View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:45 pm



Reply to topic  [ 10897 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 717, 718, 719, 720, 721, 722, 723 ... 727  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"At a guess, something of a mix between a merchant, a noble, and a 'legitimate businessman'.
I think we need to find an actual official to talk to, someone involved in running Bordello, without so much to personally gain from working with us."


Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:18 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12676
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"At a guess, something of a mix between a merchant, a noble, and a 'legitimate businessman'.
I think we need to find an actual official to talk to, someone involved in running Bordello, without so much to personally gain from working with us."


Oliver: "Don't suppose the town hall's open at this hour. Could hit it up tomorrow mornin', ask around."



[Timeskip?]
[Other]
7420-06-26 Wednesday


Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:23 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Timeskip, yeah.


Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:11 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12676
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Timeskip, yeah.


~

The next morning, your team heads over to the Town Hall, closer to the south side of the city.

Thankfully, the administrative district is less crowded and less gaudy than the other parts of Bordello, and you quickly find the small town hall building and head in.


Stepping into the main hall, it leads to a receptionist's booth up ahead, with all hallways blocked off by gates.

The receptionist smiles politely as you walk up to the counter.

Man: "How can I help you?"
7420-06-27 Thursday


Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:30 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Hello. Uh, well, we're from Sianna, trying to get into Vallis. We're all the way up here for archaeological work, mostly looking for old technology.
Going there from Vellum wasn't an option, so we're trying to find entrance the long way, through Sial and the Gria territories.
Do you know if there's anyone around who can help us?"


Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:45 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12676
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hello. Uh, well, we're from Sianna, trying to get into Vallis. We're all the way up here for archaeological work, mostly looking for old technology.
Going there from Vellum wasn't an option, so we're trying to find entrance the long way, through Sial and the Gria territories.
Do you know if there's anyone around who can help us?"


Man: "Sianna, wow.

I'm not aware of any city officials that could help you out, but I can send a letter to a few people and see if they know anything.

I don't suppose you know of Teresa Haas?"



You shake your head - no.


Man: "The Haas family is not officially a ruling entity, but they might as well be - they have more power than the city council and mayor. I think I've heard of them having dealings with Sial before, memory's a bit hazy. Definitely involved with various Gria affairs.

Teresa Haas is I guess the current 'head' of the family."

7420-06-27 Thursday


Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:30 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"I see.
That would be great. We met with a uh, Saahi? Yesterday, but I'd like to hear things from a more official source before we decide on anything.
A side question, what is a Saahi exactly? I've never heard the title before."


Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:59 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12676
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"I see.
That would be great. We met with a uh, Saahi? Yesterday, but I'd like to hear things from a more official source before we decide on anything.
A side question, what is a Saahi exactly? I've never heard the title before."


Man: "It's like, a Gria male that has a harem and a large chunk of land. They often use their land and workforce to farm, mine, or manufacture, some do research, others operate as mercenary companies.

They're comparable to an old-time King I suppose. They have near-absolute authority in their domain, while competing with other Saahi in the locale, resulting in some very interesting things going on."



He writes on a piece of paper and hands it to you.


Man: "You can find the Haas family estate there. It doesn't need saying, but do watch what you say. The Haas family is generally amicable, but there've been people in the past that pissed them off in some fashion and, well, not very good things happened to those people."
7420-06-27 Thursday


Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:36 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Hm. I'll keep that in mind.
Thank you."
> I guess we're done here. Let's get going towards the Haas estate then.


Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:03 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12676
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm. I'll keep that in mind.
Thank you."
> I guess we're done here. Let's get going towards the Haas estate then.


~

The Haas estate has a large hilly park to the east of it, the administrative district to the south, and business and "party" districts to the north - the perfect distance from everything.

The estate grounds itself is surrounded by a high stone wall with a large amount of standoff distance between it and the nearby townhouses.


Walking up to the large dark wood doors in the wall, you see what looks like an intercom speaker and a button.
7420-06-27 Thursday


Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:30 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Press.
"Hello? I was hoping to speak with Theresa Haas."


Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:34 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12676
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Press.
"Hello? I was hoping to speak with Theresa Haas."


A man's voice responds through the intercom -

Man: "May I ask what for?"
7420-06-27 Thursday


Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:46 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"I'm part of an archaeological team from Sianna, looking to get to Vallis. I was hoping the Haas family could help us into Sial."


Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:50 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12676
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"I'm part of an archaeological team from Sianna, looking to get to Vallis. I was hoping the Haas family could help us into Sial."



There's a pause.



Man: "Miss Haas is interested in speaking with you. Please wait a moment."


After a minute, the door opens and a butler is there to greet you.


Butler: "Welcome. Follow me, please."


Stepping in, the door closes behind and your team follows.

A large lawn sits on the inside edge of the wall, with walkways that lead to small gardens and ponds.

Several cottages sit on the outer reaches of the estate, while a large mansion lies in the center.

Your team is led into one of the outer structures, which is structured specifically for meetings. A long hallway with three doors, with the center door leading into the meeting room, and the two doors leading to private rooms that also have doors to the meeting room.

The butler leads you into one of the private rooms, where there are several chairs, an empty shelf, and a small table.


Butler: "Please remove all weapons and mana stones from your possession, they will be safe here."


Your team looks at you, waiting for the confirmation.
7420-06-27 Thursday


Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:29 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Two telepaths and a kinetic SWAT mage.
I've got a Backup Plan anyway, if needed.

"Go ahead."
Remove mine too. Preferably without triggering the telepathy trap.


Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:41 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 10897 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 717, 718, 719, 720, 721, 722, 723 ... 727  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.037s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]