View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 257  Next
 Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - ON HOLD TEMPORARILY 
Loose Canon

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 147)
"I'd say that was a catastrophe on all fronts, but nobody's dead, Byrnolf included. So hey, he decided to go easy on us."
> Stand up with help of halberd. Fill up my mana stones, 3 Intermissions.

Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"May as well check the street vendors on our way through"

Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:22 am

"Sorry I didn't get to meet you and the others at Vranhal, John. Something came up; we should all talk about it later. But at least I got here in time to help scare Lucida off."

> Sheath my swords and Metabolize to recover my Stamina.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:02 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Better late than never. Just wish it didn't have to end with Lucida getting hammered by sword strikes. Or us.
Who're your friends? The ma'am with the sword especially, you don't seem... Average."

Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:55 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 148)
Roll 148

The world as the players know it:

1. Kyeltziv
2. John, Vandol
4. P’orihc, Ki’stha, Kleigg
~~~

Name: John Freemaneth (TorrentHKU)
Race: Human

"I'd say that was a catastrophe on all fronts, but nobody's dead, Byrnolf included. So hey, he decided to go easy on us."

You stand back up with the help of your halberd and rest up with three Intermissions while Wolf and his gang get back up as well, stretching their battered bodies.

Byrnolf: ”He would’nt’ve killed me. At least not until he got the information out of me.”

Vandolf sheaths his swords.

Vandolf: "Sorry I didn't get to meet you and the others at Vranhal, John. Something came up; we should all talk about it later. But at least I got here in time to help scare Lucida off."

"Better late than never. Just wish it didn't have to end with Lucida getting hammered by sword strikes. Or us.
Who're your friends? The ma'am with the sword especially, you don't seem... Average."

Mailman: ”Kark Hopkins is my name! I’m the guy in charge of the delivery systems which also conveniently work on people.”

The woman sheathes her sword and conceals her arms under the cloak.

Woman: ”Tara Daeli, temporary matriarch of the Daeli. I’m here to assist with the situation with Lucida.”

Kark: ”So old-bones, what info did Lucida beat you around for?”

Byrnolf: ”Wanted to know where to find Ultima. I said ‘no,’ of course.”

Kark: ”That sounds bad. What does Atra have to say about this?”

Tara: ”She doesn’t.”

Kark: ”Uh, kay.”

Tara: ”What do we know about Lucida so far?”

Conditions:
Health: 27.1/50
Stamina: 5/5
Mana: 5.7/11
AP: 1/3
Evasion AP: 2/2
Fortification AP: 1/1

Evasion Behavior: Auto Evade when there is Evasion AP

Trauma: 22.9
Evasion - 11.45 => -6.45

Name: Kleigg (TheKebbit)

P’orihc: "Do we stop here or continue on our way to Teleiat?"

Ki’stha: "May as well check the street vendors on our way through."

Seems like a plan, so the three of you enter the city of Magusalto.

It seems similar to Vranhal in overall design, except instead of a wall it’s a giant artificial chasm that circles the city, with short structures on the outer edges of the city and the towers making up the large inner section. Similar to Imum, there are vendors selling numerous religious artifacts as well as other various doodads and foodstuffs. The majority of the denizens are chirop, soaring through the air or perched on the spiderweb of catwalks that link the giant towers together.

You notice the patrols as well - chirop in dark green robes on the ground, aerial units in the skies sporting leather equipment vests and blue clothing.

The strangest ones are the occasional chirop in full plate armor with purple clothing showing in the metal gaps sporting greatswords or warhammers, stuff that a chirop shouldn’t be capable of wielding.

Conditions:
Health: 50/50
Stamina: 8/8
Mana: 8/8
AP: 3/3

Evasion Behavior: Manual

Captured Spells (1/2)
-Radiance (Create a powerful light, blinding everyone around you) (Inflicts Blind = Arcane + Mana)

-Null Body (-4 Non-Negation Magic, +4 Magic Resistance)

Name: P’orihc (Asklar)
Race: Chirop

"Do we stop here or continue on our way to Teleiat?"

Ki’stha: "May as well check the street vendors on our way through."

It seems similar to Vranhal in overall design, except instead of a wall it’s a giant artificial chasm that circles the city, with short structures on the outer edges of the city and the towers making up the large inner section. Similar to Imum, there are vendors selling numerous religious artifacts as well as other various doodads and foodstuffs. The majority of the denizens are chirop, soaring through the air or perched on the spiderweb of catwalks that link the giant towers together.

You notice the patrols as well - chirop in dark green robes on the ground, aerial units in the skies sporting leather equipment vests and blue clothing.

The strangest ones are the occasional chirop in full plate armor with purple clothing showing in the metal gaps sporting greatswords or warhammers, stuff that a chirop shouldn’t be capable of wielding.

