View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 257  Next
 Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - ON HOLD TEMPORARILY 

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 172)
> Rewrite the script so that it transfers 2 mana the first time it comes into range of the spirit with a complexity over 30, so you can control how much mana you extract by just shaking it in and out of range. This makes it so there aren't problems with overloading the spirit with too much mana.
"This rune spell should allow infinite mana storage. I'm sure it'll be useful at some point. Mind making it into an orb for me? It'd be best if it had some sort of button on it to toggle allowing the extraction of the mana inside."
> Give this script to John to create a ball with, take the ball he hands back to me, and transfer all of my mana into it. Follow him out once we're ready.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

> Make the orb with the updated script, give it a button.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:47 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Sorry, just thinking about what our plan is for when we get there. Shame I got nowhere, you got any idea?"
> To the next city

Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:50 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Well, I'm note sure either. I guess we could try a more diplomatic way, but that could end up being very time consuming. Sneaking in and breaking him out would probably be too hard for ourselves to do. When we get there we'll have a better idea of what we'll be facing."

Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:21 am

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 173)
Distractions and sleep deprivation, my two favourite things!

Roll 173

The world as the players know it:

1. ~
2. John, Vandolf
3. Ki’stha
P’orihc, Ki’stha: Tower between Teleiat and Magusalto
Kyeltziv: Between Gabel and Fluustern
~~~

Time: Afternoon

Name: John Freemaneth (TorrentHKU)
Race: Human

You make the mana storage device for Vandolf using the provided runic spell and hand it to him.

After, you make sure the two of you aren’t leaving behind anything you made or brought, and exit the room.

A few feet away from the door, a soldier is leaning against a wall and turns to face the two of you.

Soldier: ”Hey, great news. The Matriarch of the Daeli was able to track down Lucida and arrange a meeting with the Lord. The Lord talked with Lucida and they came to agreeable terms or something. She’s in her office right now, you’d best go see her.”

Conditions:
Health: 50/50
Stamina: 5/5
Mana: 1/11
AP: 3/3
Evasion AP: 2/2
Fortification AP: 1/1

Evasion Behavior: Auto Evade when there is Evasion AP | Use Impulse Evasion to recover before actions if stumbled that turn and have at least 2 AP

Name: Kleigg (TheKebbit)

You rush down the staircase after Tabi, with Bayfri taking the rear. The trapdoor closes a second before an explosion sounds in the room, the front door being blown in most likely.

A bright pinprick of light appears, floating above Tabi’s opened gauntleted hand as she leads the two of you down the stairs that look like they were roughly carved through the earth, The path quickly ending with a dark hole in the ground. The sound of running water can be heard underneath.

Tabi: ”It’s a good they made the sewer tunnels underneath the city large enough to move through!”

Tabi jumps in, a splash two seconds later. The light is still with her, showing a decent drop into the foul-looking liquid

Tabi: ”Hope you can swim in that armor!”

Conditions:
Stamina: 8/8
Mana: 8/8

Evasion Behavior: Manual

Captured Spells (1/2)
-Radiance (Create a powerful light, blinding everyone around you) (Inflicts Blind = Arcane + Mana)

-Null Body (-5.2 Non-Negation Magic, +5.2 Magic Resistance)

Name: P’orihc (Asklar)
Race: Chirop

"Okay then, let's not waste time."

Ki’stha: "Sorry, just thinking about what our plan is for when we get there. Shame I got nowhere, you got any idea?"

"Well, I'm not sure either. I guess we could try a more diplomatic way, but that could end up being very time consuming. Sneaking in and breaking him out would probably be too hard for ourselves to do. When we get there we'll have a better idea of what we'll be facing."

You’re not sure where Kleigg went off to, but he’s probably not causing any trouble.

The two of you leg it towards Magusalto’s western bridge, leaving the city and taking the road towards Teleiat. After enough walking, you reach the edge of a massive forest, and a watch tower of sorts is close to the road. You think you can make out figures at the top and in the small windows cut out of the stone.

