View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 257  Next
 Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - ON HOLD TEMPORARILY 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 188)
>Do the do.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:07 am

"Could you tell me a little about how to operate these runic gauntlets?"

Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:10 pm
Loose Canon

"Sounds better than Lockdown Gulag."
> Approach guards, take down my marbles for now. No need to inspire uneasiness.
"Excuse me, are the offices open right now? We've got an inquiry about someone being kept here."
> If yes, head in to wherever it is we need to be going, and 3 Intermissions. If no, just stay outside and quietly work on my kinetics stuff I guess. Don't attract a crowd or anything though, just some shuffling and shifting myself around is fine.

Edit notes to read

Current Missions:
1. Get Spirit expertise from the Lupus (Kyeltziv)
2. Get Construct expertise from a Construct Master in a Chirop jail (John, P’orihc, Ki’stha)
3. Don't talk to strangers (Kleigg)
4. Help Kleigg with his mission (Vandolf)

Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:13 am
Profile WWW

Kleigg is such a naive goober smh I cannot believe this guy

Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:21 pm
Loose Canon

I mean I don't have a better mission description for him right now, and he DOES tend to get into all the trouble.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:25 pm
Profile WWW

I know! It's actually incredible. I went in intending to play a strange little monk and ended up becoming a runic terrorist.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:18 pm

Don't worry Kebb, Vandolf will try and most likely fail to save you from your own character.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:31 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 189)
Note: There is a "Notes" section, right under the maps, where players can freely enter in information for notes or whatever. Just specify what you want entered/altered/removed.

Roll 189

The world as the players know it:

1. Kyeltziv
2. Kleigg, Vandolf
3. P’orihc, Ki’stha, John
4. A Watch Tower
~~~
1. P’orihc, Ki’stha, John
~~~

Notes:

Time: Night

Name: John Freemaneth (TorrentHKU)
Race: Human

Intermission! Three times!

P’orihc: "Containment Facility. What a civilized name."

"Sounds better than Lockdown Gulag."

Putting your marbles away, you approach the guards.

"Excuse me, are the offices open right now? We've got an inquiry about someone being kept here."

Guard: ”Yeah, go on in and talk to the receptionist.”

Sounds easy enough. Your party heads on inside, where you find yourselves standing in a large. artificially-lit waiting room. Wooden chairs with padding sit along the walls, with a coffee table to the side of the room with newspapers folded neatly on top of it. In the wall in front of you is a thick pane of glass, starting at about waist high and ending about a foot under the ceiling. A chirop sits behind the glass at some sort of counter, a small rectangular hole cut out of the glass where her “desk space” is.

To the left of the room is a hallway, blocked off by two armored chirop with a decorated longsword sheathed at the hip.

It’s not regular steel armor, that much you can tell. The helm is shaped like that of a lion’s head, and the entire suit of armor has a reddish hue to it. You don’t know why, but you have a hunch that the armor is mostly made of AM, if not entirely.

Receptionist: ”Hello, how can I help you?”

She seems friendly enough for someone working in a “containment facility.”

Conditions:
Health: 50/50
Stamina: 5/5
Mana: 4/11
AP: 1/3
Evasion AP: 2/2
Fortification AP: 1/1

Evasion Behavior: Auto Evade when there is Evasion AP | Use Impulse Evasion to recover before actions if stumbled that turn and have at least 2 AP

Name: Kleigg (TheKebbit)
Race: Human

"Could you tell me a little about how to operate these runic gauntlets?"

Tabi: ”I’ll show you on the way, don’t want to be behind schedule.”

She pulls you by your shirt sleeve out of the building, eventually letting go as the two of you head towards the inner city.

Tabi: ”Here, put this on, don’t want to attract any attention with your armor.”

She hands you a burlap hooded cloak, which you put on.

Tabi: ”Now, the gauntlets are controlled by putting tiny amounts of mana into them in different places. There are seven points - Activate, More Power, Less Power, Next Mode, Previous Mode, Storage, and Withdraw. Putting a tiny amount of mana into one of the nodes will activate them. The Next and Previous modes rotate the the plate that shows what mode it’s in, you can adjust how much juice you want the gauntlet to use with the More or Less Power nodes, and activate the gauntlet with the Activation node. The Storage node is where you put in large amounts of mana to store for the gauntlet to use, and the Withdraw node gives you back mana based on how much you put in. Oh, there’s a mode with a skull and crossbones, that’s like uh, the suicide button. Don’t use that unless if you’re going to be caught, avoid interrogation an’ all that.”

The two of you arrive at the base of a large tower in the inner city. With the sun not quite up yet, the area is dark and few people on the streets.

Tabi: ”Alright, we don’t have a lot of time to set up, so we gotta go fast. I can create a diversion out here to draw out the guards, you can go in through another way and I’ll follow you after I deal with the guards. Our target is a large machine-thing in one of the basement levels. Ready?”

Conditions:
Health: 44.6/50
Stamina: 8/8
Mana: 8/8
AP: 3/3

Evasion Behavior: Manual

Captured Spells (0/2)

-Null Body (-10.4 Non-Negation Magic, +10.4 Magic Resistance)

Cut: 5.4 (Bandaged)
Strength -2.7 => -0

Name: P’orihc (Asklar)
Race: Chirop

"Containment Facility. What a civilized name."