Conditions:
Health: 40/40
Stamina: 4/4
Mana: 12/12
AP: 2/2
Telepathic AP: 1/1

Name: Ki’stha (Roast Veg)

P’orihc: "Do we stop here or continue on our way to Teleiat?"

"May as well check the street vendors on our way through."

Conditions:
Stamina: 6/6
Mana: 10/10

Evasion Behavior: Evade when possible

Name: Kyeltziv (Amazigh)
Race: Lupus

"Uh... Wasn't expectin' him t' do that."

Horoma: At least you’re safe.

You head over to the still-hot pile of bones and ashes and dig through as Miimas reloads her rifle.

Hmm, just looks like bones and ashes. There aren’t any remnants of the gauntlet other than some bits of metal that might’ve been rivets or buckles maybe, but they’ve been melted into solid blobs of blackened brass. A few small crystalline shards here and there, probably from a mage stone, but the heat seems to have destroyed its magic-storing properties.

Miimas: ”So, he’s part of some group that doesn’t like shamans. Looks like you’re in for a fun time if they’ve got assassins roaming the roads shanking travelling shamans.”

Horoma: Best to get somewhere with more people, they probably wouldn’t attack a crowd.

Conditions:
Health: 80/80
Stamina: 9/9
Mana: 6/7
Melee AP: 2/2

Spirit’s Eye (Accuracy cannot fall below 50%)

Name: Vandolf (CrazyMLC)

John: "I'd say that was a catastrophe on all fronts, but nobody's dead, Byrnolf included. So hey, he decided to go easy on us."

John stands back up with the help of his halberd while Wolf and his gang get back up as well, stretching their battered bodies.

Byrnolf: ”He would’nt’ve killed me. At least not until he got the information out of me.”

You sheath your swords and refill your Stamina with Metabolize.

"Sorry I didn't get to meet you and the others at Vranhal, John. Something came up; we should all talk about it later. But at least I got here in time to help scare Lucida off."

John: "Better late than never. Just wish it didn't have to end with Lucida getting hammered by sword strikes. Or us.

Mailman: ”Kark Hopkins is my name! I’m the guy in charge of the delivery systems which also conveniently work on people.”

The woman sheathes her sword and conceals her arms under the cloak.

Woman: ”Tara Daeli, temporary matriarch of the Daeli. I’m here to assist with the situation with Lucida.”

Kark: ”So old-bones, what info did Lucida beat you around for?”

Byrnolf: ”Wanted to know where to find Ultima. I said ‘no,’ of course.”

Kark: ”That sounds bad. What does Atra have to say about this?”

Tara: ”She doesn’t.”

Kark: ”Uh, kay.”

Tara: ”What do we know about Lucida so far?”

Conditions:
Stamina: 13/15
Mana: 2/2

Name: Miimas

Conditions:

Name: Grant
Race: Human Spirit

Conditions:
Stamina: -/-

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:06 am
Loose Canon

Roll still wrong, didn't regenerate my mana from the interventioning.

"The whole magic sword bit, but you probably know that better than I do. Quick summary, he got let loose from the Second's cancellation holding cell, bashed around Esthen looking for anyone with info on Ultima, found nothing. Travelled west around the lake to Vranhal, my group was in Esthen at the time and took the ferry straight to Vranhal, warned them in time.
He clashed with Lord Elizabeth and Torrent, after calling the latter a traitor, and teleported off. We met with her after the fight, then got some assignments and headed off to them. One group off to find a construct expert in a Chirop jail, another to find spirit advice from the Lupus, and I came south to find Lucida and try to talk to him. Found him here with Byrnolf, tried to get him to try diplomacy, and I guess maybe that sunk in a bit, since he used the flat of his blade. Anyway, that's the gist of it.
Hm. One thing, the Second had no idea there was a spirit in Lucida, and just now he said that he was fighting alongside whoever was using, or maybe is in, Ultima way back in the day, which is why he's searching for them so hard. I don't think he remembers much else aside from that either, so probably just going off the strongest memory he has.

I should be writing this down, third or so time I've told someone all this."
> Use my remaining mana, then my mana stones to repair my armor.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"That's a lot of different uniforms for one city guard, I wonder what the hierarchy is here."

Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:17 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"We could ask, and maybe inquire more about the prison."

Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:13 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Just hope we don't run 'cross more of em."
>Continue on the way to Fluustern.

Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:05 am

"Hmm... well, I think my course of action will be to head to Vranhal and meet this Lord Elizabeth. And probably to get something to eat as well..."

>Feel hungry after metabolizing, even though hunger doesn't exist in this universe.

Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:57 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 149)
Roll 149

The world as the players know it:

1. Kyeltziv
2. John, Vandol
4. P’orihc, Ki’stha, Kleigg
~~~

