View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:38 pm



Reply to topic  [ 4208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220 ... 281  Next
 Nechronica 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4770
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
>Look at the water for the first time.


Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:08 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4249
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:

Malia pokes her head out the back of the truck. The rain feels, extremely unpleasant and disorienting, so she quickly backs out. Still, she manages to catch a glimpse of the water.

It's dark, murky, covered in rust-colored foam and with a nauseating smell of salt and dead fish.

Feels... Strangely nostalgic, somehow.


Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:14 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> Eigla: We don't have time to stop. Keep going, though slow if needed to keep our driving manageable.
"Stay out of the rain. It damages us undead. Gets inside us, where it doesn't belong.
Well. Not me, anymore. One benefit of this body."


Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:40 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4770
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
>Twiddle my snakes.


Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:29 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4249
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:


Eigla continues to drive through the storm, trying to get to their destination as soon as possible. It takes some effort to keep the truck under control, but she manages it.


...Huh. Strange. The driving rain seems to be coming from the sea, but there's not much in terms of clouds in that area - In fact, the rest of the ruined city seems to be rather dry, other than the part you're driving through. The sounds of thunder are weird, as well.

BOOM fwomp

BOOM fwomp

BOOM splash


Very... Regular, and rhythmic. Not like the distant din of the usual storms, each blast seems to have a very distinct beggining and end. Almost like, footsteps.


Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:22 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> ...Bad feeling.
Look out the back, towards the sea. Is there something there?

Eigla: Stay the course. Glance out side window in direction of thunder.


Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:27 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4770
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"... Is that the meatblob?"


Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:21 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"If it is, it got much bigger."


Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:27 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4249
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:

Rosa looks out, towards the sea. Well, she can't actually see the sea itself, due to the huge wall sitting in the way, but she looks up at the sky over it. There's... A single rain cloud, large and almost perfectly spherical, moving in towards your path. The edge of it barely touches the road, generating the storm you're experiencing. The center is much darker, and descends toward the earth like a skyscraper-sized pillar.

Eigla glances up from the driver's seat, shielding her face from the rain with a hand. The area suddenly grows darker, as if something had completely blocked the setting sun. The thumping grows louder.

The ruined buildings suddenly come to life, sparks running over the metalwork as lighting begins to strike them repeatedly. Small creatures, undead and otherwise, scurry from their crevices to flee, and the broodcrabs quickly hide underwater.

BOOM shwomp

BOOM shwomp

BOOM shwomp

BOOM SHWOMP


The world shakes as a gigantic pillar sets itself down on top of the seawall, then another. The rain slams against the windshield, to the point cracks begin to appear across it. As the first pillar rises again, dropping next to the road with a thundering sound, you recognise it as some sort of... Foot? But, it's- it's so impossibly huge!

The foot lifts itself again, with a surprising lack of damage to the floor below it. There's a few cracks, and a single three yard wide hole, but not the sort of gigantic crater you'd associate with such a massive object's contact.
Looking up, you see... Something. Something tall beyond imagining, ponderously striding across the landscape, its pitch-black legs partially adhering to the nearby buildings for support. It's, like a person, but so much taller and ganglier, with four long arms ending in useless, jagged stumps that slowly drain a tar-like goo into the wind.
Instead of a head, its torso widens and spreads out as it reaches towards the cloud, like a distorted mushroom or a nuclear explosion, an image compounded by the red glow given off by its abdomen.

Emilia and Curie huddle together in fear, while Peggy groggily wakes up before beggining to scream in terror at the cyclopean colossus. Still, it hasn't noticed you... Right? RIGHT?


Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:05 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3714
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"No... what? How can this thing be? What if it swamps the road?"


Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:23 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> Stare.
Screaming will do nothing.
If it attacks us, we'll die.
Extraneous actions are without worth.
So.
Stare. Examine.
Find a weakness.

Eigla: Swear, continue driving if possible. Try to look inconspicuous.


Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:07 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3714
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
>Join Emilia and Curie to steady them.

"Curie... have you ever heard of such a thing before? Was there ever a weapon at this level used by Refuge?"


Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:31 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4770
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
>Try to size up whatever it is everyone's freaking out about by looking out of the nearest opening. Don't peek my head out, I learned my lesson.


Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:18 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4249
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:

Rosa examines the colossus. It's very hard to see through the storm, but... The thing is huge, impossibly huge. It looks like it would be easy to topple over, but somehow it's striding effortlessly across the jagged terrain. The sound its pillar-like feet make as they dig deep into mud and concrete reminds her very vaguely of her own pile bunker's.

Honestly, she has no idea. She doesn't comprehend how something this gargantuan can even exist, much less how to fight it. Maybe if she had long-ranged artillery, or an atomic bomb, or- Something, but facing it head on just seems like suicide.


Malia sheepishly peeks out a window. What could possibly be-

Oh. Oh. What? That's? What. How? Do, do tall things like that even exist? Even, even the cities, of old, they weren't tall like that, were they? That's- What. How.

She begins to feel nauseous all of a sudden, as her brain struggles to comprehend the antediluvian sight before her.



Curie shakes her head vehemently at Klimt's question, while Emilia holds her hands to her temples and grits her teeth, closing her eyes.

Curie: "N-negative. Negative? Unit - Cannot compute. No such target in database. Laws of physics would not- cannot- allow it to exist. It is too tall! Too top-heavy! W-we're all hallucinating!"

Emilia: "Aaaaaaaa it's loud it's so loud it keeps screeching it's in my mind make it shut up shut up shut up"


Peggy looks back from the front seat, tears streaming from her eyes. Her face looks panicked at first, but then settles into a blank, resigned expression.

Peggy: "...I thought they had all been destroyed. Long, long ago. They said, they lost the war. The last few had been burned to a crisp. The Master, he had won. He had killed them.

It's a pillar-man. The mind-killer. Humanity's last weapon against the undead.

We're all going to die here. Again. And, we're not coming back up."




Eigla struggles to keep the truck under control, as it is buffeted by the side winds. Out of the corner of her eye, she sees a large, pitch-black object be flung from atop a building, hurtling in their direction at breakneck speeds. Can she dodge, or break, or- ?


Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:20 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"Eigla! Protect us!"
Rosa: Fire at the object coming for us, if I know it's there.
Eigla: Floor it.


Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:30 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 4208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220 ... 281  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.027s | 16 Queries | GZIP : Off ]