View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:03 pm



Reply to topic  [ 6931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455, 456 ... 463  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Hm.
Noted.

Well, we'll try to make it comfortable for you. Hopefully it'll feel like a rest instead of another mission.
How about you load up your stuff with Ingret? We'll do the scouting of the nearby ruins, and then we can talk about the Lawless on the way back to Darson."


Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:59 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10430
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm.
Noted.

Well, we'll try to make it comfortable for you. Hopefully it'll feel like a rest instead of another mission.
How about you load up your stuff with Ingret? We'll do the scouting of the nearby ruins, and then we can talk about the Lawless on the way back to Darson."


Mio: "Where are the ruins."
7419-01-04 Tuesday


Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:56 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4499
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"A bit to the Norh-Northwest of here, about 11 o’clock. It’s infested with a few drakes.

By the way, do you know what bricks are?"


Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:03 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10430
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"A bit to the Norh-Northwest of here, about 11 o’clock. It’s infested with a few drakes.

By the way, do you know what bricks are?"






Mio: "Maybe."
7419-01-04 Tuesday


Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4499
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>EYETWITCH.

“...Okay. Well, let’s get your stuff into Ingret, shall we?”


Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:07 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10430
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>EYETWITCH.

“...Okay. Well, let’s get your stuff into Ingret, shall we?”


Mio: "Okay."


~


Walking down the street in Ingret's core-city, your group leads Mio to a building for her to stay in. She looks around on the way, but her face remains as blank as before.

Upon arrival, you show her where she can sleep and bathe, and she sets her large backpack down in a room before turning back to you.

Mio: "Are we scouting now?"

A slight questioning tone to her voice, different from the flat monotone you've heard so far.
7419-01-04 Tuesday


Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:33 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4499
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
”I suppose, yes. It’s only going to be aerial reconaissance, though.

Ingret, do you think you could take us there?”


Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:40 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10430
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
”I suppose, yes. It’s only going to be aerial reconaissance, though.

Ingret, do you think you could take us there?”


Mio: "What about dragons."
7419-01-04 Tuesday


Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4499
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
”We’ve dealt with those before - They’re agressive, but Ingret has them outmatched in raw firepower. Hopefully they’ll leave us alone.”


Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:49 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
”We’ve dealt with those before - They’re agressive, but Ingret has them outmatched in raw firepower. We shoot to avoid them though.”


Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10430
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
”We’ve dealt with those before - They’re aggressive, but Ingret has them outmatched in raw firepower. We shoot to avoid them though.”


Mio: "Okay."


~


You ordered Ingret towards the site of the ruins, and for the past few minutes she's been flying towards there carefully without incident. Nothing is particularly visible from the air yet, due to the thick canopy of the swamp.

The expedition team is present, sitting in the large office room with you, along with Mio.




The speakers in the ceiling suddenly blare out -

Ingret: "Lost left wing, beginning evasive maneuvers. Two dragons."

Oliver: "Uh oh."
7419-01-04 Tuesday


Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:03 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4499
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"...The ENTIRE left wing? Oh dear.

Ingret, play it safe. If it looks like they're getting the upper hand, don't stick around."


Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10430
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"...The ENTIRE left wing? Oh dear.

Ingret, play it safe. If it looks like they're getting the upper hand, don't stick around."


Ingret: "Objective is scouting, scouting is impossible with the dense trees and dragons. Returning to Raena."


~


Your team is back in Raena, safe and sound.

Inspecting Ingret, you see that her wing has regrown already and back to its bright white color, while the rest of her is still black.

Oliver: "Goin' to the ruins might be safer on foot, or boat, whatever the terrain's like. Flyin' around is just gonna bring attention to Ingret."
7419-01-04 Tuesday


Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4499
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Fair point. On the other hand, I don't really want to go there without her firepower.

Hmmm.

Well, better not risk it, especially when we're this close to bringing Mio back. We probably should just take the short route back to Darson, when we're done asking around for info."


Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:09 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Yeah. Was hoping to get some safe recon without actually venturing in ourselves, but even the air isn't safe apparently.
Oh well. We'll have to prepare extra, I guess. Should bring stuff to trade when we are ready for the expedition, get some gear the hunters normally use.

Sorry we got your wing blown off, Ingret. Good work on the communication mid flight."
> Grateful fluffpets.


Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:20 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455, 456 ... 463  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.035s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]