Name: John Freemaneth (TorrentHKU)

You use your remaining mana, and then your mana stones, to repair your armor, strengthening it in the process.

John: "The whole magic sword bit, but you probably know that better than I do. Quick summary, he got let loose from the Second's cancellation holding cell, bashed around Esthen looking for anyone with info on Ultima, found nothing. Travelled west around the lake to Vranhal, my group was in Esthen at the time and took the ferry straight to Vranhal, warned them in time.
He clashed with Lord Elizabeth and Torrent, after calling the latter a traitor, and teleported off. We met with her after the fight, then got some assignments and headed off to them. One group off to find a construct expert in a Chirop jail, another to find spirit advice from the Lupus, and I came south to find Lucida and try to talk to him. Found him here with Byrnolf, tried to get him to try diplomacy, and I guess maybe that sunk in a bit, since he used the flat of his blade. Anyway, that's the gist of it.
Hm. One thing, the Second had no idea there was a spirit in Lucida, and just now he said that he was fighting alongside whoever was using, or maybe is in, Ultima way back in the day, which is why he's searching for them so hard. I don't think he remembers much else aside from that either, so probably just going off the strongest memory he has.

Tara listens quietly, taking in the information.

Vandolf: "Hmm... Well, I think my course of action will be to head to Vranhal and meet this Lord Elizabeth. And probably to get something to eat as well..."

Tara: ”The lord is the one who sent for me, so I’ll be paying her a visit.”

Byrnolf: ”Oh, that reminds me. Now that you’re here John, I got in trouble for covering you and your friends’ rear-ends the other day. Apparently you guys got involved with Caelum after I said you weren’t, so that didn’t make me look good, but I guess that’s to be expected for trying to help out some total strangers, and from the looks of it, you’re deeply involved in the Lucida situation, so what’s going on with you and the others exactly?”

You get suspicious looks from both Tara and Kark, while Wolf seems to be interested in what’s going on as well.

Conditions:
Health: 28.1/50
Stamina: 5/5
Mana: 1/11
AP: 1/3
Fortification AP: 1/1

Trauma: 21.9
Evasion - 10.95 => -5.95

Name: Kleigg (TheKebbit)

Ki’stha: "That's a lot of different uniforms for one city guard, I wonder what the hierarchy is here."

P’orihc: "We could ask, and maybe inquire more about the prison."

The sun seems to be starting to set, looks like you won’t be breaking into any prisons in Teleiat tonight.

Conditions:

Captured Spells (1/2)
-Radiance (Create a powerful light, blinding everyone around you) (Inflicts Blind = Arcane + Mana)

-Null Body (-3 Non-Negation Magic, +3 Magic Resistance)

Name: P’orihc (Asklar)

Ki’stha: "That's a lot of different uniforms for one city guard, I wonder what the hierarchy is here."

"We could ask, and maybe inquire more about the prison."

