View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:16 pm



Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 The Light Will Guide Us 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0027



~~~

563-05-12
Night

~~~

Langley: "Here, take these if you don't have another weapon.
So, uh, everyone except me and the boy with the knives, really. And I guess the captain, with her one arm and all."


Maxim and Gabriel both take a crossbow and quiver.

~~~

Sei: "Well, this was going too smoothly for my tastes anyways. Hand me that towel, will you?"

Charlotte passes a towel to the Captain, who then covers the captive’s face. Grabbing the nearby bucket, she starts pouring water on the towel and watches the man squirm and gasp. After several seconds of splashing and thrashing, the Captain pauses.

Sei: "If you wanna talk, I'm listening."

Heretic: ”I, I don’t know.”

The processes is repeated several more times, the captive still claiming ignorance, until eventually he seems to have a change of heart.

Taking a moment to cough and slow is rapid breathing, the captive slowly talks.

Heretic: ”Somewhere… Somewhere in Sofolk… We only get told things through the, the rank leader, Wendal, he’s in Sofolk, I don’t know where.”

~~~


________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a past of peaceful days
So s gi e me s r n

~


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant and pure
lis le s m sou

~


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand
Solis uid m p a

You take the crossbow and look it over, using the candles in the cabin for light.

Steel prod and trigger, wooden stock. The stock doesn’t appear to have any abnormal wear that would indicate a worn-off mark - perhaps it was made without one?


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at peace
Solis uard m i

After taking a crossbow, you look around for food.

A nearby shed has some foot stores, it seems - smoked meat of some kind from small game probably, and jars of preserved fruits and vegetables.


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of peaceful days
o i g me stre g

~


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a past of peaceful days
So i g ve m str n

Quote:
Hm, explosives?

You check your bag of sulphur - plenty of material, maybe ten pounds of it.


Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4520
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Pat pat.

"See? Not that hard. Though, what sort of underling you are, taking orders without even having met the man who tells you to jump? That's why I hate heretics - Bunch of weak-willed fools."


Sleuth, you know any Wendals? Seems like we have a lead."



Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:40 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
> Probably not stolen or purchased. Maybe they made it themselves? That would require special equipment...

> Approach the heretic.


"Where did you acquire these weapons?"
> Hold up the crossbow.


Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 2843
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Attempt to make a small grenade-like explosive


Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:19 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0028



~~~

563-05-12
Night

~~~

Sei: "See? Not that hard. Though, what sort of underling you are, taking orders without even having met the man who tells you to jump? That's why I hate heretics - Bunch of weak-willed fools."

Sleuth, you know any Wendals? Seems like we have a lead."


Charlotte: ”I do not. It sounds like this group is bigger than I expected, though.”

The Priest enters the room - he’s holding one of the crossbows that the heretics were using, and show it to the captive.

Gabriel: "Where did you acquire these weapons?"

Heretic: ”They were given to us. I don’t know who the people were that provided them.”

~~~


________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a past of peaceful days
So s gi e me s r n

~


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant and pure
lis le s m sou

~


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand
Solis uid m p a

~


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at peace
Solis uard m i

~


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of peaceful days
o i g me stre g

~


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a past of peaceful days
So i g ve m str n

Heading into your lab, you begin using your mortar and pestle to grind chunks of sulphur into a fine powder.

Then, you grab jars holding pre-ground charcoal and saltpeter and mix them with the sulphur according to your latest experimental ratio to form the explosive powder.

Pouring some of the powder into a wax-coated pouch, you insert a fuse into the top and tie it closed tightly. After that, the pouch of explosive powder goes into a small wooden tube filled with rocks and the opening is closed, with the fuse sticking out of a hole in the lid.

For waterproofing, you take a candle and seal all the edges with wax.

Aaaaand… You’re done! One explosive weapon complete!


Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:05 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
> Is the boss still bullying one of the cultists?


Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:07 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4520
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Not too bright, this one. They told him to jump, he did."


>Well, seems like we're about done. Use the same methods to question the other captive, though I don't expect much more. Afterwards, keep guard through the night. Tomorrow we shall bring home our spoils.


Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:03 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"When were they given to you? Which city?"


Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0029



