View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 6913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 457, 458, 459, 460, 461
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"...
Alright. The Raena ruins are, too low reward and high risk for now. So, we'll go for the ones north of Ossolen next instead. Those we should at least be able to actually scout from the air.

In addition to the guns, I'd like to get us all outfitted with a sport caster, and some armor if Bezel can swing manufacturing it. I'd also like to get us outside and practicing with the equipment to familiarize ourselves; guns, casters, armor, and the armor constructs. We've got a few types of casters on hand, we'll figure out what the best fit for everyone is.
Valerie, I've already got a 14mm rifle, haven't practiced much with it, so factor that in for your gun deliberation."

Valerie: "Single-shot or magazine fed?"
7419-01-04 Wednesday

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:39 am
Loose Canon

"Magazine fed.
Let me think...

Epard Mk VI, about a dozen 6-shot magazines. 20x scope, and a red dot sight.
Bezel helped hook me up with that after my first expedition."

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:43 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Magazine fed.
Let me think...

Epard Mk VI, about a dozen 6-shot magazines. 20x scope, and a red dot sight.
Bezel helped hook me up with that after my first expedition."

Oliver: "Isn't that thing semi-auto? You huntin' manticores with that?"
7419-01-04 Wednesday

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:47 am
Loose Canon

"I'd almost think you asked that on purpose.
I got that gun after running into a manticore on that first expedition. We got away by the skin of our teeth. After that, everyone, me included, agreed I should get a weapon.
Ended up choosing something that could take down scaled bears and give bigger things pause."

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:52 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"I'd almost think you asked that on purpose.
I got that gun after running into a manticore on that first expedition. We got away by the skin of our teeth. After that, everyone, me included, agreed I should get a weapon.
Ended up choosing something that could take down scaled bears and give bigger things pause."

Oliver: "Oh."

Valerie: "I'll make a note of it. Definitely useful if we encounter larger core beasts, or need to take out vehicles.

If that's all for now, I'll start getting together an arms list."

Oliver: "What should I do."
7419-01-04 Wednesday

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:32 am
Loose Canon

"Hm. I'd like to get us all into the new equipment at once, so we can work together on learning to use it.
How'd you pick up your survival skills? Maybe read up on how to handle swamps, start preparing HM gear for that. Some sets of basic gear for us too, for anywhere. Canteens, shovels, knives, whatever you'd normally take or make for a wilderness trip, for four.
If you're up for it, could try making some armor too. Nothing too crazy for now, some light body armor to protect from blades, blows, and teeth."

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:11 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm. I'd like to get us all into the new equipment at once, so we can work together on learning to use it.
How'd you pick up your survival skills? Maybe read up on how to handle swamps, start preparing HM gear for that. Some sets of basic gear for us too, for anywhere. Canteens, shovels, knives, whatever you'd normally take or make for a wilderness trip, for four.
If you're up for it, could try making some armor too. Nothing too crazy for now, some light body armor to protect from blades, blows, and teeth."

Oliver: "Aight."

Valerie: "Evelyn can help me out with selecting arms - her inexperience can help us determine what would be comfortable and intuitive to new users, unless if you have another job for her."
7419-01-04 Wednesday

Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:17 am
Loose Canon

"No, that will be good."

Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:49 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"No, that will be good."

Valerie: "I'll get started then."

Valerie stands up and Evelyn follows after her, leaving the conference room.

Oliver: "Guess I should get started."

[To Ingret!]
[Other]
7419-01-04 Wednesday

Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:28 am

>To Ingret! Let's get that gear.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:43 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
>To Ingret! Let's get that gear.

~

Inside Ingret's core city, you take a look at the items available -

CardCaster Pistol x3
CardCaster Carbine x2
CardCaster Rifle x1
CardCaster Gauntlet x3

And multiples of the spell cards -

Fireball Card
Firelance Thrower Card
Firewall Card
Kinetic Bolt Card
Homing Kinetic Bolt Card
Kinetic Barrier Card
Lightbeam Card
Flare Card
Radar Card
Disassembler Card
Antimagic Card

Three of the stronger suits of armor that Bezel made, with the blacked-out surface, heat-reflective coating, emergency air supply, and anti-magic corruption disks. One fitted for you, one for Bezel, and one for Claire.

Then there are four generic sets of plain armor, simple pieces of HM for basic protection that the guides from West Maazo used.

And, of course, the two military-grade constructs.
7419-01-04 Wednesday

Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:00 am
Loose Canon

> Take the Rifle, one carbine, two pistols, and two gauntlets. I think we're going to aim for sidearms or tools for these, rather than primary weapons. And, grab at least one of all the different spells. We'll get everyone's opinion of them in the field.
Armor... set aside my blacked out suit, one of the military constructs, and a couple of the simple armor sets. Probably I'll end up in the stronger armor, and we'll see who hops in the military constructs. Maybe see if anyone can fit in the Claire and Bezel fitted suits too.

Anyway, put all that stuff off to the side for now, where we can grab it easily. Not gonna use it here in the lab, we'll do a test ruin out in a field somewhere, where there's nothing to ruin with our magic weapons. We also don't want to scare anyone stomping around with the military constructs.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:59 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
> Take the Rifle, one carbine, two pistols, and two gauntlets. I think we're going to aim for sidearms or tools for these, rather than primary weapons. And, grab at least one of all the different spells. We'll get everyone's opinion of them in the field.
Armor... set aside my blacked out suit, one of the military constructs, and a couple of the simple armor sets. Probably I'll end up in the stronger armor, and we'll see who hops in the military constructs. Maybe see if anyone can fit in the Claire and Bezel fitted suits too.

Anyway, put all that stuff off to the side for now, where we can grab it easily. Not gonna use it here in the lab, we'll do a test ruin out in a field somewhere, where there's nothing to ruin with our magic weapons. We also don't want to scare anyone stomping around with the military constructs.

You set aside the autocasters, cards, and Bezel-made armor in an easily-accessible place in the office building.

The military constructs, on the other hand, are stored closer to the center of the city, in a small, locked-down building guarded by Ingret. They can probably stay in there until you actually need to pull them out.

With the items ready, you can go get your team now! Though, they probably won't be done with their tasks yet.

[Timeskip to later in the day]
[Other]
7419-01-04 Wednesday

Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 6913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 457, 458, 459, 460, 461