The sun seems to be starting to set, looks like you won’t be breaking into any prisons in Teleiat tonight.

Conditions:
Stamina: 4/4
Mana: 12/12
Telepathic AP: 1/1

Name: Ki’stha (Roast Veg)

"That's a lot of different uniforms for one city guard, I wonder what the hierarchy is here."

P’orihc: "We could ask, and maybe inquire more about the prison."

Conditions:
Stamina: 6/6

Name: Kyeltziv (Amazigh)

"Just hope we don't run 'cross more of em."

Miimas: ”Maybe they’ll all set themselves on fire after a shot to the chest.”

The sun starts to set by the time you reach Venari. The city has a large network of stone canals running throughout it, with the water supply coming from the Anri river. The structures are short compared to human ones, two stories high at most, with a small handful of exceptions. Lupus walk the streets, some in armor, others in cotton or animal fur clothing. It doesn’t look like there any shamans around, not in plain sight anyways.

Horoma: Nightfall is soon, might not be the best idea to traverse the roads until day. Or maybe that’s what the assassins are thinking as well, and aren’t prowling the highways for shamans to attack.

Grant: The one back there did attack us in broad daylight, so maybe.

Miimas: ”So, where’re we staying the night? I’m hungry too, think they have fruits or is it just all meat?”

Conditions:
Stamina: 9/9
Mana: 7/7

Name: Vandolf (CrazyMLC)

John: "The whole magic sword bit, but you probably know that better than I do. Quick summary, he got let loose from the Second's cancellation holding cell, bashed around Esthen looking for anyone with info on Ultima, found nothing. Travelled west around the lake to Vranhal, my group was in Esthen at the time and took the ferry straight to Vranhal, warned them in time.

Tara listens quietly, taking in the information.

"Hmm... Well, I think my course of action will be to head to Vranhal and meet this Lord Elizabeth. And probably to get something to eat as well..."

You feel hungry, probably because you haven’t eaten day or so and you made your metabolism work harder.

Tara: ”The lord is the one who sent for me, so I’ll be paying her a visit.”

Byrnolf: ”Oh, that reminds me. Now that you’re here John, I got in trouble for covering you and your friends’ rear-ends the other day. Apparently you guys got involved with Caelum after I said you weren’t, so that didn’t make me look good, but I guess that’s to be expected for trying to help out some total strangers, and from the looks of it, you’re deeply involved in the Lucida situation, so what’s going on with you and the others exactly?”

John gets suspicious looks from both Tara and Kark, while the lupus who seemed to have been involved in the fight with Lucida seems to be interested in what’s going on as well.

Conditions:
Stamina: 14/15
Mana: 2/2

Name: Miimas

Conditions:

Name: Grant
Race: Human Spirit

Conditions:
Stamina: -/-

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:30 am
Loose Canon

"Ah, yes yes. So, when I said that it escaped the Second's containment, my friends may have been the ones behind that. I was at Algus learning some magic from a Dark Mage at the time, so most of this is second hand, but...
They apparently heard that someone was looking for a Nullifier while in Imum, and being a bunch of good natured people they decided to help, not really knowing what a "Caelum" is. This memory loss nonsense really is a pain. Anyway, not sure if you knew, but the one that group you called off was going to haul away, he was a Nullifier, lucky him. So, they all go to Esthen, Kleigg introduced himself, and they give him a few hours of training then say "You're ready to handle Lucida". He was not ready to handle Lucida. After that it picks up with what I told you before.
Apparently the one behind the whole idiocy was acting against Caelum's leadership, and ended up in some serious hot water for it. I truly am sorry we got you in trouble for it. For what it's worth, we'd barely heard of Caelum before we left Mead, so your assistance was not misplaced. The group just tends to help whoever asks until they prove themselves undeserving of help, which seems like what we're doing now in assisting with the Lucida situation."

Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

> Walk inside, look for a tavern of sorts.

Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:10 pm

> Travel to Vranhal. If I see a strange creature in a Gazebo, have a meal with him.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:57 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Dunno, guess we'll have t' find out."
>Look around for a place to get food, see if fruit/etc is available.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 257  Next