View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 1229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 82  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Mecha ON HOLD 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Mecha
Gaaagh,

I'm really bad at describing mechs.

Especially aerial mechs. I was hoping to make it like the Soul Ripper from Supreme Commander 1, the Cybran Experimental Gunship, but the name and looks would be ridiculous to say the least.

Suggestions?

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:15 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Jesus christ it's been too long.
Ok, I promise to roll tomorrow, and you all get +1 because Jesus.

EDIT: LIKE I SAID, ROLLING.

Tomaster (Vladimír Shurla) [4]:
You turn around and head down the only passage available to you, then quickly turn left and see a bigass corridor, with a couple doors nearby on the left. You walk down as far as the doors and take a look through a small window in the doors.
Pretty dark in there, can't tell what it is...

Pilot
Abilities:
Inventory:
- Field Medical Kit
- Field Repair Kit
- 9mm Glock
-- 18/18 Rounds
- Shinboku Scalemail
Conditions:

Exoskeleton

Amazigh ("Amazigh") [6]:
You stomp down the corridor, guns forward and shields ready to deploy. Nothing shows up thankfully.
Pilot
Abilities:
- Cyborg Enhancements
-- Shinboku Expansion
--- Direct Mecha Interface
--- Bullettime (+2 to rolls during usage)
Inventory:
- Field Medical Kit
- Field Repair Kit
- 9mm Glock
-- 18/18 Rounds
Conditions:
- Broken Toes (Braced and Splinted)
- Shoeless

Exoskeleton

JJA79 (James Argus) [8]:
You crank your weapon's power up to maximum, and find that you can barely move. Your arms can a bit, enough to aim at least, but no way you can walk anywhere. Guess you need at least SOME power to Movement. You crank it down one notch, and find you can walk again. You notice your right arm is slightly humming.

Pilot
Abilities:
- Sniper expert (+1 when shooting from long range)
Inventory:
- Field Medical Kit
- Field Repair Kit
- 9mm Glock
-- 18/18 Rounds
Conditions:
- Panic (-1 to actions when in close combat)
- Broken Legs (Anesthetized and splinted, cannot walk)

Exoskeleton

Tokochiro (John Kosloswa) [2]:
Whatever she was shooting at was on the other side of the doors with her. No way to get at them now.

Pilot
Abilities:
Inventory:
- Field Medical Kit
- Field Repair Kit
- 9mm Glock
-- 18/18 Rounds
- Sports Watch
- Visitor's Map
Conditions:

Exoskeleton

DragonXP (Kaime Freins) [2]:
You're confused.
"Why does she have an office in enemy territory?"
Dude, you don't know? Didn't you keep up with like, news before the Blue Storm?
"Not really, why?"
She's goddamn famous. NovaCorp's her company, it shot up so big and so fast it was crazy. News stories on new breakthroughs and stuff like every month. She was practically the new Bill Gates, everyone knew her. Then after the storm, she tried to give relief to the more damaged areas, and NovaCorp started burning money like crazy, and the board of directors locked her out.
"That last part doesn't sound like something that'd be on the news..."
Yeah, that was in a memo from a while ago. You don't read those either?
">__>"

You're so caught up in the conversation over the radio with Sargon you don't even notice the others get going.

Pilot
Abilities:
Inventory:
- Field Medical Kit
- Field Repair Kit
- 9mm Glock
-- 18/18 Rounds
Conditions:
- Cybernetic Left Leg

Exoskeleton

Ragdollmaster (Sargon) [5]:
You move forward with Amazigh and Vlad, shields ready to intercept. You explain the whole NovaCorp and Fiona Lovegale relation to Kaime while you walk.
Pilot
Abilities:
Inventory:
- Field Medical Kit
- Field Repair Kit
- 9mm Glock
-- 18/18 Rounds
Conditions:

Exoskeleton

Game Events: Nothing shows up in the long hallway thankfully, but it's rather dark and hard to see. It seems like the alarm going on turned off the power, but the dim red backup lighting is still on.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:45 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>Keep heading down the corridor, maintain current power levels and preparedness.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:49 pm
DRLGrump

Put a little bit more power into movement, so I can be ready to dodge on a seconds notice. Keep moving forward, stick with the group.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:40 am

Location: Standing on the edge of a large pit of lava facing away from it.
>Monitor humming noise if it gets any louder reduce the amount of energy going to weapons by half and transfer it to reserve. Also try to get any lighting systems on my mecha to turn up so i can see better.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:09 pm

>Follow

Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Keep following

Wed May 02, 2012 2:18 am
Loose Canon

Ragdoll, cmon man. You're supposed to be all responsible and ♥♥♥♥.

Fri May 04, 2012 3:10 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Hey Torrent, can I have some help with my mech?

I posted it earlier on in the thread. I tried to make it a reference to supreme commander 1, but failed miserably, and I cant seem to make a practical aerial mech.

Fri May 04, 2012 3:13 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

The problem is proper aerial mechs aren't really a reality. Fiona has one, but she has ridiculous resources and SCIENCE available to her. There is an experimental flying vehicle on the Exoneration, but it's really more of a large armored jet with a lot of guns than an aerial mech.
I suppose if you made it Light and without much in the way of armor, then it could work.

Fri May 04, 2012 3:19 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TorrentHKU wrote:
I suppose if you made it Light and without much in the way of armor, then it could work.

Alright then. I've recovered my mech sheet from Blue Thunder.
caekdaemon wrote:
Pilot
Name: James Jones
Description: Brown Haired, British, Green Eyes. Wearing Blue shirt, Grey Trousers/Pants, Black shoes.
Backstory: His father was lost on a mission into a rainforest while on search for some tree. Sadly, James was conceived just before he left on that expedition, and thus, he never saw his father. He became a mercenary for hire, similar to his father, and his many siblings. Unlike his brothers who favour heavy armour and maximum destructive power, James favours a fast approach, preferably from the air.

Name: Soul Ripper
Height/Weight: 15 metres weighing 25 tons
Physical Description: The Soul Ripper is a VTOL capable aircraft, but equipped similar to a Helicopter. It's wings are fairly short, and the cockpit is at the front. Under the cockpit is a rotary autocannon, and under the wings are two rocket pods.
Classification: Light/Aerial Recon
Combat Role: Fast Attack
Primary Weapon: Two UB-32 rocket pods, 32 rockets each.
Secondary Weapon: Rotary Autocannon, underneath the cockpit
Abilities: Fast : +1 to moving or evading. Trained Pilot : +1 to leaving the hanger and starting up the mech.
SuperWeapon: Kamikaze : The Soul Ripper rams into the target, the pilot ejecting shortly before the collision.

I chose the name Soul Ripper and made it a aerial mech as a homage to Supreme Commander 1, the Cybran experimental gunship. Great unit.

Its already a light, and I don't see a way I can make the armour classed as aluminium.

God I'm bad at this.

Fri May 04, 2012 4:05 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Alright, I suppose that will work.

Fri May 04, 2012 4:26 am
Profile WWW

>Shields up, ready for action

Fri May 04, 2012 6:17 pm
Loose Canon

Let there be ROLLS.

Tomaster (Vladimír Shurla) [9]:
... Oh what the hell, why not. You pull out one of your exosuits swords, power up Weapons a bit, and hear the blade hum. You slide it down the crack between door and wall of the offices, and you feel only a bit of resistance as the blade slices cleanly through the lock. You then turn the handle and open the door wide open, noting that the lock gives off a bit of dust or smoke when you do. You peer in, look around a bit, and in the gloom of the outside see a couple large cardboard boxes on the floor. You are about to pass them up when you see big words on the side.
CAUTION: EXPERIMENTAL
R&D PURPOSES ONLY

That piques your attention. You grab the box with one hand and drag it into the hall, scanning the office while you do. A couple desks, a lot of boxes and shelves and papers, some older computers. Nothing that looks very important. Considering this is in the maintenance tunnels, this might be an office for the cleaning staff and such.
You check behind you, and Amazigh and John are both here with you still. Good to see you weren't left for dead.

