View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 RTD: Guardians of Eden| You can (not) re-roll. 

Post Re: RTD: Guardians of Eden [NGE]
Name: Hannah
Profile: Hannah is a dark haired blue eyed generally very quiet person. She was beaten harshly, repeatedly, as a child, by her foster parents and siblings. She craved strength but was generally a quiet indecisive person, this caused a rift in her personality and consciousness. After stabbing her foster parent in the arm repeatedly one day, she was sent to a mental hospital at age 11.
Psychological instabilities: MPD/Schizophrenia , unlike normal MPD, there is only one other split in her psyche. Her other side, as she calls it, is generally violent or unsuppressed, it does whatever it wants to if she lets it.
EVA description: Medium build red and black coloring.
EVA condition: NORMAL
EVA sync rate: -NA-

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Map of Tokyo-3
Sketch of Tokyo-3
And you might want to read this. (Rolling on Saturday!)

Wed May 02, 2012 8:42 am

Roll: INTRODUCTION
--------------------

ALERT, ALERT
TARGET INBOUND
ALL NON COMBAT PERSONNEL ARE TO MOVE IMMEDIATELY TO THEIR DESIGNATED SHELTERS
ANALYSIS COMPLETE, PATTERN: BLUE
REPEAT, TARGET IS CONFIRMED ANGEL.
Quote:
Report for Advisor
Visuals show target's a large humanoid with unknown offensive capabilities and is roughly the same size as an EVA. It should be easy to neutralize, however the pilots only arrived yesterday and have no experience piloting an EVA what so ever, so calibrations and basic instructions will have to be done on the fly.
--------------------
The pilots gather in the briefing room along with their Advisor, Mr Roberts. Already wearing their plug suits, they are completely ready to enter their EVAs, all that is left is for Bob to give them some orders, or inspirational words.

Sat May 05, 2012 6:39 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I uh, am surprisingly bad at speeches and inspirational words. With little information on what exactly I'm sending the team up against, I can't give them a briefing either.

Sat May 05, 2012 10:55 pm
Profile WWW

Soooo... Do we wait for you to say more, or do we enter our EVAs?

Sun May 06, 2012 12:03 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

unwoundpath wrote:
Soooo... Do we wait for you to say more, or do we enter our EVAs?

I ain't said a word. Just enter your EVAs, there ain't going to be a speech.

Sun May 06, 2012 12:13 am
Profile WWW

Enter EVA

Sun May 06, 2012 5:40 pm

Enter EVA,ask what my EVA's configuration is.
Just watched more of the show, I now know what they have.
"Well, lets hope I can do this..."

EDIT: for those not wanting to download the series, this works fine for me.

EDIT 2: I love this series, downloading it now.

Sun May 06, 2012 6:19 pm

Name: Dagenham (records of his first name were fried in the Impact's flashover)
Profile: A tall, skeletal teenager that looks like a clay model rolled out too thin. A life spent in the company of paranoid refugees from the Southern Hemisphere in a bunker left him malnourished and unused to open spaces. In addition, extensive ocular surgery and implantation after a childhood infection have turned him almost black of eyeball, giving him a cold and disturbing stare that can unsettle most normal people.
Psychological Status: Years of darkness and multiple poorly-anesthesized eye operations make him sometimes see strange things and blurry forms that aren't there, with the effect amplifying at night and driving him to crazed paranoia. His ruthlessness and disregard for human life is somewhat shocking in a child of his age, but his lack of cares for civilian casualties can sometimes let him accomplish things other pilots would refuse to even consider.
EVA Description: Grey and white, thinner than normal but with massive, jet-black eyes that almost seem to emit a slight amount of UV blacklight.
EVA Condition: NORMAL
EVA Sync Rate: -N/A-

Sat May 12, 2012 6:21 pm

Heh, can't wait for the roll later, I'm on episode 19 23 now. Love it.

