View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:27 am



Reply to topic  [ 6749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 440, 441, 442, 443, 444, 445, 446 ... 450  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10325
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Well you didn't answer my question about the toxin resistance."


Aldente: "Mmm, don't you like changing up your clothes every once in a while?"
7419-01-03 Monday


Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:49 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4440
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
”I do, but that doesn’t mean I’ll straight up cosplay as someone else.


Speaking of that - Your new main body, what form did you choose for it? The same porcelain bell as before?”


Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:53 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10325
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
”I do, but that doesn’t mean I’ll straight up cosplay as someone else.


Speaking of that - Your new main body, what form did you choose for it? The same porcelain bell as before?”


Aldente: "Still the same body, just replaced the SBC. That was quite the precarious operation, I must say, but it worked out in the end.

You are referring to the porcelain queen in Heldhalm, I assume?"

7419-01-03 Monday


Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:19 am
Profile
Online
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Yeah.
...hm. You were using the SBCs for the transfer testing that we provided, in those canisters right? You didn't notice any spirits in or around those, did you?"


Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:25 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10325
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah.
...hm. You were using the SBCs for the transfer testing that we provided, in those canisters right? You didn't notice any spirits in or around those, did you?"


Aldente: "Now that you mention it, there did seem to be some residue on one of them, like a bone with a scrap of meat left."
7419-01-03 Monday


Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:33 am
Profile
Online
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"...why do your comparisons have to be so uncomfortably visceral.
You're weird.

But, that does give me an idea about the escapee. Good. And, also bad."
> Vault the memory(s) of Bezel losing her Haste spirit if we haven't already.


Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:35 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10325
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"...why do your comparisons have to be so uncomfortably visceral.
You're weird.

But, that does give me an idea about the escapee."
> Vault the memory(s) of Bezel losing her Haste spirit if we haven't already.


Vaulting operation already completed!

Aldente: "Hm. Yes, I see now.

Well, that's one mystery down!"

7419-01-03 Monday


Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:38 am
Profile
Online
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Yeah, sorry for being cryptic. I'm under some NDAs about it, can't say more, but I think I have a better idea of who and what we're dealing with with the stone thief now. It could be an actual major help in pinning them down.

Unless you were serious and you just read my mind in which case get out of my head dammit you carb-loving thousand year puppet master ultra-voyeur."


Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:43 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10325
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah, sorry for being cryptic. I'm under some NDAs about it, can't say more, but I think I have a better idea of who and what we're dealing with with the stone thief now. It could be an actual major help in pinning them down.

Unless you were serious and you just read my mind in which case get out of my head dammit you carb-loving thousand year puppet master ultra-voyeur."


She giggles to herself in a girlish manner -

Aldente: "Oh please, Ralph, I can connect a few dots. The remnant on that SBC turned out to be operational enough for the rogue to be conscious and escape. Perhaps it was even masking its true size with light magic trickery."
7419-01-03 Monday


Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:18 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4440
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Okay, at least she doesn’t know the full story. Phew.

“I wouldn’t put that past it. It’s a haste user, after all.


...Speaking of that. You - this new Claire, the body the haste user stole, your other dolls - they’re all grown from you, right? At least your book seemed to indicate that.

Are they, human? Biologically, I mean. Or, do they have some sort of core as well? Do they grow with SBCs of their own, or did you have to implant ones you’d previously harvested?”


Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:28 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10325
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Okay, at least she doesn’t know the full story. Phew.

“I wouldn’t put that past it. It’s a haste user, after all.


...Speaking of that. You - this new Claire, the body the haste user stole, your other dolls - they’re all grown from you, right? At least your book seemed to indicate that.

Are they, human? Biologically, I mean. Or, do they have some sort of core as well? Do they grow with SBCs of their own, or did you have to implant ones you’d previously harvested?”


Aldente: "All of the dolls are grown from my body, yes.

They are close enough to be human - a dissection would not lead you to believe otherwise, assuming I didn't intentionally twist them into some strange shape.

They all have their own SBCs and spirits, though the spirits are very simple in comparison to humans. Easy to program - too easy. If I were not connected to one, I'm sure even you could meddle with its mind. Less of a problem when the art of telepathy was in its infancy - now, trying to make one autonomous is basically throwing it away.

Though - Bezel did make those anti-telepathy corruption emitters, yes? I could find good use for those~"

7419-01-03 Monday


Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:25 am
Profile
Online
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Well, those are her wheelhouse, you'll have to asks her yourself if you want anything like that."


Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4440
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
”You should probably ask her personally. I’m sure a trade is not out of the question, depending on what you’d offer in return.


...You said, you could make them, autonomous. Do they, come, like that, by default? What I mean is... If you didn’t try to program or control one, would it be sentient?”


Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10325
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
”You should probably ask her personally. I’m sure a trade is not out of the question, depending on what you’d offer in return.


...You said, you could make them, autonomous. Do they, come, like that, by default? What I mean is... If you didn’t try to program or control one, would it be sentient?”


Aldente: "I can choose for them to have a will, or only capable of breathing and avoiding pain on their own."
7419-01-03 Monday


Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:10 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4440
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"I see. If they have a will, I imagine it'd be some sort of, reflection of yourself? Unless you're manually programming a will into them, which sounds... Actually somewhat scary. To be able to create consciousness out of nothing.


Also, uh. Is there a maximum size to them? In case, someone needed a 20 foot siege giant. Hypothetically."


Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:20 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 440, 441, 442, 443, 444, 445, 446 ... 450  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Areku, CaveCricket48, TorrentHKU


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.030s | 17 Queries | GZIP : Off ]