View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6969 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 461, 462, 463, 464, 465
 World Reader 
Loose Canon

Post Re: World Reader
"Nope, big constructs like this aren't her specialty. These we, liberated, from a group of Lawless, along with the sport casters and a big crate of mana stones. They're uh, mmmost likely stolen military property, that we stole from the Lawless.
That incident was the impetus for hiring you three for the expedition team, to get Bezel's very valuable skills out of the way of dangerous situations like that."

Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:33 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Nope, big constructs like this aren't her specialty. These we, liberated, from a group of Lawless, along with the sport casters and a big crate of mana stones. They're uh, mmmost likely stolen military property, that we stole from the Lawless.
That incident was the impetus for hiring you three for the expedition team, to get Bezel's very valuable skills out of the way of dangerous situations like that."

Evelyn: "... This is an archaeology team, right?"
7419-01-05 Thursday

Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:47 am

"Pro-active archaeology! Some times you have to create the ruins yourself, you see."

>Grin, then be honest.

"Truth is - It's a really dangerous world out there. Even if we don't seek out trouble, it has a habit of finding us. That's why we're focusing so much on training and preparation, so we'll be ready when things go south."

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Areku wrote:
"It's a really dangerous world out there. Even if we don't seek out trouble, it has a habit of finding us. That's why we're focusing so much on training and preparation, so we'll be ready when things go south."

Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:49 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"It's a really dangerous world out there. Even if we don't seek out trouble, it has a habit of finding us. That's why we're focusing so much on training and preparation, so we'll be ready when things go south."

Evelyn: "I mean, raiding the lawless sounds more like police work than research..."
7419-01-05 Thursday

Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:07 am

"Pro-active archaeology! Some times you have to liberate the artifacts from villains with nefarious intent. Have you never watched the Harrison Jones movies?"

Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:11 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"That was, an exception.
Well. I guess an exception that happened twice, with that time outside the gun store...
Ugh. I didn't realize it but I suppose I have a bad habit. It, isn't our job, and isn't what we should be doing. So, if you catch me trying to argue for playing hero, feel free to stop me."

Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:12 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"That was, an exception.
Well. I guess an exception that happened twice, with that time outside the gun store...
Ugh. I didn't realize it but I suppose I have a bad habit. It, isn't our job, and isn't what we should be doing. So, if you catch me trying to argue for playing hero, feel free to stop me."

Evelyn: "Okay..."

After everyone gets a try in the construct armor, your team cleans up, packs up, and heads back to the office.

~

It's later in the afternoon, almost the end of the work day.

You're back in the conference room with your team, though Bezel away, busy tending to her engineers and making sure nothing exploded.

Valerie: "When is the next expedition planned?"
7419-01-05 Thursday

Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:29 am

”A week from now, I’d say. I’d like to give everyone a bit more time to get used to the equipment and train as a team. Rushing into things will probably not work out, this time.”

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:01 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6969 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 461, 462, 463, 464, 465