Sat May 12, 2012 6:44 pm

Name: Lydia Fox
Profile: A short girl, with long red hair and grey blue eyes. One of the many orphans form the third impact, her age is uncertain due to being found under a large pile of rubble by a Gungnir Scientist after the third impact, and after much reluctance form the scientists part, was put into an orphanage. Lydia had trouble making friends due to a personality that was described as “Loud, aggressive and self-centred” by the orphanages staff. When she was around 10 years of age, she was selected by the same (and now high ranking) Gungnir scientist as a potential pilot, after only a few tests she proved to be a more than adequate candidate, and was subsequently ‘adopted’ by the company. For four years she has trained, and has been waiting for a chance to prove her worth, wanting to finally be able to properly thank Dr Charlotte Grey for all she has done for her.
Psychological instabilities: Over aggressive and is prone to acting and talking rashly and with complete honesty, some would say too much honesty. Prone to a berserker like rage if injured, and is extremely attached (near objectophile) to her mech, shedding a single tear every time they get separated. Also loves fire and explosions.
EVA description: EVA:05 | Average EVA. Main: Red Secondary: Orange.
EVA condition: NORMAL
EVA sync rate: -NA-

Mon May 14, 2012 8:39 am

Roll: 1
--------------------
Quote:
The three teens are given only a small curt nod before entering their entry plugs (elongated, capsule shaped pods containing the EVAs controls) and are inserted into the spinal column of the EVA. The controls consist of only 2 sliding hand grips, both with a trigger, leaving the young pilots to only wonder how the hell they're meant to control these things.
Without warning, the capsules start to fill with a reddish liquid, and the pilots are quickly submerged, left struggling to hold their breath.
"Relax, the liquids called LCL, it allows us to oxygenate your lungs directly, it also helps boost the synchronization rate with the EVA."
One by one, the pilots release their breath, they find that what the voice said was indeed true, and after a few seconds the feel of the LCL becomes practically identical to normal air.
"My name is Dr Charlotte Grey, I'm the head of the science division of Gungnir, a very broad title, but at the moment all that means is that I'm in charge of teaching you guys how to pilot the EVAs properly, as well as making sure they don't go berserk and eat each other while your still inside, although I'm pretty sure we fixed that problem..."
After whispering a bit to someone, she continues.
"Well, we'll make sure we don't push you too hard then, that seems to trigger it Hahaha~! ... Anyway, by now you should know that there are very few controls in the entry plug, this is because the EVA is controlled almost entirely by thought."
The ramps and struts around the EVA start being hauled away, and all ground crew leave the area as orange warning lights flash.
"How well you can control your EVA depends on your 'synchronization level', this is shown in a percentage, usually from 0% like right now, to 100%. It can go higher, and my techies say if you manage to get 150% or higher you get a '+1 modifier'... whatever that means."
A questioning look is given to an Aviator wearing techs-pert, who replies with an innocent smile and a shrug.
"Well, I can guarantee that none of you will even reach 80%, so that shouldn't be a problem, now, how about we power up your EVAs?"
Color rushs towards you from the bottum of the plug, and after a dazzling display of lights, vision from the EVAs head (or in Sals case, a very disconcerting feeling of everywhere) is displayed all around the plug, with a suprising amount of depth and clarity

unwoundpath
EVA Sync Rate: -32%-
--------------------
Psygnosis
EVA Sync Rate: -60%-
--------------------
nicolasx
EVA Sync Rate: -56%-

Quote:
"Sal, Hanna, that's an excellent sync rate for your first time, we'll have you walking in no time! Jran, uuuh, just hope for the best, ok?"
"Ok, I'll give you some helpful tips on controlling the EVA while you go up the lift."
The three lifts rocket up their chutes at speeds commonly reached by space craft, and all pilots are unable to hear a word Dr Grey says.
As EVAs 1,2, and 3 surface, the pilots immediately notice two things, the warmth of the daylight, and the Angel waiting for them only a few blocks away.
"Alright, now put that into practice, try taking your first steps."

--------------------

Mon May 14, 2012 9:45 am

Post Re: RTD: Guardians of Eden| You can (not) re-roll.
"Gah, sync rates, why bother!"

Think of moving, one foot after the other.

In other news I finished the series, the last 2 episodes were weird.

Mon May 14, 2012 10:43 am

"Thanks! We can still talk to you guys at HQ right?"
Take my first steps in the EVA

Tue May 15, 2012 4:57 am
Loose Canon

Question.
Can I still join this as a pilot.

Tue May 15, 2012 5:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next