View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8661 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 572, 573, 574, 575, 576, 577, 578  Next
 World Reader 
Loose Canon

Post Re: World Reader
"Let me map more first. If there's nothing that looks worth grabbing, or there's hundreds and hundreds of them with guns, that might change things.
Actually let me check if it has a core at least."
> Does it have a core?

Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:33 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Let me map more first. If there's nothing that looks worth grabbing, or there's hundreds and hundreds of them with guns, that might change things.
Actually let me check if it has a core at least."
> Does it have a core?

Shifting Observer into the creature, you see flesh and bones and veins and such of an organic entity. After some looking around, you don't see anything resembling a core.

Its organs seem "normal" for an animal you guess - you're not a biologist, but all the important things are there - digestive tract, lungs, heart, liver, kidneys.

You also decide to check its feet.

They... Look like hands? It has robust, heavily padded "hands" for feet. Its actual hands seem to be less padded, and look very human-like - no nails like lupus, or fewer digits like chirop.

The skin around the entire creature seems to be very, loose? A lot of excess material that is creased and shifted to form the texture of the rubble.
7420-03-07 Wednesday

Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:05 am
Loose Canon

"No core. My guess is just a heavily altered human. Doesn't have the the bone structure of a chirop or lupus.
But GOD it looks weird. Lots of extra skin that folds into textures, and their feet are like, well padded hands."

Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:17 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"No core. My guess is just a heavily altered human. Doesn't have the the bone structure of a chirop or lupus.
But GOD it looks weird. Lots of extra skin that folds into textures, and their feet are like, well padded hands."

Oliver: "So it's like, a giant camouflaged monkey?"

Frederick: "If it was originally a human and has magic, it could be fairly dangerous up close. Size of a lupus while being a magic user."
7420-03-07 Wednesday

Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:02 am
Loose Canon

"Yyyeah, pretty much.
...honestly, an altered monkey isn't out of the question, though unfortunately I think humans are more likely."

Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:49 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yyyeah, pretty much.
...honestly, an altered monkey isn't out of the question, though unfortunately I think humans are more likely."

Valerie: "What's the plan? Map first, then figure out from there?"

[Map!]
[Other]
7420-03-07 Wednesday

Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:46 am

>Map! Make sure to let the others know where the magic monkey is located, however, so they can see it in case it suddenly moves. Don't get so focused on mapping that we lose track of the safety of our position.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:49 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
>Map! Make sure to let the others know where the magic monkey is located, however, so they can see it in case it suddenly moves. Don't get so focused on mapping that we lose track of the safety of our position.

~

You spend a good hour hopping around the research facility with Observer, drawing the rough layout of the place and places of interest.

Lots of machinery, old paperwork, and bones here and there that look human when you find the occasional skull.

You find a total of five different camouflage creatures, all appropriately camouflaged in their locations, only giving themselves away with movement or a strange silhouette - seems like they conceal themselves even if they don't know they're being watched. There could possibly be more of them that are better hidden that you missed.

With your mapping done, you deactivate Observer and return to your body in full, leaving the weird half-and-half sensation.
7420-03-07 Wednesday

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:18 am
Loose Canon

"Alright, that's the facility all mapped out.
Mercifully few of the monkey things, only about a half dozen that I saw. That said there may be more, just being sneaky. I only noticed these ones by luck or because they moved.
A lot of good machinery, definitely worth salvaging.
More than one human skull around, which is... unpleasant."

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:50 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Alright, that's the facility all mapped out.
Mercifully few of the monkey things, only about a half dozen that I saw. That said there may be more, just being sneaky. I only noticed these ones by luck or because they moved.
A lot of good machinery, definitely worth salvaging.
More than one human skull around, which is... unpleasant."

Valerie: "What's next?"
7420-03-07 Wednesday

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:45 am

”Hmmm. They don’t seem to be carrying guns or other weaponry - probably rely on stealth for picking lone people off. It should be okay to approach a bit, as long as we keep to the open area.

Evelyn - How close would you need to get to ascertain if they’re spiritless or just masking their telepathic presence?”

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:24 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
”Hmmm. They don’t seem to be carrying guns or other weaponry - probably rely on stealth for picking lone people off. It should be okay to approach a bit, as long as we keep to the open area.

Evelyn - How close would you need to get to ascertain if they’re spiritless or just masking their telepathic presence?”

Evelyn: "About fifty meters."
7420-03-07 Wednesday

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:39 am

"That's our target distance, then. Let's approach slowly, and I'll keep you updated on the creature's position. This is not a full-blown engagement, though - If it retreats into the building or tries to attack, we're calling it off and coming back with heavy armor. We're just here for the telepathic scan, right now."

Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:16 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"That's our target distance, then. Let's approach slowly, and I'll keep you updated on the creature's position. This is not a full-blown engagement, though - If it retreats into the building or tries to attack, we're calling it off and coming back with heavy armor. We're just here for the telepathic scan, right now."

Ingret: "Should I follow you?"
7420-03-07 Wednesday

Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:14 am
Loose Canon

"Stay here for now. If someone casts a big light in the air, rush in and look dangerous."
> Hm. Before we go, are there any of the monkeys like, within direct line of sight of us? Like that first one we saw?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:41 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8661 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 572, 573, 574, 575, 576, 577, 578  Next