View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:46 am



Reply to topic  [ 8984 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 563, 564, 565, 566, 567, 568, 569 ... 599  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11611
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Wry smile.
"Evelyn, we'd have to be handcuffed basically every second we're outside Ingret for that to work, lest Rafflesia just grab me the moment we're more than 10 feet apart.
And logistical problems like bathrooms aside, I think Bezel would take issue with it as well."


Evelyn: "Right.

Maybe a note would work?"

7420-02-29 Wednesday


Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:36 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Might. If she can spy on me with Observer, then she'd certainly be able to notice a note. Question is if she'll heed it. She seems, amicable enough, as far as ancient witch queens go. But she still has her own agenda and reasons, and picking you up might not fit cleanly into that.
But we should try."


Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:41 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4941
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Might. If she can spy on me with Observer, then she'd certainly be able to notice a note. Question is if she'll heed it. She seems, amicable enough, as far as ancient witch queens go. But she still has her own agenda and reasons, and picking you up might not fit cleanly into that.
But we should try."


"Also, I should ask - Other than wanting more information about this whole business, why are you interested in meeting up with her?"


Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:50 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11611
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Might. If she can spy on me with Observer, then she'd certainly be able to notice a note. Question is if she'll heed it. She seems, amicable enough, as far as ancient witch queens go. But she still has her own agenda and reasons, and picking you up might not fit cleanly into that.
But we should try."


"Also, I should ask - Other than wanting more information about this whole business, why are you interested in meeting up with her?"


Evelyn: "Well, I was thinking, if she knows I'm helping you, and I meet her, she might give me the viewing ability too!"
7420-02-29 Wednesday


Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:58 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4941
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"...And then, you'd be deeper into this mess than you already are, though.

Think about it. As much as it is powerful, this thing comes with a responsibility - To find what she looks for, or else. I'm now stuck in a conflict between two entities powerful enough that I definitely would not want to anger.

Would you be willing to take that risk, just in exchange for far sight?"


Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:07 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11611
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"...And then, you'd be deeper into this mess than you already are, though.

Think about it. As much as it is powerful, this thing comes with a responsibility - To find what she looks for, or else. I'm now stuck in a conflict between two entities powerful enough that I definitely would not want to anger.

Would you be willing to take that risk, just in exchange for far sight?"


She nods.

Evelyn: "Though, it's not in exchange. It's, scary, and dangerous, but I want to be involved. To be a part of history."
7420-02-29 Wednesday


Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:25 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Part of history, huh...
You're a brave girl, Evelyn. And a bit foolish.

I'll do what I can."


Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:26 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11611
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Part of history, huh...
You're a brave girl, Evelyn. And a bit foolish.

I'll do what I can."


A wry smile appears on her face.

Evelyn: "Foolish, maybe.

The second worst fate I can imagine, is a horrible death from being swept into some grand motion of the world.

The first worst, is dying after having lived a boring, ignorant life."

7420-02-29 Wednesday


Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:53 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Heh. Boring lives tend to last longer, is one important factor.
But I think we've pretty firmly left the realm of boring and ignorant far behind. Let's see how far we can beat the average."


Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:58 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11611
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Heh. Boring lives tend to last longer, is one important factor.
But I think we've pretty firmly left the realm of boring and ignorant far behind. Let's see how far we can beat the average."


Evelyn: "Just need to watch out for the dying part.


I should probably get back to the others, before they start wondering where I am."

7420-02-29 Wednesday


Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:31 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Alright. What are you guys doing right now anyway?"


Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:05 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11611
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Alright. What are you guys doing right now anyway?"


Evelyn: "Sitting around, mostly."
7420-02-29 Wednesday


Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:02 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Mm. Bezel's talking to her boss now about taking time to study in Vellum. She's planning for half a year.
I dunno what exactly the expedition team will be doing, but most likely we'll be based out of Vellum too. So, you guys might want to prepare for that if you haven't already."


Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:23 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11611
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Mm. Bezel's talking to her boss now about taking time to study in Vellum. She's planning for half a year.
I dunno what exactly the expedition team will be doing, but most likely we'll be based out of Vellum too. So, you guys might want to prepare for that if you haven't already."


Evelyn: "Okay, I'll let the others know."

She walks out of the office, leaving you alone at your desk once again.


[Timeskip]
[Other]
7420-02-29 Wednesday


Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:01 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> ...
Try Observer, and then try to cast a light THROUGH observer. Put some real distance into it so it won't be just me casting normally. Like, Observe to the roof or something.


Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:04 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 8984 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 563, 564, 565, 566, 567, 568, 569 ... 599  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.036s | 16 Queries | GZIP : Off ]