View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:53 pm



Reply to topic  [ 3925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189 ... 262  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3377
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Frankly, I'd like to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible. Last night was peaceful, but every time Claire goes to sleep I fear she'll have disappeared by morning."


Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:27 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8691
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Frankly, I'd like to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible. Last night was peaceful, but every time Claire goes to sleep I fear she'll have disappeared by morning."


Claire: "That's not very comforting."

Byron: "Tomorrow afternoon, then. Where should we meet you?"

Bezel: "At the western edge of the town we're staying in. It's directly to the east of this one."

Byron: "Alright then. Noon at the western edge of town. We'll be there."


Everyone finishes dinner, and it looks like the sun is just about setting.



[Time to head home]
[Chat for a bit (write-in)]


Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3377
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>We're probably done here. Time to bid our farewells, thank our gracious hosts for their help, and get home to prepare for tomorrow.

>Don't forget to bring both bikes with us!


Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:41 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8691
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>We're probably done here. Time to bid our farewells, thank our gracious hosts for their help, and get home to prepare for tomorrow.

>Don't forget to bring both bikes with us!


The three of you bid the Elanor residents farewell and leave, you and Claire in the double-sidecar motorcycle and Bezel on hers.



~



Fresh out of the shower, you drop into bed. The hike through the woods on that hunting trip tired you out.

[SLEEP]
[Other]


Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3377
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Resist urge to go check on Claire.

>Slep.


Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:11 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Light practice.
Then sleep.


Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:04 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8691
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Light practice.
Then sleep.


Sitting in bed, your room door still open, you practice light magic for a bit. Bezel's door is open as well, and you guess she's working on the data analyzer.

After a few minutes, you see Claire step into view and stand in Bezel's doorway.

Claire: "Um, Bezel?"

Bezel: "Hm?"

Claire: "I can't sleep. Worried that I'm gonna walk off or something. Can you, like, put a cage around my bed, or something."



Bezel: "Ookay."

Bezel and Claire head back to Claire's room, and after several minutes of things dragging on the floor and hard objects occasionally falling, Bezel returns to her room.


After a little more magic practicing, you decide to close your door and get to sleep.



~



Knocking on your door wakes you.

Bezel: "Time to get up."

A couple minutes later and you're downstairs, eating a ration for breakfast. Bezel, Claire, and Melanie are at the table with you, while Carson is in the medical ward because of an earlier shift.

Melanie: "Any new archaeology findings?"


Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:44 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3377
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"We did come upon some ruins to the west, but there was a Besthus blocking the path. I'm hoping it decides to leave soon enough, don't wanna fight THAT sorta beast without a platoon backing us up.

Other than that, the city Carson told me about was pretty good! A bit too recent for my tastes, but in quite good condition, and a few locals pointed us to the more interesting buildings."


Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:55 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8691
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"We did come upon some ruins to the west, but there was a Besthus blocking the path. I'm hoping it decides to leave soon enough, don't wanna fight THAT sorta beast without a platoon backing us up.

Other than that, the city Carson told me about was pretty good! A bit too recent for my tastes, but in quite good condition, and a few locals pointed us to the more interesting buildings."


Melanie: "Huh. Didn't realize they were using asbestos in construction."

Claire: "No, not asbestos. A creature called Besthus."

Melanie: "Oh. What's that?"

Claire: "Big, lanky lizard-wolf things with long white fur that saps mana from things that touch it, giving them anti-magic properties."

Melanie: "Huh. Can you just, shoot it?"

Claire: "They're pretty fast and you'd have to hit something vital, but yeah, shooting works."

Bezel: "Ready to go? Right about noon."

Claire: "YES."

Claire begins shoveling food into her mouth while you and Bezel get up and get your shoes on.



~



You, Bezel, and Claire stand at the edge of town. It isn't long until you see a shape on the distance, approaching.

After a bit, you see it's a deer carriage, though there's a good bit more waiting until it reaches you.

Now that it's closer, it looks more like a wagon with a tarp over the top than a carriage.

Byron is driving the deer, with Kalob in the wagon.

Byron: "Greetings again."


Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3377
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Hello! Glad you could make it. What's the uh, wagon, for?"


Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:39 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8691
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Hello! Glad you could make it. What's the uh, wagon, for?"


Byron: "Deer are faster than walking. Might as well bring some supplies, too."

You're no stranger to deer carriages. The pair pulling the wagon here seem sturdy and healthy, though they have a few scars here and there. Probably seen their fair share of hard labour and wild animals.

Byron: "Is any empty building good for us to stay in?"

There's one extra bedroom in the civie house for them, along with the couch if need be, but perhaps you don't want them staying under the same roof.


Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3377
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Well. It's probably best if we don't take you to the civvie house, might raise suspicions.

Bezel, think we maybe could fix that bar up a bit for them? It should have a place to store the wagon, hopefully."


Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:57 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8691
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Well. It's probably best if we don't take you to the civvie house, might raise suspicions.

Bezel, think we maybe could fix that bar up a bit for them? It should have a place to store the wagon, hopefully."


Bezel: "Maybe."

Your trio leads the two men to the bar, and after checking out more, you find that it has something resembling an outdoor storage area without walls but still has a roof for cover.

Byron: "This works well enough."

The deer are unhitched from the wagon, and simple tin troughs are unloaded. One is filled with water from a barrel, and another with feed.

Kalob pats one of the deer on the shoulder while it drinks.

Kalob: "They're pretty good at staying in place."

Byron pulls a pair of maces and brigandines, and shovels from the wagon, handing one set to Kalob.

Byron: "So, what's the plan?"

Claire: "Not sure if it's the beeest idea if I went into the courthouse, considering I seem to have issues or something."


Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3377
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>To Claire:

"Much on the contrary. We bring you in, and keep a careful watch. If you begin to act strangely, we know we're close to something important."

>To everyone else:

"Well, we should make our way to the old city hall. The parts of town away from the barracks are very much abandoned, so hopefully we won't attract any undue attention on the way."


Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:14 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>To Claire:

"For now, yeah. Though, we might involve you later, depending on how things go investigating alone."

>To everyone else:

"Well, we should make our way to the old city hall. The parts of town away from the barracks are very much abandoned, so hopefully we won't attract any undue attention on the way."


Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:28 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189 ... 262  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.050s | 18 Queries | GZIP : Off ]