Maybe they might have something interesting to tell you, or you could keep going.

Conditions:
Health: 40/40
Stamina: 4/4
Mana: 12/12
AP: 2/2
Telepathic AP: 1/1

Name: Ki’stha (Roast Veg)

P’orihc: "Okay then, let's not waste time."

"Sorry, just thinking about what our plan is for when we get there. Shame I got nowhere, you got any idea?"

P’orihc: "Well, I'm not sure either. I guess we could try a more diplomatic way, but that could end up being very time consuming. Sneaking in and breaking him out would probably be too hard for ourselves to do. When we get there we'll have a better idea of what we'll be facing."

You’re not sure where Kleigg went off to, but he’s probably not causing any trouble.

The two of you leg it towards Magusalto’s western bridge, leaving the city and taking the road towards Teleiat. After enough walking, you reach the edge of a massive forest, and a watch tower of sorts is close to the road. You think you can make out figures at the top and in the small windows cut out of the stone.

Maybe they might have something interesting to tell you, or you could keep going.

Conditions:
Stamina: 6/6
Mana: 10/10

Evasion Behavior: Evade when possible

Name: Kyeltziv (Amazigh)
Race: Lupus

You and Miimas leave Gabel and take the road west. When you’ve covered a fair amount of distance, the road dark from the forest shadows, a lupus garbed in dark clothing with a leather gauntleted arm jumps out from the brush and in front of your path. Another two appear on the path behind you.

Horoma: Time for some fire!

???: Me too!

???: Hey, I want a piece of ‘em too!

Horoma: Only me, birdeater, and prickly are fighting! We don’t want to risk losing Kyeltziv!

Grant: You have my healing magic.

Faren-Wuust: I seem to be a bit useless in a situation like this, but I cheer you on!

Miimas: ”Lock and load, Kyeltziv! We’ve got a trio!”

Lupus: Shaman, prepare for judgement!

Conditions:
Health: 80/80
Stamina: 9/9
Mana: 7/7
Melee AP: 2/2

Evasion Behavior: Auto Evade when there is Evasion AP

Spirit’s Eye (Accuracy cannot fall below 50%)

Name: Vandolf (CrazyMLC)

You make the new rune spell to only transfer 2 mana and then has to be removed from range to ‘reset’

Vandolf: "This rune spell should allow infinite mana storage. I'm sure it'll be useful at some point. Mind making it into an orb for me? It'd be best if it had some sort of button on it to toggle allowing the extraction of the mana inside."

You show the script to John and he generates a grey orb the size of a mana stone for you. The orb has a grey matted surface with a round button on it, and you deposit all of your mana into the contraption.

After, you make sure the two of you aren’t leaving behind anything you made or brought, and exit the room.

A few feet away from the door, a soldier is leaning against a wall and turns to face the two of you.

Soldier: ”Hey, great news. The Matriarch of the Daeli was able to track down Lucida and arrange a meeting with the Lord. The Lord talked with Lucida and they came to agreeable terms or something. She’s in her office right now, you’d best go see her.”

Conditions:
Stamina: 15/15
Mana: 1/2

Name: Miimas

Conditions:

Name: Grant
Race: Human Spirit

Conditions:
Stamina: -/-

Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:56 am

>Convince myself that I can swim in that armor, then attempt to swim in that armor.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:25 pm
Loose Canon

"...God damn, how long were we IN there?"
> Intermission on the way to Elizabeth's office.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Wanna check out who's in this watchtower?"

Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:36 pm

> Go meet Elizabeth and find out about these agreeable terms.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:41 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>Agility Flow, then Channel the staff at the lupus in front of me.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:02 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Yeah lets have a look."

Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:21 pm

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 174)
SLEEP DEPRIVATION AND DISTRACTION

Roll 174

The world as the players know it:

1. Kyeltziv
2. John, Vandolf
3. P’orihc, Ki’stha
4. Kleigg
~~~

Time: Afternoon

Name: John Freemaneth (TorrentHKU)

"...God damn, how long were we IN there?"

Popping an Intermission, you and Vandolf pace towards Elizabeth’s office.