John: "Sounds better than Lockdown Gulag. Excuse me, are the offices open right now? We've got an inquiry about someone being kept here."

Sounds easy enough. Your party heads on inside, where you find yourselves standing in a large. artificially-lit waiting room. Wooden chairs with padding sit along the walls, with a coffee table to the side of the room with newspapers folded neatly on top of it. In the wall in front of you is a thick pane of glass, starting at about waist high and ending about a foot under the ceiling. A chirop sits behind the glass at some sort of counter, a small rectangular hole cut out of the glass where her “desk space” is.

To the left of the room is a hallway, blocked off by two armored chirop with a decorated longsword sheathed at the hip.

It’s not regular steel armor, that much you can tell. The helm is shaped like that of a lion’s head, and the entire suit of armor has a reddish hue to it.

Conditions:
Health: 40/40
Stamina: 4/4
Mana: 12/12
AP: 2/2
Telepathic AP: 1/1

Evasion Behavior: Manual

Name: Ki’stha (Roast Veg)

P’orihc: "Containment Facility. What a civilized name."

John: "Sounds better than Lockdown Gulag. Excuse me, are the offices open right now? We've got an inquiry about someone being kept here."

It’s not regular steel armor, that much you can tell. The helm is shaped like that of a lion’s head, and the entire suit of armor has a reddish hue to it.

Conditions:
Stamina: 6/6
Mana: 10/10

Evasion Behavior: Evade when possible

Name: Kyeltziv (Amazigh)
Race: Lupus

Well, here goes nothing. Taking the Caelum token in your hand, you give it a thorough look-over, and then implanting the memories of the coin’s appearance into Grant’s mind.

Grant: Well, I have a clear idea of what it looks like now. I don’t feel particularly bound, though.

Maybe you need to stare at this coin harder. Putting the red-tinted metal to your eyes, you take in the minuscule scuffs and scratches in the metal, get a feel of the weight of the item, the meaning of the emblems on the coin’s faces (or at least make up a meaning). After your in-depth analysis with the coin, you try to implant the memories into Grant.

Grant: Still no binding, but I really know what that coin looks like. Maybe you need to put the memory in another place, or something.

Another place? Well, hmm. Scanning over Grant’s memory structure, you see him getting the ♥♥♥♥ murdered out of him from a kinetic and flame mage. There’s a strange memory here that gets distorted, seems to be a connection with his body? You trace the memory to a location that seems to be something about attachment. People feel attached to their bodies, family, close friends. Seems like the right place, so you inject the memories of the coin into the area.

Grant: Wow, this feels weird. I’m a coin!

Conditions:
Health: 88/88
Stamina: 10/10
Mana: 12/14
AP: 3/3
Melee AP: 2/2
Evasion AP: 2/2

Evasion Behavior: Auto Evade when there is Evasion AP

Spirit’s Eye (Accuracy cannot fall below 50%)

Name: Vandolf (CrazyMLC)
Race: Lupus

"Thankfully not! But I just learned that a companion went missing in Magusalto, so I'm going to see if they're okay."

You smile and wave, the guard waving back, and then you rush towards Magusalto while charging a mana stone. It doesn’t take long to reach the city, waving to the guards as you cross the bridge over the chasm. With the sun still down, there aren’t too many people moving about.

Conditions:
Health: 80/80
Stamina: 15/15
Mana: 1/2
Melee AP: 2/2

Evasion Behavior: Evade when possible

Name: Miimas

Conditions:
Stamina: 8/8
Mana: 10/10

Spirit’s Eye (Accuracy cannot fall below 50%)

Name: Grant
Race: Human Spirit

Conditions:
Health: 50/50
Stamina: -/-
Mana: 8/8
AP: 4/4

-Affixed to: Caelum Fire Token (+1 Basic AP)

Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:57 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"We are an emergency diplomatic envoy organised by the cities east of the Anri, we urgently need to interview a prisoner we believe to be held at this facility."

Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:57 pm

Roast Veg wrote:
"We are an emergency diplomatic envoy organised by the cities east of the Anri, we urgently need to interview a prisoner we believe to be held at this facility."

Receptionist: "An interview can be arranged. Who must you speak to?"

Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:06 pm
Loose Canon

"His name is Matis Emiel, he's a construct mage."

Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:23 pm
Profile WWW

> Head towards the city center with the largest buildings and load my crossbow. Keep an eye out for any stupid looking humans in cloaks, especially ones walking with other people, or wearing hair shirts, or in armor. Ask people I see if they've seen anyone matching that description.

Last edited by CrazyMLC on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:29 pm
Profile WWW

>Prepare a paper bomb with a long spool so that I can detonate it from a distance without bringing the building down on my head. Then proceed with the plan, slipping into the building and descending toward the target when Tabi makes her move.

Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:36 am

TorrentHKU wrote:
"His name is Matis Emiel, he's a construct mage."

Receptionist: "Alright, I'll need to take your names down for records, if you're all going, and then you can follow the guards."

Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:05 am
Loose Canon

> Nod. Write down name, follow guards. Diplomacy route, ahoy!

Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 257  Next