruder if they just picked someone at random, the group of clones and other assorted machines decide that there just isn't enough evidence floating around for them to make any kind of decision. This is life or death they are speaking about! Their survival might not matter to a brain (or a control computer) but as they're only just now experiencing free will for the first time, they don't want to take it away from anyone else without being absolutely certain of their guilt!
Once it has been established that they are all firmly in agreement that killing someone just on the off chance that they are an intruder is a bad idea, they use a wall panel to summon the presence of their AI commander and deliver the news.
He apparently isn't all that pleased.

"I ɢɪᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏɴᴇ ᴊᴏʙ. ONE JOB! Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴅᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ!
Iᴛ's ᴏʙᴠɪᴏᴜs ɪsɴ'ᴛ ɪᴛ? I ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ʙᴏᴛʜ (ᴏʀ ᴡᴀs ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ? ᴏʀ ғᴏᴜʀ? Wʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ, ɪᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴏɴᴇ) ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴛʀᴜᴅᴇʀs ɪɴ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴏʀs ʜᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ ᴏᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ sɪɴᴄᴇ. Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs NONE ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ!
Yᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴇᴠɪᴅᴇɴᴄᴇ! Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴄʟᴏɴᴇs! Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜᴇss ᴡʀᴏɴɢ I'ʟʟ ɢʀᴏᴡ ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴏɴᴇ!
I ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜʏ Tʜᴇ Mᴀsᴛᴇʀ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴇғᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴅᴇᴠɪᴄᴇs, ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴀ ᴊᴏʙ ᴅᴏɴᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ɪᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..."

The eye retracts itself into the roof again, muttering angrily about how you can't get good workers these days, and leaving the room in some state of confusion.
What was going to happen now? Did the computer have some other plan?
Well the question doesn't go long unanswered. Mere minutes pass before suddenly all of the lights flicker off, dropping the room into darkness so complete that nobody can even see their own hands in front of their faces. A few seconds after that, there are multiple loud thuds as several bodies fall to the ground.
Few people were around to hear them though, as they'd just fallen into complete helpless unconsciousness.

Looks like it's night time.

Fɪɴᴀʟ Vᴏᴛᴇ Tᴏᴛᴀʟs

Nᴏ Lʏɴᴄʜ: 6 (Roast Veg, Izen, Unwoundpath, Dragonxp, Nicolasx, Emogotsaone)

TᴏʀʀᴇɴᴛHKU: 1 (Natti)

Mɪɢɢʟᴇs: 0

Aʙsᴛᴀɪɴɪɴɢ: 1 (Miggles)

Night Deadline is 11 PM GMT, June 21st (in 48 hours), or when I receive all final night decisions from players that happen to have them.
As it is now night, do not post anything

Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next