The guards posted in front of the door let you in, and you find Elizabeth, Torrent, and the armored axe-wielding lupus guy in their usual positions. The Daeli Matriarch, Kark the mail courrier(?), and your favourite lamp-maker are present as well, along with a few seemingly high-ranking mages, soldiers, and a not-so-high-ranking(?) maid.

Elizabeth: ”Great, looks like most of us are here.”

The lord takes a deep drink from her coffee mug, placing it loudly on the table with a shaky arm as a maid refills it.

Elizabeth: ”So, shortly after the previous meeting, our Daeli friend managed to locate Lucida in the fields near Hopluit. She convinced him to have a one-on-one meeting with me in a time and location of his choosing, and he went with a place a bit to the east of Hopluit, time being as-soon-as-possible. The matriarch returned to Vranhal, relayed the information, and I moved as fast as the mail system could transport me, which went faster than normal because of some finished road construction.”

A chug of coffee, followed by the porcelain mug hitting the table and being quickly refilled.

Elizabeth: ”I explained our plan to Lucida - We are attempting to acquire information concerning spirits from lupus shamans and constructs from a highly skilled construct mage. The goal is to devise a method to extract the spirit from Ultima and place it into a newly fabricated form, just a storage container first, but one that we will afterwards build into a body, or as close as we can manage. Lucida will be constantly updated on the status of our plan, under the conditions that he does not attempt to search for Ultima or attempt to discern its location, and to withhold any hostile actions towards Vranhal and her territories. Lucida is, however, allowed to be present during the process where Ultima’s spirit will be extracted, but not before. We will also have someone constantly tracking Lucida, as part of the agreement.

Lucida will also be given the option to have the same operation performed on him if he wishes, he said that he will wait for the result before deciding.”

Another downing of highly caffeinated beverage and porcelain-on-wood impact.

Elizabeth: ”So that’s the gist of it. Any questions?”

Conditions:
Stamina: 5/5
Mana: 3/11
Fortification AP: 1/1

Evasion Behavior: Auto Evade when there is Evasion AP | Use Impulse Evasion to recover before actions if stumbled that turn and have at least 2 AP

Name: Kleigg (TheKebbit)

You convince yourself that you can swim in the armor, and then jump into hole.

Hitting the water with a cold, horribly-smelling splash, you paddle your limbs as best as you can, barely able to keep your head in breathable air. Bayfri lands beside you with a spray of uncomfortably brown filth.

Bayfri: ”This way, we can head to another hideout before they figure out what happened.”

The two swim ahead and you follow, doing your best to keep up. Your arms and legs ache, but after moving around enough in your hair shirt the pain is easily ignored. What isn’t easily ignored is the fact that you’re lagging behind, the two pausing here and there to wait for you, but slowly getting further, foot by foot as you swim for long minutes in the maze-like sewers.

Suddenly, there’s a sound of sliding metal, and a steel portcullis drops from above and walls off the rest of the tunnel, separate you from Bayfri and Tabi.

Tabi: ”Uh oh, looks like they know we’re down here. Uh, take that tunnel to your left, go straight until you can’t go straight anymore, and then go left! Keep on going and you should reach a pile of rubble, we have another hideout with operatives there. Tell them the door password and you should be fine! Good luck!”

Well, you don’t know any other way to go, so you follow the chirop’s instructions. As the two of them swim off, you take the tunnel to your left. Luckily, it’s narrower and shallower, and you’re able to walk with the water only up to your knees. Trudging through the sludge, you push forward in the pitch black darkness, the air filled with the foul smell of excrement and the sounds of sploshing. Hands held out in front, you eventually feel a wall, turn left, and continue on. A few seconds later, you trip over something in the water and barely manage to keep yourself from plunging face-first into the flowing toilet.

Reaching your arms down into the filth out of curiosity, you grab on to a long object and bring it up. It feels like a gauntlet of some kind? Maybe you can get a better look at it in the light.

Soon enough, your feet hit another obstacle, and your hands find it out to be a pile of rubble. Feeling around, you manage to locate a rope hanging from the ceiling and pull yourself up, climbing up and out of the water and into a narrow hole in the ceiling, hoisting yourself on to dry ground.

Hmm, seems like you’re in another roughly-carved staircase.