Pilot
Abilities:
Inventory:
- Field Medical Kit
- Field Repair Kit
- 9mm Glock
-- 18/18 Rounds
- Shinboku Scalemail
Conditions:

Exoskeleton

Amazigh ("Amazigh") [1]:
You suddenly get a bad feeling about leaving Vlad here alone, so you decide to wait up for him. Wait, what's with the box?

Pilot
Abilities:
- Cyborg Enhancements
-- Shinboku Expansion
--- Direct Mecha Interface
--- Bullettime (+2 to rolls during usage)
Inventory:
- Field Medical Kit
- Field Repair Kit
- 9mm Glock
-- 18/18 Rounds
Conditions:
- Broken Toes (Braced and Splinted)
- Shoeless

Exoskeleton

JJA79 (James Argus) [10]:
You listen to the humming for a minute, but it stays constant. Well these guns are apparently magnetically fired, they have to keep a charge somehow you suppose. But you doubt they'd give these suits a weapon that could explode or something from regular usage. It'll probably taking overcharging the gun or getting it damaged for something to go wrong. But just in case, you crank down the power to the weapons. If you need that much Dakka so early in the mission anyway, something is very wrong.
You flip through auxiliary controls for a second, looking for lights, and find helmet mounted narrow beam lights. You flick them on, and two beams of bright like shine forward, sadly providing little illumination for the area. You can at least tell how far the walls and hallway run though.

Pilot
Abilities:
- Sniper expert (+1 when shooting from long range)
Inventory:
- Field Medical Kit
- Field Repair Kit
- 9mm Glock
-- 18/18 Rounds
Conditions:
- Panic (-1 to actions when in close combat)
- Broken Legs (Anesthetized and splinted, cannot walk)

Exoskeleton

Tokochiro (John Kosloswa) [1]:
You stay to wait for Vlad and Amazigh.

Pilot
Abilities:
Inventory:
- Field Medical Kit
- Field Repair Kit
- 9mm Glock
-- 18/18 Rounds
- Sports Watch
- Visitor's Map
Conditions:

Exoskeleton

DragonXP (Kaime Freins) [8]:
You, Sargon, and James start down the hallway while the other three investigate the offices. James turns on his high beams, and thankfully nothing lights up in the gloom. Sargon takes the front of the group, popping his shields up. The soft blue glow helps light things up a little, and offsets the red as well. Maybe that thing Commander Lovegale saw was just her eyes playing tricks on her. There doesn't seem to be much here.

Pilot
Abilities:
Inventory:
- Field Medical Kit
- Field Repair Kit
- 9mm Glock
-- 18/18 Rounds
Conditions:
- Cybernetic Left Leg

Exoskeleton

Ragdollmaster (Sargon) [8]:
You plod to the front of the group, and deploy your shields at medium power. You notice they give off a handy glow as well, letting you see a bit more of the area.
You also notice you're at 100% power utilization. The suits are meant to handle this of course, but you won't be able to redistribute power as quickly with it all assigned like this. You're also going pretty slow at just 10% Movement.
Pilot
Abilities:
Inventory:
- Field Medical Kit
- Field Repair Kit
- 9mm Glock
-- 18/18 Rounds
Conditions:

Exoskeleton

Game Events: Sargon and James help light up the corridor, but it's still pretty dark. The group is now split in two; Vlad, Amazigh, and John back at the offices, James, Sargon and Kaime almost at the end of the hallway.

Tue May 15, 2012 4:34 am
Profile WWW

>power my weapons to emit light.

Tue May 15, 2012 5:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 1229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 82  Next