~~~

563-05-13
Day

~~~

Gabriel: "When were they given to you? Which city?"

Heretic: ”Maybe a month ago. Sofolk.”


Sei: "Not too bright, this one. They told him to jump, he did."

Langley arrives just in time to see the Captain drag in the next heretic, watching the interrogation process as the same information is extracted - Wendal, Sofolk.

After that, the Captain calls it a night and lets her subordinates rest as she keeps watch.


~


The Captain and her team returns to the Order of Solis barracks in Rowan with the heretics in tow, along with the two potential aid-to-heretics.

Letting several men from the Order take the heretics to the dungeons, the Captain leads her team and the potential-heretic-aids to her superior’s office and gives her report.

Markus Jarron, Chapter Seer of Rowan. He looks quite aged, greying hair and beard, yet still possessing a powerful frame fit for the hunt.



Markus: ”Interesting.”

The Chapter Seer sifts through several stacks of papers on his desk before pulling out a packet, flipping through it for several seconds before stopping.

Markus: ”There it is, another mention of this Wendal fellow. A bigger group of heretics than we initially suspected.”

He taps a finger slowly on his desk, thinking.

Markus: ”I would rather have one of our more seasoned teams take over this case, unless if you’ve got an itch for this particular one.”

~~~


________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a past of peaceful days
So s gi e me s r n

~


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant and pure
lis le s m sou

~


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand
Solis uid m p a

~


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at peace
Solis uard m i

~


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of peaceful days
o i g me stre g

~


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a past of peaceful days
So i g ve m str n

Quote:
Heading into your lab, you begin using your mortar and pestle to grind chunks of sulphur into a fine powder.

Then, you grab jars holding pre-ground charcoal and saltpeter and mix them with the sulphur according to your latest experimental ratio to form the explosive powder.

Pouring some of the powder into a wax-coated pouch, you insert a fuse into the top and tie it closed tightly. After that, the pouch of explosive powder goes into a small wooden tube filled with rocks and the opening is closed, with the fuse sticking out of a hole in the lid.

For waterproofing, you take a candle and seal all the edges with wax.

Aaaaand… You’re done! One explosive weapon complete!


Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4520
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
”Hm.

I’d rather continue with it, finish what I started. The rookies are raw, but they showed promise. Not to mention how shortstaffed you are.”


Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:33 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)

Sei: ”Hm.

I’d rather continue with it, finish what I started. The rookies are raw, but they showed promise. Not to mention how shortstaffed you are.”


Markus: ”Very well. I will gather what information we have regarding this ‘Wendal’. What will you do with these two?”

He gestures to Diamond and Maxim.

Markus: ”Heretics, but not witches. They could be useful, if you feel they are not dangerous to work with.”


Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:48 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3793
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"On what grounds do you call me that, sir?"


Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4520
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
”Oi, don’t question the Hunt, heretic. We have an eye for such things.”

At any rate. They seem, trustworthy enough, for now. Willing to fight the cultists, at least. More than that, I don’t think we should let the alchemist go unsupervised - Her skills make her a target, and a potential asset to the witches. I’d be more comfortable if I could keep her within my sights.”


Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:31 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)

Maxim: "On what grounds do you call me that, sir?"

Sei: ”Oi, don’t question the Hunt, heretic. We have an eye for such things.”

At any rate. They seem, trustworthy enough, for now. Willing to fight the cultists, at least. More than that, I don’t think we should let the alchemist go unsupervised - Her skills make her a target, and a potential asset to the witches. I’d be more comfortable if I could keep her within my sights.”



Markus: ”I see. I’ll leave them to you then.

Go check the armory for anything you can get your hands on - last I was there it was picked clean, but perhaps there’s an odd thing left. And take that heretical Investigator with you. I don’t know who her client is, but the both of you have a common goal.

I’ll get you your information in the meantime.”


Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4520
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Aye, Sir.

Come on, troops. No sense in dilly-dallying!"


>To the armory! By Solis, I will turn this ragtag band of misfits into a competent hunting squad, or die trying.


Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:05 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.026s | 16 Queries | GZIP : Off ]