Conditions:

Captured Spells (1/2)
-Radiance (Create a powerful light, blinding everyone around you) (Inflicts Blind = Arcane + Mana)

-Null Body (-4.2 Non-Negation Magic, +4.2 Magic Resistance)

Stink (You smell like ♥♥♥♥)

Name: P’orihc (Asklar)

"Wanna check out who's in this watchtower?"

Ki’stha: "Yeah let’s have a look."

The two of you head towards the watchtower, where you see a purple-robed chirop wearing a steel helm.

Guard: ”Hail, travellers. Safe journey, I hope?”

Conditions:
Stamina: 4/4
Mana: 12/12
Telepathic AP: 1/1

Name: Ki’stha (Roast Veg)

P’orihc: "Wanna check out who's in this watchtower?"

"Yeah let’s have a look."

The two of you head towards the watchtower, where you see a purple-robed chirop wearing a steel helm.

Guard: ”Hail, travellers. Safe journey, I hope?”

Conditions:
Stamina: 6/6

Name: Kyeltziv (Amazigh)

___Enemy List___
Lupus 1
Lupus 2
Lupus 3

___Speed Roll___
Kyeltziv: 2 Speed + 1 Roll
Miimas: 2 Speed + 6 Roll
Lupus 1: 3 Speed + 3 Roll
Lupus 2: 8 Speed + 3 Roll
Lupus 3: 1 Speed + 3 Roll

___Action Priority___
Lupus 2: 13
Miimas: 8
Lupus 1: 6
Lupus 3: 4
Kyeltziv: 3

___Events___
Lupus 2 attacks Miimas
Lupus 2: 5 Aim + 1 Roll = 6 vs 13 = 3 Roll + 8 Evasion :Miimas
Attack misses

Lupus 2 attacks Miimas
Lupus 2: 5 Aim + 6 Roll = 11 vs 9 = 1 Roll + 8 Evasion :Miimas
Attack lands, inflicting 30 Cut

Miimas is unable to act

Lupus 1 attacks Kyeltziv
Lupus 1: 9 Aim + 4 Roll = 13 vs 16 = 6 Roll + 10 Evasion :Kyeltziv
Attack misses

Lupus 1 attacks Kyeltziv
Lupus 1: 9 Aim + 3 Roll = 12 vs 13 = 3 Roll + 10 Evasion :Kyeltziv
Attack misses

Lupus 3 attacks Kyeltziv
Kyeltziv does not attempt to evade
Attack lands, inflicting 25 Cut

Kyeltziv uses Agility Flow on self

Kyeltsiv Spirit Channel on Madenuuk’s Staff
~
Aucupe Speed Roll: 12 Speed + 2 Roll = 14
Horoma Speed Roll: 4 Speed + 5 Roll = 9
Bellua Speed Roll: 5 Speed + 3 Roll = 8
~
Aucupe uses Kinetic Blade on Lupus 2
Aucupe: 14 Aim + 5 Roll = 19 vs 12 4 Roll + 8 Evasion :Lupus 2
Attack lands, inflicting 57 Cut

Aucupe uses Kinetic Blade on Lupus 2
Aucupe: 14 Aim + 4 Roll = 18 vs 13 5 Roll + 8 Evasion :Lupus 2
Attack lands, inflicting 25 Cut

Lupus 2 dies

Aucupe uses Kinetic Blade on Lupus 3
Aucupe: 14 Aim + 4 Roll = 18 vs 8 3 Roll + 5 Evasion :Lupus 3
Attack lands, inflicting 42 Cut

Horoma uses Flare on Lupus 1
Lupus 1 does not attempt to evade
Attack lands, inflicting 28.5 damage to ?
Attack lands, inflicting 28.5 damage to ?

Attack lands, inflicting 23 damage to ? and 5.5 Burn to Lupus 1
Attack lands, inflicting 28.5 burn to Lupus 1

Lupus 1 dies

Bellua uses Manifest Spirit on self

Bellua uses Spirit Strike on Lupus 3
Lupus 3 is unable to evade
Attack lands, inflicting 47 Cut

Lupus 3 dies

You hear Miimas scream in pain behind you as the lupus in front of you charges.

