View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8976 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 521, 522, 523, 524, 525, 526, 527 ... 599  Next
 World Reader 
Loose Canon

Post Re: World Reader
"I would've kind of glossed over that line, but what are you thinking? My first thought is just a weird of saying it stays small, but do you think the expansion is decompression? Or growth?"

Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:33 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"I would've kind of glossed over that line, but what are you thinking? My first thought is just a weird of saying it stays small, but do you think the expansion is decompression? Or growth?"

Claire: "Near the bottom, there's a line that says 'Core decompression is decelerated'... It sounds like this is a witch variant, or something similar to a witch, that doesn't explosively decompress.

'Unlike', would suggest there are other entities in the same family, I think."

7420-02-21 Monday

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:19 pm
Loose Canon

"If that's a feature list of things this variant has compared to normal witches, why are "Internal Environment" and "Regenerating Exterior Body" on there? Those are both things normal witches, or at least normal queens, can do."

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:22 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"If that's a feature list of things this variant has compared to normal witches, why are "Internal Environment" and "Regenerating Exterior Body" on there? Those are both things normal witches, or at least normal queens, can do."

Claire: "Maybe witches aren't the only creatures with some of these features - there are others with some, or just one?"
7420-02-21 Monday

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:31 am
Loose Canon

"What others have compressed cores?"

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:50 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"What others have compressed cores?"

Claire: "None that I know of, but the Daeli were not the best at leaving behind useful information. It's possible that some of the 'witches' they exterminated were not exactly witches, just similar."
7420-02-21 Monday

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:08 am

"Hmmmm. That, that could make sense. It's a bit of a long shot, but- I could pore over records and tales of witch hunts, see if there were slow or absent core detonations.

Oh - By the way, I talked with Opera again, asked her about the manuscript. She says she doesn't know much about it personally, but her progenitor did. It apparently contains dangerous information, used by the Imprinters, whoever those may be.

OH! And, the lab results came back on it, though I'm not sure how much I trust them. They say it's, uh, roughly 13 thousand years old. I'm, not sure paper can even last that long under the best of circumstances."

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:44 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Areku wrote:
"Hmmmm. That, that could make sense. It's a bit of a long shot, but- I could pore over records and tales of witch hunts, see if there were slow or absent core detonations. Or, I guess if you ignore the heavy armor, then that lines up pretty well with current witches... maybe this does align with current witches. The armor thing could've evolved away, if it was external.

Oh - By the way, I talked with Opera again, asked her about the manuscript. She says she doesn't know much about it personally, but her progenitor did. It apparently contains dangerous information, used by the 'Imprinters', whoever those may be.

OH! And, the lab results came back on it, though I think they screwed it up somehow. Result came back as something like 13 thousand years old, which, that'd be pre-Cataclysm even. I'm gonna send in another sample and tell them to be careful this time."

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:47 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hmmmm. That, that could make sense. It's a bit of a long shot, but- I could pore over records and tales of witch hunts, see if there were slow or absent core detonations. Or, I guess if you ignore the heavy armor, then that lines up pretty well with current witches... maybe this does align with current witches. The armor thing could've evolved away, if it was external.

Oh - By the way, I talked with Opera again, asked her about the manuscript. She says she doesn't know much about it personally, but her progenitor did. It apparently contains dangerous information, used by the 'Imprinters', whoever those may be.

OH! And, the lab results came back on it, though I think they screwed it up somehow. Result came back as something like 13 thousand years old, which, that'd be pre-Cataclysm even. I'm gonna send in another sample and tell them to be careful this time."

Claire: "That sounds like a pretty big dating error.

Pages of code, 'Imprinters' - maybe someone who applies the code in some manner?"

7420-02-21 Monday

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:57 am

”Probably, yes. I suppose the one way we’ll find out for sure is by talking with the ancestor Opera mentioned - Apparently she’s some sort of plant-based witch, goes by the name of Rafflesia. Does that ring any bells?”

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:04 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Areku wrote:
”Probably, yes. I suppose the one way we’ll find out for sure is by talking with the ancestor Opera mentioned - goes by the name of Rafflesia, or other various plant names but that's the most common one she uses, and has a thing for plants in general. Does that ring any bells?”

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:21 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
”Probably, yes. I suppose the one way we’ll find out for sure is by talking with the ancestor Opera mentioned - goes by the name of Rafflesia, or other various plant names but that's the most common one she uses, and has a thing for plants in general. Does that ring any bells?”

Claire: "No - never read anything about a plant-witch."
7420-02-21 Monday

Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:08 am
Loose Canon

"Yeah, not surprising I guess. A super ancient witch probably wouldn't survive all this long by being well known.

Hm. Imprinter is an odd word for just entering code. Feels like it's something more, and possibly slightly more... ehh, dangerous, sinister? Opera did not have good vibes about it."

Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:47 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah, not surprising I guess. A super ancient witch probably wouldn't survive all this long by being well known.

Hm. Imprinter is an odd word for just entering code. Feels like it's something more, and possibly slightly more... ehh, dangerous, sinister? Opera did not have good vibes about it."

Claire: "What did she say about it?"
7420-02-21 Monday

Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:56 am
Loose Canon

"Well. She said that Rafflesia told her the manuscript contains very dangerous information, and that it was used by Imprinters. She also proposed Opera become an Imprinter, which Opera declined.
And, almost verbatim, that's all Rafflesia told her. No further explanation or details on any of it.
The Daeli wiped this info out, along with a lot of other potentially dangerous, abusable, or weaponizable info from long ago. That was reason enough for Opera to want nothing to do with it."

Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:02 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8976 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 521, 522, 523, 524, 525, 526, 527 ... 599  Next