View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:11 pm



Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
 Fhealltoir Take:2 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> Shields down, start dumping energy into shields.
"How far are we from extraction, Mylan? Our supplies are running thin."


Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:19 am
Posts: 1092
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> Quietly mull over what's coming next. Reaction fire/turn any enemy units that come into view.


Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12599
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> Chill


Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3925
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>Switch off my shields to recharge as much as I can before arrival. Then reboot them.


Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5161
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>Scan the landscape for hostiles as we go. We’ve been ambushed like this before, and losing control of the gates compounds the issue.


Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:10 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1518
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
As you get close to the gate you hear a roar of massive engines, and looking skywards see a Hauler lifting off, as it gets maybe a couple hundred meters up suddenly four cannon shells impact it from below, it keeps rising seemingly unaffected, then a second volley slams home and it shudders and rocks from the impact, plating mangled and it's ascent grinding to a halt.
A third volley then hits and it starts falling, an engine pod shearing off and streaking through the air before slamming to the ground a mere dozen meters behind you all. Before you can even start to react the ground shakes as it crashes down, erupting in a fireball that can be seen even beyond the district walls.
That... that wasn't our ticket out of here... right? Mylan stutters before starting to fiddle with something on a handheld terminal, but before he can do whatever he was tyrying to do the radio crackles to life.
Contingent Four You guys receiving?
This is Screen from Contingent Three, that fireball you just saw was One and Two.
They got to their Hauler and took off without checking for Triple-A, bunch of Fivers showed them how stupid that was.
We're holed up near the Hauler, but we've taken a real beating and our ammo has run all but dry, the most we can do is hold this position.
There are four Fivers active in the district, we've got a rough location on all of them, but nothing precise.
You need to take those guns out so we can leave as soon as possible, or we're all dead ♥♥♥♥ meat.



[Mylan will open the gate at the start of the next turn, you may action as if the gate is already open]


Image

Orbital scans of this district show it to be a relatively small spaceport with two landing pads, there are a selection of logistics buildings scattered throughout the maze of containers that composes most of the district, but there are also Military garrisons in the south eastern and south western corners.

- Destroy enemy AAA units.
- Board Orbital Hauler for Extraction. [Pre-requisite Incomplete]


HKU - Thunder

Dropping shields and starting to feed energy into your shields you switch to a rear camera feed and ask Mylan a question.
"How far are we from extraction, Mylan? Our supplies are running thin."
Mylan pauses in the middle of doing something with his rigging to reply while gesturing to the front "This is it Thunder, spaceport through that gate ahead." He then continues with what he was doing and... that's blood. Somehow noticing your gaze he mutters "Caught some shrapnel between the plates" Mylan pauses to jab an injector into the wound "Just a flesh wound, i've had worse."


CrazyMLC - Crispr

Bringing up the footage of the burning troopers ready to play it you open a channel to Mylan "Operative Mylan, would you care to help me review this footage?" Mylan turns to face you and replies in a monotone "Ah, Crispr... I've read your file, so i'll pass on that."
Frowning, you start watching the feed, on your own. What's wrong with my file? and how'd this spook get to go and read it anyway. You try to enjoy the footage, but Mylans comment sours the experience and you turn it off part way there and sit in silence the rest of the way.


TheKebbit - Kettlehead

Switching your shields to recharge you sit back, and taking a swig of water from your flask do your best to relax as you continue on.


CaveCricket48 - Baroque

Sitting back for the travel you look at Mylan as he's talking to Thunder and his gear seems pretty impressive, armoured rigging, a gun that you cannot identify for the life of you clearly some heavily modified custom job, heavy duty optical unit with a good half dozen lenses and a beast of a pistol on his hip that you'd bet your life is a Granzis. But, there's an oddity.
His strength boosting harness but only covers his left arm. Which seems wrong, especially given how he's holding his gun right handed. You spend a while trying to figure it out until he turns to look at Crispr and it suddenly clicks, his right arm is longer than his left, by a notable margin.
His legs and right arm must be cybernetics, that's really high end stuff.


DSMK2 - STOP

Grumbling to yourself you stay alert for any hostiles opening the gate ahead of you, they better not have anything new ahead of you things are dicey enough as it is.


Areku - Frog

You scan the link road to see if there are any traps laid for you, but as far as you can tell, there is noting out of the ordinary, just an empty stretch of walled in road. At least your rear is secure, that gate isn't opening any time soon with its mechanism spitting out that much smoke.


Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4772
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> Rush ahead, grumpy over what Mylan said. NNNNN tW, butt to the building. Lasair and Flamethrower liberally. Deora J-8.


Last edited by CrazyMLC on Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:25 am, edited 3 times in total.



Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:27 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
"Roger, Screen. We're low on smoke but not too beat up and still heavily armed.
Know what else is in the district besides the Fivers?"

> Shields up, drone out. N to Z13, fire on any vehicles I see to the west, prioritizing the Fiver. If there's any enemies left at the end, 1S back to cover.


Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:15 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4772
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
"Sightline to the west extends for 25 blocks. Requesting smoke cover."


Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:29 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.020s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]