The air around him shimmers, a barrier, and you manage to evade two slashes of an ethereal blade. Sounds of footsteps behind you, and your back screams in pain as something slices into it.

Alright, this staff better do something good. You Agility Flow up - not that it’d do anything now - and channel the staff.

… Did you black out? There’s a pile of smoldering ashes in front of you. Turning around, both of the lupus seem to be dead - one with two small, neat little wounds, the other with huge bloody openings in his torso like a fruit that was torn open with a dull knife. There’s also the monstrous, twisted blackened arm lying on the ground, dark gas billowing from the limb as it sublimates into nothingness.

Miimas is standing hunched over, a thick bloody line across the front of her shirt and jacket.

Grant: Quick, I need to heal her!

Horoma: I think that went well enough.

Aucupe: Lupus are slower than birds.

Conditions:
Health: 55/80
Stamina: 9/9
Mana: 7/7
AP: 2/3
Evasion AP: 1/2

Evasion Behavior: Auto Evade when there is Evasion AP

Cut: 25
Strength -12.5 => -3.5

Blood Loss: 0

Name: Vandolf (CrazyMLC)

John: "...God damn, how long were we IN there?"

You and John pace towards Elizabeth’s office.

The guards posted in front of the door let you in, and you find Elizabeth, Torrent, and the armored axe-wielding lupus guy in their usual positions. The Daeli Matriarch, Kark the mail courrier(?), and your favourite lamp-maker are present as well, along with a few seemingly high-ranking mages, soldiers, and a not-so-high-ranking(?) maid.

Elizabeth: ”Great, looks like most of us are here.”

The lord takes a deep drink from her coffee mug, placing it loudly on the table with a shaky arm as a maid refills it.

Elizabeth: ”So, shortly after the previous meeting, our Daeli friend managed to locate Lucida in the fields near Hopluit. She convinced him to have a one-on-one meeting with me in a time and location of his choosing, and he went with a place a bit to the east of Hopluit, time being as-soon-as-possible. The matriarch returned to Vranhal, relayed the information, and I moved as fast as the mail system could transport me, which went faster than normal because of some finished road construction.”

A chug of coffee, followed by the porcelain mug hitting the table and being quickly refilled.

Elizabeth: ”I explained our plan to Lucida - We are attempting to acquire information concerning spirits from lupus shamans and constructs from a highly skilled construct mage. The goal is to devise a method to extract the spirit from Ultima and place it into a newly fabricated form, just a storage container first, but one that we will afterwards build into a body, or as close as we can manage. Lucida will be constantly updated on the status of our plan, under the conditions that he does not attempt to search for Ultima or attempt to discern its location, and to withhold any hostile actions towards Vranhal and her territories. Lucida is, however, allowed to be present during the process where Ultima’s spirit will be extracted, but not before. We will also have someone constantly tracking Lucida, as part of the agreement.

Lucida will also be given the option to have the same operation performed on him if he wishes, he said that he will wait for the result before deciding.”

Another downing of highly caffeinated beverage and porcelain-on-wood impact.

Elizabeth: ”So that’s the gist of it. Any questions?”

Conditions:
Stamina: 15/15
Mana: 2/2

Name: Miimas

Conditions:
Health: 10/40
AP: 1/2

Cut: 30
Strength -15 => -11

Blood Loss: 0

Name: Grant
Race: Human Spirit

Conditions:
Stamina: -/-

Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:01 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"♥♥♥♥, lemme get that."
>Channel grant to heal Miimas, and then myself.
>Transfer 7 mana to grant.

Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:36 am
Loose Canon

"It worked. And everyone's intact. Good.
So where's Lucida now then? Still off around Hopluit, or off on his own at least, I assume?"
> Intermission. Scan the new faces here.

Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:52 am
Profile WWW

"Remarkable... Lucida's probably planning something, but still, the situation has improved immensely. You seem to have done the impossible, Elizabeth. Maybe you could teach John here a thing or two about diplomacy?"

> Wink and nudge John with my elbow.

Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:48 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 257  Next