View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 8952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 582, 583, 584, 585, 586, 587, 588 ... 597  Next
 World Reader 
Loose Canon

Post Re: World Reader
"They could literally live in here, but I doubt Ingret wants that.
So yeah, we can just drop them off. Same with the files?"

Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:07 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"They could literally live in here, but I doubt Ingret wants that.
So yeah, we can just drop them off. Same with the files?"

Miina: "Yeah. Probably Monday though, don't think the Ossolen team wants to deal with figuring out where to store all the machines on a Friday afternoon.

Gonna go talk to Liam now, give him an update."

7420-03-09 Friday

Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:18 am

”Sure thing. I’ll walk you out, gotta discuss something with Claire.”

>Do so!

Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"I've got to talk to him too, but I need to check in with my team on something first."
> Back to, wherever the team is!

Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:07 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"I've got to talk to him too, but I need to check in with my team on something first."
> Back to, wherever the team is!

The two of you leave the core and walk back to the office building, with you dropping by the conference room where the members of the expedition team is present as usual.
7420-03-09 Friday

Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:20 am
Loose Canon

"Hey, quick survey. Anyone have issue with ferrying a Whitehawk rep over to Vellum? They're very keen on re-establishing contact, and we're the only ones with a reliable way up there right now."

Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:58 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hey, quick survey. Anyone have issue with ferrying a Whitehawk rep over to Vellum? They're very keen on re-establishing contact, and we're the only ones with a reliable way up there right now."

Everyone looks around at everyone else.

Valerie: "I don't think we have any problems with it."

Frederick: "No problem here."

Oliver and Evelyn nod - no issues with them.
7420-03-09 Friday

Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:00 am
Loose Canon

"Excellent. Expect that then."
> To Liam!

Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:04 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Excellent. Expect that then."
> To Liam!

You head over to Liam's office, where Miina is already talking to him.

Liam: "Ah, there's Ralph. I heard you had trouble back at the UEN facility?"
7420-03-09 Friday

Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:16 am

"Not necessarily trouble - Just a bit of a delay.

We found out who was trying to ambush us the last time - A group of spiritless creatures, seemingly engineered for stealth. They didn't seem keen on attacking a larger group of people, but laid several traps after we finished the first day of salvage.

The current plan is to try and capture one for Claire to study, then let things cool down a bit before we make another attempt. They can't keep traps up all the time, otherwise they'd already be doing that, and they can't directly confront us. As long as we go in early enough to get it done within a day, we should be able to get all the machinery out."

Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:31 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Trouble is a strong word, more of roadblocks.

We figured out what the weird presence and source of the traps from last visit was, a dozen or so big humanoid things with camouflage skin and very good stealth skills. They're very strange, most of all because they don't have spirits, so I've currently got a strong hunch they're some kind of bio engineered guerrilla weapon that the UEN made, as crazy as that sounds.

We got a ton of files, all the contents of their archives actually, and some machinery on the first day. They stalked us constantly, but left us alone after a few demonstrations that we knew they were there and we could easily target them.

Then, the next day we wake up and they've booby trapped the living hell out of the facility. It'd take weeks to get through all that with no interference, let alone with them there, so we're going to let things cool off for a while and hopefully they'll take the traps down, then we'll go back another time.

Next trip we also plan to capture one or two. Claire has expressed a bit of interest in studying one if their body is made of HM even if they don't have a core, and said the Whitehawk might too. Their ability to survive ambient magic without a spirit is worth investigating.

Speaking of, I'm happy to bring along the Whitehawk rep to Vellum. Mina said we should take all the files and machinery in Ingret over to the Ossolen building for them to look at, so that should probably come first."

Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:18 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Trouble is a strong word, more of roadblocks.

We figured out what the weird presence and source of the traps from last visit was, a dozen or so big humanoid things with camouflage skin and very good stealth skills. They're very strange, most of all because they don't have spirits, so I've currently got a strong hunch they're some kind of bio engineered guerrilla weapon that the UEN made, as crazy as that sounds.

We got a ton of files, all the contents of their archives actually, and some machinery on the first day. They stalked us constantly, but left us alone after a few demonstrations that we knew they were there and we could easily target them.

Then, the next day we wake up and they've booby trapped the living hell out of the facility. It'd take weeks to get through all that with no interference, let alone with them there, so we're going to let things cool off for a while and hopefully they'll take the traps down, then we'll go back another time.

Next trip we also plan to capture one or two. Claire has expressed a bit of interest in studying one if their body is made of HM even if they don't have a core, and said the Whitehawk might too. Their ability to survive ambient magic without a spirit is worth investigating.

Speaking of, I'm happy to bring along the Whitehawk rep to Vellum. Mina said we should take all the files and machinery in Ingret over to the Ossolen building for them to look at, so that should probably come first."

Liam: "Interesting...

Yes, having Ingret fly the machinery and files over to Ossolen would probably be the most efficient way to get them there.

Do you have an idea on a schedule involving another UEN trip, and going to Vellum?"

7420-03-09 Friday

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:12 am
Loose Canon

"Hm... The things at the facility seemed pretty cautious, I'd like to give them at least a few weeks to let their guard back down. They may be living like animals, but they're definitely intelligent. Backing off to let them let their guard down won't work twice, if it even fully works once.

Going back to Vellum... that timing might be perfect actually. Head there, stay up there a while, when some time has passed hit the UEN facility again.

Actually, real quick, Frederick. Frankly he's great. Flexible abilities, steady under pressure, works well with the team, definitely fills a physical-oriented gap we had. I'd like to keep him on permanently."

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:38 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm... The things at the facility seemed pretty cautious, I'd like to give them at least a few weeks to let their guard back down. They may be living like animals, but they're definitely intelligent. Backing off to let them let their guard down won't work twice, if it even fully works once.

Going back to Vellum... that timing might be perfect actually. Head there, stay up there a while, when some time has passed hit the UEN facility again.

Actually, real quick, Frederick. Frankly he's great. Flexible abilities, steady under pressure, works well with the team, definitely fills a physical-oriented gap we had. I'd like to keep him on permanently."

Liam: "Sure thing, no problems with that.

While you deliver the machinery to Ossolen, I'll see if I can get in contact with the city council again and try to get something out of them, they've really been dragging their feet on the matter."

7420-03-09 Friday

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:54 am
Loose Canon

"Heh, maybe a giant owl flying in and regurgitating a small building's worth of files and machinery will do the trick.
Oh, and you wanted me to get checked out from what Rafflesia did while I was over there, right?"

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 582, 583, 584, 585, 586, 587, 588 ... 597  Next